Sup Forums told me this was shit to mediocre at best?

Sup Forums told me this was shit to mediocre at best?

Are you fucking kidding me?? This has to be some of THE BEST visual kino I have seen in YEARS. Similar to Bladerunner if not better! Ghost in the Shell was fucking awesome and I enjoyed the fuck out of it. Kudos to the filmmakers of this.

Sorry for all the lame asses who never liked it, you clearly need simpler and more dulled down plot lines to understand and enjoy. Spiderman Homecoming anyone

What did Sup Forums ACTUALLY think of the film?? Ghost in The Shell was good whether Scarlett Johanssen was asian or not it was fucking KINO!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.es/Kino-Eye-Writings-Dziga-Vertov/dp/0520056302
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>visual kino means lots of pretty colors and flashing lights

It was butthurt anime virgins from Sup Forums and Sup Forums trashing it on this board, and sci-fi hating critics trashing it on review aggregates. It's an 8/10 for me only because of the trite twist at the end, but I think that the casting, visuals and closeness to the source material were the best of any anime adaptation so far. You're not alone.

>Sup Forums told me this was shit to mediocre at best?
>Are you fucking kidding me?? This has to be some of THE BEST visual kino

>kino

stopped reading right there.

>he fell for the disney/marvel shills trying to trash the film

I liked it.

Why do redditors hate kino and other memes and terminology that came from this board and actively try to get rid of it?

your opinion is wrong

Watched it high. Did all the side characters have weird accents on purpose? It was quite disturbing how some of the lines were delivered.

???

???

!!

??

ironic shitposting is still shitposting famalem

The movie was only good when the plot suddenly changed into the original animated movie 2/3 of the way in. The only good supporting characters were Batou and Aramaki. This movie will forgotten just as Dredd did.

Go back Sup Forums, and no more Evangelion threads while you're at it.

Sup Forums HATES it!
Sup Forums LOVES it!

It may have the skeleton of the anime it doesn't have its body or soul. In an era of remake it's a bit annoying/insulting to see people making easy money on confirmed past success.
I was already sceptical when they announced it, knowing how special and unique the anime was and I wasn't surprised by the result.
Yeah of course nowadays you have the best special effects to add to but certain things are best left as it is.
So in that way I can understand that it received negative reviews, from what you are saying, but if you were only looking for entertainment and wow factor it was probably great.

>visual kino

>it's the best visual kino

Anyone that says that is not referring exclusively to Dziga Vertov's theory should be shot. It's a brilliant mark of not knowing what you're talking about.

Being a fan of the original film, I thought it was pretty middle of the road. Every time the original film was referenced visually, all it did was remind me how much better it was handled in the anime. I wish they had just taken the source material in name and vague concept only, and branched out into their own thing.

ScarJo's performance was a little uneven imo. Sometime she'd be this stiff robotic type, then a huge emotion out of nowhere. I would have been fine with either, not both.

Visuals were nice though. CGI was used well, even if there was an excess of it. I liked the score. Supporting cast was solid, though how they talked juliette binoche into this I have no idea.

6/10. Glad I didn't pay for it.

I thought the visuals were definitely the strongest aspect, and as a cyberpunk film it did the aesthetic justice. But to say that it looked better than Bladerunner is legitimately retarded, and if you truly think it is better I am sorry.

Script was shit. Visuals were great. Scarlett is beautiful.

The set and Scarjo were the best parts

Muh kino meme!
>Expects to be taken seriously.

Fucking idiot.

>Only praises the movie for it's visuals
>Won't acknowledge the water down plot/ banal existentialism

I'm sure you also love the Transformer movies

Hey Reddit, you're not gonna kill kino you faggot cunts.

The banal existentialism in the 3D version was only one step removed from the anime, it's a good adaptation, get over it.

>Muh kino meme!
>Muh reddit meme!

LEL! Kino is already dead. It's only used by faggots and retards at this point.

Hey Reddit, you're not gonna kill kino faggot cunt.

>tries handing it to the first ethnic person she finds til some stage hand takes it instead
What did she mean by this?

It's already dead you triggered little fucktard. Just like your shit thread. Everyone laughs at kinotards now. It's the easiest way to spot a teenage memester.

Cry harder you little meme spewing faggot.

hEY rEDDIT, yOUR'e nOT gOONA kILL kINO lITTLE fAGGot CuNT.

>Buh buh buh muh dead meme!
>I have to use duh memes cause I can't think so good!
>Puh puh puh please don't take muh reddit meme!
Holy shit you are triggered!

Op, please don't use memes in your first post. It only attracts shit posting trolls. Memes are for use on Reddit only. This is not Reddit. Carry on.

Post more webms

Hola Reddit, no vas a matar kino un coño pequeño.

Couldn't finish it, it was boring and bland.

Not enough super heroic quips and metal scraping?

Its a shit adaptation. They went with the most boring overused plot possible.
>everything you know is a lie
>the government used you and stold your identity
Generic as fuck

It's great, removing the 15 year old tier why am I here questions is definitely an improvement. I liked how major didn't go on a philosophical wankery tangent every 5 seconds. The visuals are amazing, the other characters are great especially Batou, Aramaki and Togusa. The soundtrack is alright albeit a bit generic. Better than the weeb garbage

VISUAL KINO

It wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. I feel like the re-arranged stuff for no good reason. Though it really hit some of the visual marks of the anime. I feel like if this move had came out 10 years ago it would have be a big hit. But it's not much we haven't seen before in other movies. Michael Pitt was a bit of an on-the-nose choice for Kuze. And Scarjo stomping around autistically wasn't necessary. The guy playing Batou kept changing his accent.

It was enjoyable, but not perfect. I saw how they borrowed things from the first movie and 2nd season of tv series.

I also never saw robocop before, so that may be why I didn't feel it was derivative when I was watching it.

The first movie was a first year philosophy student's homework assignment stretched into 1+ hours. It had no characterization, just visuals and pop philosophy.

Anime Sup Forums autists are truly insane. Innocence was even worse with this pretentious quote dumping shallow philosophical masturbation.

At least the live action made sure you liked Batou and the Major and even made the villian sympathetic.

It's like you want them to retread the tired question of "what makes man man?" which other movies have already done over and over again. This isn't the 90s yet you seem to want to be transported back to that period via this movie.

I saw a 4 foot 5 man, with baldness on top, and long unkempt wild hair at the sides. He was scowling and was muttering after the credits rolled, no doubt disappointed that 20 years of anime fandom and series obsession led to an accessible movie that is enjoyable.

That's you.

Damn this thread is a fucking turd.

no it's not

it's kino

Because people don't even use kino ironically anymore. The people using it all the time are the redditors that never know what kino truly meant.

Shut the fuck up Reddit. Kino isn't going away.

It was actually really enjoyable.

You can clearly tell when it's a stunt double because they stuffed Scarlett into a skin tight suit

>Vertov
Tell me more about this man

>you clearly need simpler and more dulled

literally GITS hentai doujins have had better story lines.

Sup Forums memes are a cancer upon this site as a whole, and it makes me physically nauseous to think any of you would take pride in them.

Best anime adaption we've ever gotten

unironically agree.

visuals are on a league of its own. that director should get more blockbusters, instead of that retards doing disney/marvel bullshit with direct-to-video aesthetic.

the anime movie was pure shit, so I bet this was better and triggered the anime nerds desu. When's it going to be on TV?

kino comes from neuromancer, or german scheizer movies

FUCKING MAKE FUTURE ROBO GIRL COP MOVIE THEN, FUCK MOVIE ADAPTIONS

>Best anime adaption we've ever gotten
>we've ever gotten
>we

this is the most cringe part of the whole ordeal. "it was meant for you anime fans !"

it's embarrassing enough being dragged to the same shit hole as the animu retards because you happen to watch a couple of animated kinos but now hollywood is trying to make a target group out of you. and by you I mean me. The anime scene disgust me -almost- as much as it disgusts Hideaki anno.

I'm glad they got based Batou right.

t. reddit

?
He's one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, the closest to the futurist art movement in film, innovated and set the grounds for modern documentary filmmaking and purely visual political commetary through montage. Kino was purely the sense of pure cinema through recollocated footage to convey new meanings, no actors and barely humans, as if the mere camera was doing the film through pure recording, thus being pure truth. It's sort of naive nowadays, but the stuff was revolutionary. His Kino Pravda series, Kino Glaz and Man with a Movie Camera are required viewings to understand film.

Here's a book of his collected writings, including manifesto and all:

amazon.es/Kino-Eye-Writings-Dziga-Vertov/dp/0520056302

She looks high or drunk

was this comment tryhard kino?

Neo Tokyo with Hong Kong skyline
Empty city

How could you say it is good visually?

This is what I thought

A joke compared to the original

when ScarJo finds her shell's gravestone with the Japanese name and fawns over it despite being white

>whether Scarlett Johanssen was asian or not
Reminder that major is not Asian.

You both just have shit taste m8

I enjoyed it too desu.

Also, you should note that 90% of the people trashing it are anime faggots who can't form any sort of critique of the movie without referencing the original anime.

People need to realise that an adaptation is just a fucking adaptation. It doesn't need to be exactly like the original works just to be worthy of praise. It should be judged on its own technical strengths and weaknesses.

DUDE HOLOGRAPHIC BILLBOARDS LMAO

sure it looks good but everything else falls kind of flat and It's got nothing on the 1996 film

I've had dumps better than this shit thread. I can't wait until the kids go back to school.

To be fair, the film is from a poser that just canibalised points and images from original series, so a thorough understanding and comparisons with the 1995 and in a lesser way SAC is necessary to judge it. That's the main issue commented with the film.

Its one of the better anime adaptions out there, calm down retard

I think the plot was too simple tbqh it dumb down the anime plot and got the laughing-man to be a retard instead of a really awesome sophisticated AI.
Also the movie did not explore the concept of the soul like the anime films and the series have done.

>got the laughing-man to be a retard instead of a really awesome sophisticated AI.
Have you even watched the series?

But it's also portrayed on a completely different visual medium and is clearly aimed at a different audience (well broader) to that of the original anime.

A common criticism is that it didn't explore themes related to "creating life", AI and the morality of merging technology with humans as deeply as the anime did.

However, anyone who watched the movie properly would be well aware that it was far more concerned with the origin story of Major and how that tied in to the ethics of human experimentation for the advancement of technology.

Both are valid themes in the context of Ghost in the Shell but those who were expecting the former were clearly going to be disappointed with the direction the movie took.

Visually - yes, several shots were lifted from the anime, however in terms of technical execution you could hardly say they were handled poorly. The CGI in this film is probably some of the best I've seen in modern cinema and anyone who was expecting more is being unrealistic.

yes, technically he is not an AI but a dude that went into the nett and his body is a corps by the time section 9 found him trapped into a sexbot.

people who trashed the film were just butthurt weebs
I thought it was pretty good

Good movie. Bad thread.

>technically he is not an AI but a dude that went into the nett and his body is a corps by the time section 9 found him trapped into a sexbot.
But that wasn't what happened in SAC at all. It was a non-coordinated ammount of hackers, enterprise collussion and fanatics based on an individual act of political activism against a particular corporation.

>This has to be some of THE BEST visual kino I have seen in YEARS

oh shit, I was thinking of the Puppet Master but I was sure it was the laughingman. It's been a long time since I saw them.

it was pretty good. the movie got trashed by butthurt weebs and jewish cultural marxist reviewers inventing controversy because a (((white))) person played the major and used that as an excuse to give it low scores.

this movie deserved to be fresh. 46% is a joke. KONG SKULL ISLAND somehow has 76% and is certified fresh. ghost in the shell is miles better than it and most of these super hero movies that keep scoring 70+.

fuck the jews reviewing movies. RLM didnt even review it either. i think they would have liked it.

Puppet Master was in fact an IA developed for international spionage, yes. The corpse in a sexbot must be from another thing entirely lol (the nearest thing is the man inside the mind labyrinth of Innocence, the millionaire or the clonation from a revolutionary in SAC).

Hahaha.

It's fucking trash. All these apologists ITT are delusional.
>t. old anime and kino connoisseur

But man, the jews are after the adaptations of shit I haven't seen!

It's like the oldboy remake
some stuff is done a lot better, but its clear lots of other shit got cut for the sake of an under 2 hour runtime

Preach it. I went to watch this movie with bad expectations because of all the shit people gave to it and I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. I also enjoyed the movie very much and feel sorry for all the bullshit and lackluster box office it got.

>Not realizing this was a shit posting bait topic from the first use of the kino meme.
KEK

You got baited faggot.

everyone's seen the 1995 movie and SAC you retarded weeb it's one of the most normie animes ever

Yeah, from what I see in the thread, a normie anime is beyond Sup Forums lol

Quote the profound deep lines on existentialism from the 1995 movie.

When you act on set generally you want to keep the same frame of mind and be in the moment. She looks concentrated and focused on the scene she's about to do, not drunk

She looks like she's had a few drinks.

Kong was awful I really don't know what people loved so much. Some of Samuel L's worse acting.

Sup Forums memes are reddit-tier and you're likely the biggest faggot on this site for unironically wanting more of that shit.

The source material is the comics. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is that. The anime movie is its own classic. I don't know what this was supposed to be. It didn't meet my expectations with the previous movies or anime tv shows. You can't mish mash everything from 20 years ago. It starts to lose everything and they didn't add much that was new. This was watered down.

Stand Alone Complex doesn't follow the comics much at all. The thing is, up until Arise, GitS was the shit because you had three completely different interpretations of the same characters and "universe", so to speak, by three very talented narrators with drastically different viewpoints: its heterogeneity was its strength. It seems that the people behind Arise assumed that copying the tone or how the plots were structured in SAC was the modus operandi of the directors, without any of the talent of Kenji Kamiyama, which led to the absolute mediocrity that it was ("weebs" complaining about new GitS isn't new at all). The new film just took it to a whole new level of rancidness, just cherrypicking the "cooler", most memorable scenes from 1995 and fucking up the cohesion all together. The criticism is not because it's new, or because it's american, it's because it's very fucking lazy.