Charlize Theron Says Script For ‘Mad Max’ Prequel ‘Furiosa’ Ready To Go

YAAAS QUEEN SLAY!

>The plans for the return of “Mad Max” to the big screen were always ambitious. In its earliest stages, there was talk that “Mad Max: Fury Road” would shoot back-to-back with “Mad Max: Furiosa,” a companion film that would be part of a trilogy. George Miller has always said that writing went so well on ‘Fury Road,’ he wound up with three scripts, with one focusing solely on the backstory of Charlize Theron‘s Furiosa. Initially, Miller had planned to make ‘Furiosa’ as an anime companion film to ‘Fury Road,’ but things never came together. However, if and when Miller is ready to return to the world of ‘Mad Max,’ Theron is ready.

theplaylist.net/charlize-theron-says-script-mad-max-prequel-furiosa-ready-go-20170711/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1uDc_qa-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm fine and ready for anything Miller makes.

The man can do no wrong.

Thunderdome was good and fine

Stop shitting your diaper, she was good character.

As long as there's a Max movie out before that, I'm fine with her having more story.

Why Max be in it?

I don't mind this existing, but it shouldn't be called Mad Max.

I thought Sup Forums liked Furious Road?

>Charlize Theron Says Script For ‘Mad Max’ Prequel ‘Furiosa’ Ready To Go

It'll probably be called "Furiosa", maybe Furious Furiosa

i don't really need a Furisoa prequel. I like Charlize and George Miller
just don't feel the need for a movie about the character.

>Prequel

And there they fucking go...

Most here do.

The only ones who bitch about it didn't actually see the movie.

You're pathetic

Same, I thought Fury Road was a fucking spectacle and that Theron was great as Furiosa, but, her story was told. She doesn't need a fucking back story, it utterly redundant. Just get the fuck on with the next MM film Miller you old fuck.

This is about as unnecessary as the Han Solo movie. They're great characters but no one gives a fuck about their bacakstories, especially not as a standalone film. We would be robbed of more Tom Hardy Mad Max kino because of this.

But anyway, this is a clickbait article, Theron just states she would love to play the character again, and there were scripts for Max and Furiosa's backstory. Nothing has gone ahead in terms of development

>Furiosa’ as an anime companion film to ‘Fury Road

Why can't we have this now instead? Assuming it would be a Production I.G. effort similar to "The Origin of O-ren Ishii" in Kill Bill vol 1.

More Immortan Joe?

another strong female movie

so progressive

I'd be fine with the return of the character but
>Prequel
Who gives a fuck? We already know enough about who she is.
I fucking hate prequels.

Miller can't let Scott and Lucas outdo him.

I loved Fury Road, but....
...what about Mad Max? you know, the supposedly protagonist of the series

>prequel

Has this ever worked?

grrr women in movies make me mad

based Lucas wants a word with yo

Virgin! Problematic! THE FUTURE IS FEMALE!

JUST

i think this will be pretty rad, i dont necessarily care that its going to be focused on Furiosa but i love the whole wasteland aesthetic so i'll probably watch it for the characters and set design

Charlize is hot, i'd love to take her out and propose to be her pusy slave

>The Max and the Furiosa
>2 Fast 2 Furiosa
>Furiosa 3: Tokyo Dirt
>Max and Furiosa
>Furiosa Five
>Fate of the Furiosa

>she was good character

She wasn't even a character, and it was fine that way.

Fury Road was a test vehicle for Furiosa. Max was reduced to a grunt for her sake.

I didn't like Fury Road. Mad Max 1 and 2 were much better. I think I'll skip this next one.

mad max 1 was one of the worst movies i've seen after a rewatch 1-2 years ago

aged like cum

2 is still good though

She is great in Fury Road but I would rather see another movie with Max being a drifter ending up into a new settlement of people with new memorable characters.

Terrible tastes D E S U

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1uDc_qa-4

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAD MAX: THE WASTELAND YOU MOTHERFUCKER WARNER BROTHERS RETARD FUCKOLDS

THE SUCCESS OF WONDER WOMAN DID THIS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Not The Mad and the Furious and 2 Mad 2 Furious
You had one job

Why a prequel? Wouldn't a sequel in this case be more interesting? I feel like I know everything I need to already about her.

As if Furiosa movie can't be as good as a Max sequel.

>make a Fury Road prequel
>pick the single worst character in the movie to base it on
Why?

The actual surprise here is that George "I have to write entire origin stories for a character that is on screen for 2 seconds" Miller only wound up with three scripts of material.

>another strong female movie
>so progressive

Except it can't be if it's a prequel.
To the point of making one makes no sense. The last film she establishes that she and a bunch of her people get kidnapped by Joe's gang when she was young.

So it can only be a story about a happy young girl that ends with her being torn out of the "green place" to be forced to work in a wasteland for a male, rapey, murderous, cult warlord.

I honestly think they're mental if they're actually go through with a prequel.

>prequel

If there must be a solo movie, just make it a sequel. Show that the utopia they hoped for doesn't materialize and she is blamed for it. She has to struggle with her failures as she comes across new challenges in the wasteland. Maybe fights for a chance to redeem herself.

"Mad Max: Furiosa is a feminist masterpiece"

>anime companion film

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Yeah nah, we just want more Max.

This won't.

But why? I literally cannot remember a single plot point from Fury Road, and I don't remember a single thing about this character besides people on the internet complaining about the inclusion of the character.

like Animatrix? it been done before. Remember Miller has already directed 2 animated films and wanted to make Fury Road animated at some point

George Miller spent like 2 decades literally writing a Mad Max silmarillion.

There's like literally an entire novels worth of backstory about the bullet farm and how it works.

Any user shocked that he has a full script for a standalone Furiosa movie is a fucking idiot.

No, actually, you're the idiot.
Nobody cares what sort of intricate backstories these characters have, because Miller's films tell that backstory so poorly it doesn't matter.

I'd rather have a prequel about immortan Joe rising to power

>age 72
hurry up you cunt!

It doesn't matter how little you care about the backstory, if you knew anything about the movies production or George Miller you would realize this thread is complete non-news.

Pretty sure he has a 'script' ready for the fucking Coma-Doof warrior. Doesn't mean it's going to be made.

Reddit likes it, we hate it now

Should have been about the Rise of Immortan Joe.

is it mad max if mad max isn't in it?

>implying that would be allowed

I'm convinced that people like you are retarded.

>hurt durr I can't remember plot derp

What a waste. Mad Max movies should be standalone, separate adventures.

Nah that user is right. You're the dumbass

Been done in the comics
A new mad max shouldn't have anything to do with fury road anyway

You're right user, the plot to Fury Road was riveting. How could anyone forget it?

you must not have watched Beyond Thunderdome or Road Warrior if you think Mad Max is focused on Max

>sabotage George Miller's Wonder Kino
>sabotage Mad Max with a new Wonder Woman

a Mad Max movie with no Max?

don't know how to feel.

Just nu-males like it

>Road Warrior
It was focused on Max

No, he was just a guy that got caught up in someone else's story just like in Fury Road

Mad Max is focused on Max bumbling into other people but the actual stories aren't focused on him. You can't have a Mad Max movie without him though.

I think they drove to rescue some grannies or something.

I agree there, but complaining about Fury Road having other characters is what I have a problem with

>he's a plotfag

He had more of a presence in the original films. Fury Road reduced him to a glorified side character.

this piece of trash?
>lol no.

Not like they could ever top pic related

Umm Fury Road sweetie

>Nostalgiafagging for a 2 year-old movie

>sweetieposting making a comeback

Umm no sweetie

well it cost about 50 dollarydoos, still managed to have an engaging imaginitive story and characters and started miller's and mel gibsons careers so wtf have you done lately

*derogatory remark about your apparent age*

Yeah its aged terribly

do people really read garbage like this?

you just did :^)

nope

rekt

>being this triggered that people don't like Miller's shitty comics

JUST GIVE ME MORE WAR BOYS

WITNESS THESE DUBS

>Making a Furiosa prequel instead of bringing back Mel for a grand finale

Fucking why

Mel is triggering to Miller's delicate sensibilities

literally one of the most uncastable actors

why even hire that whiny catholic faggot

>prequel

All prequels should be thrown in the trash, for all movies, ever.

Fuck that shit, Hollywood feminizing everything, and Charlize Theron sucks with her bland face. I won't watch.

women rule :o)