Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aew9e6KjbvA
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BLUE ARMS

>blue arms

The cartoon is probably the best thing to come out of the Sonic franchise...

but, that is an extremely low bar to begin with, and Boom only barely cleared it.

Season 2 when?

Will it keep going on now that the Boom games are dead?

Zooey a cute!

Has best girl and best portayal of Knuckles

Have you heard of what Chris did lately?

They approved a second season but they have not said when it wll air.

Oh yeah isn't he going to die or some shit because his taint piercing tore open?

>best girl
Excellent taste friendo

It's watchably mediocre. Eggman and Knuckles do legitimately make me laugh, though. I'll tune in for season 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aew9e6KjbvA

CWC's fancy new vagina?

The shoestring budget holds its potential back.

Its kind of boring, but worth watching for Knuckles and Eggman.

Sticks used to be good too, but now she's just kind of "there".

Is this the same one he got originally just retinfetcted or did he get a new one that (unsuprisingly) got infected

same one

It's Teen Titans Go! but with Sonic characters

PINGAS cartoon was much better.

Sonic Boom works on a strange level, where they never establish the status quo for their versions of characters on screen, but START the series from breaking said status quo. Unless the viewer has prior knowledge/opinion on Sonic and Robotnik and how they are supposed to act together, pairing them as comedy duo frenemies doesn't work.

see now i have to watch it, thanks asshole

The writing is actually good though, and it's not filled with shit-tier songs hateable characters.

Well on the bright side, for season 2's budget they were promised 2 shoestrings.

The cartoon and the comic about it are surprisingly good

That Season 2 preview looked perfectly in line with the first season. No budget, constant dry humor. It feels good to have it back.

I've only seen a few episodes of Teen Titans Go (I absolutely despise it) but the impression I've gotten from it is that all the characters are assholes to each other. Sonic Boom gives you the opposite vibe as we even see Sonic and Eggman bro-ing it up on occasion.

The one thing I like the least about Sonic Boom, and this is most likely an issue caused by its budget, is that there's no sense of adventure in this series like there is in the games and the other tv shows. Every episode takes place in that one village and that gets boring after a while. Even AOSTH, which is also a comedy series, at least has a different setting every episode. I think making Boom a CG animated series was a mistake.

Comics were great. Cartoon was good. Games were shit.

>the ending of the Shadow episode has Cubot and Orbot musing on how many adventures they can possibly have with the same 8 characters and 4 locations
>Cubot asks if they'll even get a season 2 and if they'll have to run an online petition

Only the Wii U game is trash. Both 3DS games are alright. Not very good, but alright at the most.

It's hilarious how Sonic Boom actually ended pretty great on everything except the games. Whoever was in charge of the writing really knew their stuff.

Dry humor and sonic mix well. Much better than the lolsorandom shit from adventures.

pretty good sonics arms really should not have been changed and the non sonic characters job a little to much but those are really the only major flaws

It's TTGO done right.

I keep reading the title in Guile's voice.

Pros
>Pretty funny
>Eggman is very funny
>Badger qt

Cons
BLUE ARMED BANDIT

2/10 has some good stuff but overall irredeemable

>"It wasn't me, it was the one-armed Hedgehog"
Damn, that's a weird reference to make in a kid's show

I keep waiting for it to go away and we can all pretend it was a bad nightmare.

No luck yet.

Suck a dick, Boco

Is there any particular aspect of it that put you off, or a more generalized dislike?

Knuckles. They completely ruined him.

And I've tried watching it. Its just not that funny.

>not the comics post-Ian Flynn

But Knuckles is the best part of Boom.

He can be the best character in CG history.

He's still not Knuckles.

>He's still not Knuckles.
This is true.

He's much better.

I might be stretching things but is that Super Best Friend's reference?

>Super Best Friend's
Perhaps it was Knuckles's mistake for expecting Sup Forums to be Sup Forums.

More enjoyable than I thought it would
I simultaneously respect and wish they reconsider on 'no more additional mainline sonic characters outside the core cast (and shadow)", because I enjoy their interpretations and would've liked them try out on others

>bawww my conflicted guardian who was never really in the gaammmeeesss.

I think they shit on Knuckles a little hard but come on, the Penders version's just DULL. Letting him be a little dim and a little silly is great.

what episode was that from?

"Where is Season Three?"
"Where is Boom Shadow?"
"Why is the Sonic Twitter so based?"
"Will Eggman and Knuckles get more screen time?"
Those are the thoughts in my head at the exact moment I saw your OP.

My Fair Sticksy

5th episode of Season 1

It gives it a low budget, almost surreal charm in places.
A lot of the scenes lack music entirely and the silence is so awkward, it seems like a show a Sonic autist would make in Gmod or something. And I love it.

the cartoon was WAY better than i thought it'd be. I gave it a shot one night and lost my shit

Good times.

It needs a budget as big as the games

youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

>A lot of the scenes lack music entirely and the silence is so awkward
Here's the thing, this actually gives the dialogue a lot of room to breathe and I like it.

If there's one thing about animated shows made in the last couple of years I don't like it's the busy cluttered sound design.

It's Seinfield with Sonic

Pretty solid. Isn't filled with cringe worthy moments and hit or miss humor like TTGO. Has clever writing a lot of the time, and the village setting gives off a pretty comfy vibe. The budget doesn't bother me because the writing is entertaining enough that they don't need to rely on any heavy adventure or action elements.

>It needs a budget as big as the games
It already does.

Knuckles being mentally retarded is the only thing I can't stand about this show.

At least it's funny, and I think he always was a simpleton

Nah, the characters aren't obnoxious and the humor is actually funny

Dude, c'mon....

I mean, Boom Knuckles is basically Woolie when you think about it...

Meh, I feel like it has it has it's place. Lack of music works here because the show focuses on banter. But for shows like Star vs it actually hurts the show because the dialogue is pretty mediocre most of the time and there's nothing else to distract from it.

Bumping.

I expected it to be abject shite but after watching a few episodes I really enjoyed it, the jokes are really on point and Knuckles and Eggman are the most entertaining they've ever been.

Agreed

Am I the only one who likes Boom Amy? She's cute as fuck in this show.

I actually prefer her MORE than the actual Amy.

I think she has more of a personality here.

No, I wasn't expecting much from her when I first watched the show, but she ended up being a surprisingly solid character.

He was always more naïve, whose life on a floating island alone in the middle of nowhere meant he took the word of outsiders at face value. Hell, when he fought Sonic in SA1 it was because Eggman decided not to preface "emeralds" with "Chaos" when talking to him. He's also hotheaded, which lets his emotions fill in for logic almost all of the time.

He's great at hunting Emerald pieces and defending the island, but not so great at social skills and anger management.

Boom Shadow showing up in the last episode of season 1 was kind of surprising.

Is Boom Shadow as big of and edgelord as Shadow in the games?

Best design for Amy.

Debatable.

Honestly though, it's probably good they didnt really try to make him Knuckles. No version of Knuckles could ever live up to TGT.

If only they used that personality earlier. So she would at least have one, instead of just being defined by her addiction to sonic.

Knuckles is the best

im reading that now
the fuck happened to the lettering on page 4

SHADOW WAS RIGHT

at the very least this guy seems to have some understanding of narrative structure

Never thought I'd enjoy seeing a more sociable and fun-loving Knuckles this much.

She's still in love with Sonic in Boom, she just keeps it to herself.

bump

So aside from the confirmed Asteroid episode, What would you like to see in Season 2?

Eggman giving up, causing Sonic & Friends to realize just how boring it is without him around. They try find something else to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=tQMEAh5rhsc

I at least want to see one hundred replies in this thread.

I want to have passionate, unbridled hatesex with Boom Amy. The kind we both immediately regret and agree never to speak about again, but still think about on lonely nights.

Didn't an episode like that already happen?

Shit game amazing cartoon.
Anything else?

Kind of? He's seems pretty edgy, but it's clear that they're playing it up as a joke. He's more like Vegeta now if anything.

>Has to lay on his knees to kiss her
Man sonic is pretty tall

Did it? I don't remember. I just remember I always like the dumb things they are doing at the start of an episode and would like one to be just that for 10 minutes.

I believe the episode was called "Aim Low"

Sometime this fall.