I watched Recess for the first time in a decade last night and I can't believe how well it has aged

I watched Recess for the first time in a decade last night and I can't believe how well it has aged.

I was able to enjoy this show without just relying on nostalgia. It's just really fucking good and one of the comfiest cartoons ever made.

>RECESS GENERAL

Yeah, it was a good show. One of the highlights of my childhood viewing experiences.

I still remember that episode where T.J was stuck in that square timeout area. Or that time everyone got sick but them and they slowly went insane and tried to fake an illness.

The Box is definitely one of the most memorable eps. It was actually pretty creepy.

When I was a child, it seemed weird to me that the popular kids on this show wanted to hang out with the nerdy kids or the social outcasts. I guess that's more likely to happen at smaller schools than larger ones.

My school never really had cliques, if you weren't an asshole and could have a decent conversation with people and be nice, then you could be friends with anyone.

Ashley A was awesome

Ashley T was quiet

>"I'll let you in on a little secret, Detweiller. Every adult you've ever known was a kid at sometime in his life. You think we don't remember summer vacation? Riding our bikes down the creek. Catching polliwogs in a jar. Camping out under the stars. Well you're wrong! Sometimes I sit there in my office, looking out at you kids in the playground and I think, "They don't know how good they got it. In a few years, they'll be grownups like me and all those good times will be memories for them, too". So go ahead. Put a whoopie-cushion in my chair. Put fake vomit on my carpet. Make fun of my "big, saggy butt". But don't ever say I don't care about summer vacation, 'cause those memories are the last part of childhood I got left."

Finster fucking shits

>the episode where the class hamster dies and Spinelli jumps into its grave because she can't let it go

I was twelve when I first saw this. Became depressed about having to grow up. Wish I didn't worry too much, it wasn't until ten years or so that I'd actually have to move out and shit. Any teenfags on here, enjoy your time as a teenager and enjoy school. It's not that bad unless you're poor.

Nah, it's actually more common than you think. The general rule is that people will befriend you regardless of where you are on the totem pole as long as you aren't some asshole.

Regardless of who you are or what activity you do, you can't be popular if you're a piece of shit unless the people around you are just that bad

One of the things I always loved about Recess and still do upon revisiting the movie about a year ago is that the teachers aren't actually bad people, even Finster is harsh but generally fair, that episode where she's hanging out with Spinelli is great and the feels are real. The movie itself showing them in their younger days is really well done too.

This was one of my favourite shows as a kid and I really need to rewatch it again properly.

this, my friends in school were a mish mash of every group and unless you're an autist who chooses to confine themselves to the freaks, you're fine.

Was Mikey gay?

Me too, I still have a light case of paranoia because of middle school but these kid just spoke to each other like real people and got along and shit. Lower school me could not comprehend that.

Nah, man - he was hot for (sub) teacher

WHOMPIN BOBULA

tenderrrrrr

>Lawson's gang renaming Fort Tender to Fort Fort

Funniest joke in cartoon history.

Our team name is the uhh LOSERS