Everyone who has given The Man from UNCLE a chance has ended up loving it

Everyone who has given The Man from UNCLE a chance has ended up loving it.

Cult classic alert?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rUrbIU85I8E
cbr.com/man-from-uncle-sequel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I't s a shitty film with shitty jokes for millenials who don't know anything about communism.

?

Yes it is. But we had this exact thread last night.

saw this without knowing anything about it, was pleasantly surprised, sequel when?

I rooted the whole movie for the russian guy.

>everyone

LITERALLY haha

They started working on a script this year, so maybe not for a few years but I bet it will happen.

>rooting for the protagonist
Good job.
(That said, he was a very likable character.)

>t. communist

Isn't it ironic that Trump supporters praise Russia but then turn around and spurn communism, when Russia is one of the leading proponents of communism?

>Russia
>still communist
lol moron

I gotta know, how fucking often do you browse this board that you recognize threads from a whole day ago? Don't you have anything better to do?

It's a damn underrated masterpiece.

Funny seeing as that year was like the revival of the Spy movie.

>Spy
Parodied
>Kingsman
Tribute
>UNCLE
Played straight

And of course Spectre happened but no one fucking cares about Spectre.

As a trump supporter, I don't care for Russia at all, or any other country for that matter. Seems like you guys are the only ones obsessed with Russia.

right now I'm in between work. I do construction, so it's an issue of my boss not having a place for me at a job site yet. So right now no I don't have anything better to do.

American and Russian spy together and the best they can come up with are equipment jokes and that a Russian architect built a set of stairs in Italy?

I'm from a post-comm country, so what

At the time there was no real reason to hate Russia so they kept it lighthearted.

Cavill couldn't act for shit in the movie and most of the action scenes were filmed from weird angles, especially at the end where the Russian guy crashed on his motorcycle. I couldn't tell who was doing what half the time.

Vikander is cute shame about her body tho

That's just Guy Ritchie's style. It's difficult for amateurs.

>kept it lighthearted

They kept it boring and banterless. As said, Cavill can't act. Then there is the choice of villains. Nazies? That might've worked in the 60s but they've been done to death today.

THE MOVIE WAS LITERALLY SET IN THE SIXTIES YOU DIPSHIT, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT?

fuck yes this movie is so much fun

really haven't met one trump support who loves or even praises Russian, are your sure your not talking about Bernie supporters?

disagree, Cavill was charming as fuck

>And of course Spectre happened but no one fucking cares about Spectre.
had the same premise as the last mission impossible film

>from the director of SHERLOCK HOLMES and SNATCH

Thanks for the warning.

once i watch this i wondered why no one has asked why he isnt up for bond other than the fact hes american

...He's actually not American, dude. Look it up.

honestly i liked it a lot. I feel like the music is overlooked by most people but i think it really bumped the movie from meh to good. link related just a sample from the chase scene
youtube.com/watch?v=rUrbIU85I8E

it was just okay, but decently funny

Interesting tidbit about the movie: Ennio Morricone composed a track for it. So imagine my surprise when it turned out to be one of the shittiest songs on the soundtrack and not any of the awesome spaghetti western ones like the one you linked.

Ennio Morricone has written a lot of music. The dude lost count and it's estimated at over 500 scores.

Some of them, even ones as recent as 2000 are super shit. Not a whole lot but it's definitely a mixed bag with Morricone.

Sauce? I thought this bombed and sequel never.

It was much better than the last James Bond movie

oh ok though he was my bad
the he should play James bond
he did play a american and a kyptonian

It's one of those movies where the sequel has potential to be a blockbuster and then everyone will pretend they liked it from the first one out.

It did but Wigram is really well-liked in Hollywood so he could say "fuck it" and do it anyway.

cbr.com/man-from-uncle-sequel/

Has this ever actually happened? What movie failed but was greenlit for a sequel anyway and achieved success?

Thanks.
I hope it really happens.

Henry is my husbando

Are Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer the two sexiest men in Hollywood?

now you see me? i thought that bombed it was terrible and they did a terrible sequal!

hated it because it was nothing like teh original series

Caught an episode of the original series on TV the other day and it was SO. BORING.

>WAAAAAH THE MOVIE WASN'T A DOCUMENTARY ON THE HORROR OF COMMUNISM!!!!!!
these people are mentally ill

Am I the only one who thinks UNCLE is a terrible fucking acronym?

waifu

How's that for entertainment?

It was meant to be able to refer to both "Uncle Sam" and "United Nations." It's a backronym so they didn't decide what it stood for until later.