Absolute State of Star Wars

> The Force Awakens was a mediocre film that had the advantage of being the first SW in a decade and a return to the OT aesthetics
> Rogue One underwent an extensive reshoot (allegedly 40%) and the directed was quietly replaced
> Directors fired from Han Solo flick and it too will now have to undergo extensive reshoots. Acting coach was hired for lead actor.
What is Kennedy and Disney doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

and yet Rogue One turns out to be the best Star Wars movie ever made.

Star Wars hasn't been good since the novelization was released in 76.

The first half was incredibly boring and I almost left the theater because of it. The second half was a little bit tolerable. I honestly think it's the worst star wars movie ever made.

I make fun of my friends when they bring up Star Wars. There hasn't been a good one since the first half of Return of the Jedi in 1983. Absolute pleb tier garbage

The first half had me cumming from the nostalgia awe, and the second half felt like a huge dick stimulating my prostate.

I came when Vader did.

>first half of Return of the Jedi in 1983
Not the throne room scene?

>try to make the movie stand out
>Disney execs show up
>"uuuhhhhh have you ever heard of superhero movies???"
>proceed to make it generic garbage that plays it safe as fuck on all fronts
>highest grossing film to date
really makes me think....

>crashing this Executor-class star dreadnought
>with no survivors

Instagrambabby makes a post.

I just hope we get to see some hardcore BBC action. Rey needs a good BLACKing

>highest grossing film to date
Cameron says hi

A high midichlorian count for you

Don't forget
>Episode IX from the acclaimed director of Book Of Henry

CAN'T RIM RAM THE JIM CAM BABY!

Was getting caught part of your plan?

ANH: 8.5/10
ESB: 9/10
RotJ: 6/10
PhM: 3/10
AotC: 1/10
RotS: 2/10
FAw: 5/10
Rg1: 6/10

It's not a new hope, it's just Star Wars

ANH: 8/10
ESB: 9/10
RotJ: 5/10
TPM: 6/10
AotC: 1/10 (and not because of muh dialogue, this film is fucking boring)
RotS: 6.5/10
TFA: 6/10
Rg1: 4/10

You know you're the 5% that keeps bitching about this stuff. How tired must you get? for the purpose of abbreviation and uniformity with other titles it's just tradition to call it ANH, like ESB or RotJ.

Disney needs a return on their product so they are aiming for the lowest common denominator

You sound like my Mom who knows nothing about Star Wars other then the 20 times she claims to have seen the first movie back in the 70's

The absolute state of Sup Forums ladies and gentlemen

> ladies
> Sup Forums
yeah right

>reusing hackneyed statement without any actual argument.
Can you rephrase that?
I'm probably a fucking idiot but I don't see the problem with calling a film by an abbreviation of the title.

What did he mean by this?

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse opinion than this

> TFA is the best SW movie/better than AHN or ESB
done

Calling the original film Star Wars simultaneously does two things:
1. It acknowledges that Lucas fucking with his original work is okay, which it absolutely is not if you at all value cultural heritage and the preservation of art.
2. It cheapens and diminishes the monumental impact that Star Wars had on the American film landscape.
It would be like if Spielberg decided to rename Jaws to "Jaws: Attack of the Shark" and eventually over time people just accepted that and started referring to it as AOTS in online discussions

*Calling the original Star Wars "A New Hope"

ANH 9/10
ESB 10/10
ROTJ 7.5/10
TPM 5/10
AOTC 4/10
ROTS 5.5/10
TFA 7/10
R1 3/10

Hating Rogue One is a meme. It's not the best thing ever, but it's perfectly average

>TFA 7/10
Why?
It's difficult to think of things that the film didn't fuck up.

> they've done nothing with this property yet
sad

TFA was amazing because Mika and Jay said so.

jay said that daisey ridley is a great actress and charismatic as hell

>rogue 1 was originally too dark for disney

shame we will never see the original, if it had more moments like the rebels chimping out it might have been good

ANH 8/10
ESB 8.5/10
ROTJ 7.9/10
TPM 6.2/10
AOTC 6.4/10
ROTS 7.7/10
TFA 5.5/10

>AotC: 1/10 (and not because of muh dialogue, this film is fucking boring)

yes, even when i was a retarded kid and loved all of the movies i still couldn't stand to sit through it

ANH: 8/10
ESB: 9.5/10
ROTJ: 8/10
TPM: 5/10
AOTC: 3.5/10
ROTS: 7/10
TFA: 6/10
RO: 7/10

This desu senpai

>The Force Awakens was a mediocre film that had the advantage of being the first SW in a decade and a return to the OT aesthetics
Now it was a complete rip-off.

>Rogue One underwent an extensive reshoot (allegedly 40%) and the directed was quietly replaced
This is normal for movies are you retarded? God this board is filled with idiots. Both movies not only are critically successful but made millions back. Contrarianism at its finest

>> Rogue One underwent an extensive reshoot (allegedly 40%) and the directed was quietly replaced
I didn't know about this. Who finished it? And do you have a citation?

>This is normal for movies
It's normal for almost half a movie to be reshot? No. No it isn't.

Just to clarify, I do know about the extensive reshoots, I just didn't know that Edwards was replaced.

He officially got credit for it. But initial rumors claimed Edwards was axed and the second half of the movie feels very un-Edwards-like. This was followed by his departure from Godzilla 2 (after Legendary already waited years for him) and him "taking a break from Hollywood."

Hmm. The hallway scene felt out of place (but I enjoyed it) but the two leads hugging on the beach before they died felt very much like the end of Monsters.
Thanks for the info though, I had no idea.

They literally do the same exact thing twice, break into a place to steal plans to where to break into a place to steal plans. WTF?

I'd rather they cut that hour of the movtie and kept the beach battle scene with the AT-whateverTs at the end.

>star wars

That looks painful.

We'll just hope that Episode 8 is good...

Right?

ANH 7/10
ESB 9/10
ROTJ 8/10
TPM 3/10
AOTC 4/10
ROTS 5/10
TFA 7/10
R1 5/10

I really hate that I'd probably watch TFA before ANH, but I've always found Star Wars boring as fuck. But if I'm gonna watch it, I'll watch the more fun remake; Force Awakens. I'd watch Empire 5 times in a row though.

>the new movies are made by people with zero interest in eastern mysticism

something dark side something the force something balance

> light side of the force
> helicopter lightsabers
> anakin's lightsaber is sentient
> force tree
there's the original content i guess

What the fuck is this shit from?

the new movies were a mistake. I'm sure the merch and toys are wirth reviving the franchise tho

you're delusional

Yeah what the fuck is his problem? She's fucking awful and everybody can tell but he's just pissing and moaning saying anybody that doesn't like her is a manbaby.

I didnt realize it had gotten that bad

my guess is star wars rebels

well at least the 13 year old jedi academy game is still fun to play

How much faith do you have in Rian Johnson?