/got/ general

>dabid lets leak a fake script and then hire people to take pictures as we shoot all of those fake scenes
>great idea which direwolf do we have to kill off to make room in the budget for it

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13414449
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

azor

>starts a war for no good reason
>splits up his armies leaving them vulnerable in a region that should presumably be reinforced from 2 adjacent sides
>not only splits them up, but leaves a giant river in between them
>entire strategy revolves around dude burn shit lmao
>assumes that lords won't follow their liege lords just because he's scary or awesome or something
>falls for a simple ploy by a 15 year old
>can't even win decisively against a force he outnumbers that is composed almost entirely of infantry
>gets his shit constantly BTFO by the Brotherhood because of his retarded dude burn shit lmao tactics
>defeated in battle by fucking Edmure (who had a numerically inferior force)
>only real victory is smashing some cunts against a castle wall with a vastly superior army that he only got because Littlefinger handed it to him
>tells Tyrion to execute Littlefinger/Varys in the capital if there's even a hint of them plotting against him then proceeds to practically ignore them and let them fuck him over when he becomes Hand
>only legacy is his children who are retarded inbred and inbreeding mistakes, also a collapsing house
>everyone acts like he was a genius mastermind
Is Tywin Lannister the most overrated character in the series?

>being this upset that you got rused

You left out the cuckening

Azor Jaime

Based Jon's biggest fans thread

Thank you, OP

>stannis is a meanie!
>he'd totally just burn his daughter alive, right? >yeah yeah that's it.
>lets get this meanie out of the story already.
>*high five*

They have such a deep literary understanding of this character.

literally half of these are straight up lies, or gross misinterpretations

The literary stannis was a cunt.
Should gave sided with robb and let him have the north and crushed the lannisters together.
Instead he let it all slip cause hes a cunt

On the plus side they're done ruining him.
Jaime still has 1 or 2 seasons of being ruiined.

I think, simply put, Robb was a better tactician than he was, though in the end he was a dumb kid who fucked himself and Tywin was there to make use of it

You forgot

>start the war with ZERO allies
>never actually get any, all allies acquired are through other people's actions
>start a war against three other houses and having no plan to prevent crown involvement

>Should gave sided with robb and let him have the north and crushed the lannisters together.

Or he could've sided with the Lannisters to crush the Stark together?
>b-but this false king is worse than that other false king!

Robb Stark took half of Westeros, Joffrey the other half.

>Tywin was there to make use of it
NOPE. Tywin did literally nothing to actually defeat Robb. Remember, the Red Wedding was conceived and planned by Roose and Walder. They just sent letters to Tywin asking if they'd support them afterwards and he said ok.

No I'm pretty sure Roose and Tywin had been corresponding for a while by the time of the Red Wedding

Why side with the family who cucked your brother? Yeah even better to show what a totally whiney cunt he is. Sulking in dragonstone like a bitch

literally no evidence of that, just speculation.
2 characters actually think it was Tywin, and this includes this own son (Blackfish/Jaime).

as the night's watch armorer says in a clash of kings, stannis was like a hard iron. unbending and brittle. That is the consistent foreshadowing of his character. He would be brought down by his inability to compromise for the kingdom. But what Dumb and Dumber did to his portrayal was unforgivable.

What's a good external hard drive to save shit onto when the show ends and I download all the episodes to avoid paying D&D?

are you ready for it?

Tywin himself says it was Roose who started sending him letters, and Roose was betraying Robb since book 1.

Yeah, what a bitch
Won't accept letting a 14-year-old take half of his kingdom

>Why side with the family who cucked your brother?
Why side with the family who reject your authority and claim half of the continent for themselves?

Stannis should've sided with them before the KITN thing, yes. But after that, it wasn't possible anymore, unless either side wanted to be treacherous about it (pretend to be in good terms, then tell the other side to fuck off once Lannisters are gone).

I think the idea is that it's meant to be a story about a man who becomes so desperate and tragically wrong about his destiny he ends up destroying himself and his house in the attempt. A progression from honesty and duty driven to utter decimation due to his surroundings.

I wouldn't have minded it if they'd actually taken time to emphasise the utter calamity and hopelessness of Stannis's cause. Like rather than cheap bullshit like "half our army ran off", "20 good men etc" and we actually saw the cannibalism and the malnourished army, and the audience understood had to deal with the moral dilemma that he had to deal with; burn my only daughter or everyone dies, it would have been far more effective imo.

Has anyone heard a fucking logical explantation for book Varys actions in asoiaf in regards to Dany? It makes little sense to me. Dany's heritage(lemon trees aside) is viewed as indisputable by the people of Westeros. Her marrying Aegon would eradicate any doubts about Aegon's legitimacy, which the Lannisters and Martells both have demonstrated skepticism over. Why not kill Viserys and marry Aegon to her. Its not like the Dany we first meet in Pentos would put up a fight, shes a puppy. I'm I really supposed to assume Varys was going to throw her away to some horse lord so Aegon could play the hero against a Dothraki invasion? its a waste, especially considering the war of 5 kings was plenty enough to cause disablizaiton and have the small folk start loking for an alternate path.
Why, also, would Varys give Dany the eggs? Three dragon eggs are a powerful callback Aegon the Conquerer, why not keep them for Aegon. Did Varys really think Dany could hatch the things, if so he seemed pretty unconcerned with killing her before they hatched.

>Tywin's master stroke is him completely destroying his family's name and credibility to defeat a 15 year boy he outnumber ten to one

Martin is a hack and Dany's storyline makes the least amount of sense because it's the mostly badly effected by the books being stretched out hence now shit in AGOT is inconsistent with the latest shit.

You didn't disprove what I said

Why would Littlefinger bring down the wall?

to be king of the ashes

>to defeat a 15 year boy he outnumber ten to one
jesus Starkfags are in full force tonight.

Before the Tyrell alliance Tywin is OUTNUMBERED.

Robb had almost 20k, lost maybe 5k, but won more than 20k when he freed the riverlands.

Tywin didn't have that much.
>outnumber 10 to 1
So did Tywin have 400k? Or did Robb have like 3k?

Worth noting that Tywin losing any troop was terrible, given that at this time he thought he might have to face a siege by Stannis or Renly on top of that.

>Battle of the Bastards was supposed to be a well coordinated affair with cavalry charges, lines of battle, feints and flank maneuvers
>oops we ran out of time, fuck it just have everyone charge in and cause a moshpit
Bravo Crocodile DunDee

>Some wars are won with swords and lances, others with quill and ink

So I guess some wars are won by waiting for other people to use quill and ink to win the war for you? That's what Tywin was saying?

Why didn't he say "Some wars are won by waiting at the rookery and pray that someone wrote you a letter to win the war for you"?

Chaosh. Don't you know doing things for no reason is the height of strategic-mastermindism?

Are you mentally deficient? You're talking about shit pre-Blackwater. What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

i feel bad for any sad sack of shit that learns politics from that guy

Yes, it was Roose's ink that won the war.

>completely destroying his family's name and credibility

Whether it's true or not, literally everyone says the RW is Frey's work. It doesn't do shit for the Lannister name.

How many people have said/done anything about the Lannister being so evil for orchestrating the RW, in the last 2 books? 0. No one cares.

IF someone was to do something, they'd do it against the Frey, believed responsible by everyone. Like the BWB might be planning.

Pretty sure the Blackfish might have mentioned it, but I get your point

Don't be bitter when you get Mind-Tricked.

>just to let you know, starting tomorrow I'm going to roleplay as a convincing dany/sansa fan and general girl power fan. thanks x

>Whether it's true or not, literally everyone says the RW is Frey's work.
Alright the shitposting has gotten out of hand, last post you get troll.

>"My lords may not know," said Qyburn, "but in the winesinks and pot shops of this city, there are those who suggest that the crown might have been somehow complicit in Lord Walder's crime."

It was unironically several hundred yards of flaming tent canvas that won the war.

No, it was Littlefinger arranging an alliance with the Tyrells that won the war. After that Robb was guaranteed to lose, the Red Wedding literally did not matter. I don't know why everyone focuses on it so much.

you're right, forgot about that. Still he didn't do much about it (not like he could).

That's another thing, none of the current (powerful) leaders have any shred of honor. The only ones who had some were Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. These 2 would have cared... But now?

The Tyrell are scheming assholes who'll do anything to rule, and are more than willing to kill the king they married into. The Vale... well, LF/Lysa, enough said. Dorne is either a mastermind scheming mass murderer, or a mentally challenged bore who doesn't do anything(depend if you believe theories or not). Stannis is kinda irrelevant at this point, but he wasn't that big about honor anwyay. Duty, Law, yes. Honor? Not so much. He did ponder burning his nephew alive because "the end justify the means".

99% of the people think the Frey are the biggest culprits, and even those who don't... Well, they probably don't care all that much because they've done equally bad things anyway.

Pretty sure the Northerners are very aware that the Boltons were behind the Red Wedding just as much as the Freys

"might have been complicit" is a hell of a long way from "orchestrated it".

And "drunk commoners" is a hell of a long way from "anyone who fucking matters".

Tyrion burned any house that was too close to the beach (to prevent Stannis from getting mats to use), Cersei threatened to break blacksmith's hand if they didn't work fast enough, Tyrion imposed a curfew and imposed death penalty to anyone caught in the street after the sunset...

What did these commoners do? Not a goddamn fucking thing. They threaten their LIFE and they don't lift a finger. What the hell do you think they'll do because "they might have been complicit in killing that lord I've never even seen in my entire life"? Nothing, that's what they'll do, that's what peasants always do when the lords do their shit. They whine&moan, but in the end they do whatever the high lords tell them to do.

where's my torrent niggers

/tpg/ and /who/ thinks they are better than us

strawpoll.me/13414449

Also fucks sloppy whore seconds his son has used many times ultimately which lead to his murder, even with his huge distaste and disgust of whores.

this is kind of a biased strawpoll, tho they might not get why...
99% of /got/ hate GoT, and probably 80% hate /got/ as well.

D&D have Horse face kill the ultimate mastermind villain who is ultimately responsible for every little conflict in the story except for the white walkers for mah Gurl power! Go Sansa and Arya! Slay qweens!

My Lords, let us not discuss this here.

Come, to my private chambers, we will discuss HBO's hit series, Game of Thrones, whilst I am bathed and leeched

where the leaks at

what about sam?

It should also have future bran puppeting current and past Bran

Sam is fat fuck George self-inserting into his own story. So he's the true puppeteer here!

you just[/spoiler know

up your mothers anus

How is Gendry gonna deal with the debt he's gonna inherit from Stannis lol

Bastards can't inherit gendryfag

Inb4 Jon, he was proclaimed king through D&D bullshit since they cut Robb's will

No shit which is why he's gonna need to be legitimised.

By literally whom. Sansa's acceptance of Jon could at least be argued as a form of legitimization by the Queen in the North, since as a bro, he'd be ahead of her in succession. Ain't nobody gonna legitimize Gendry. Roberts dead, Renly's dead, Cersei'd rather die, and Dany would, at the most, legitimize him in return for bending the knee and letting him only have a lordship over the storm lands. Jon has no authority to legitimize him, he makes no claims over the south.

>By literally whom
By Gilly, who will swear she read it 10k leagues from there. Everyone will be fine with it.

I mean no one questions Jon's resurrection, why would they question someone reading something in a bok?

>Dany would, at the most, legitimize him in return for bending the knee and letting him only have a lordship over the storm lands
You literally answered your own question.

the post
implied gentry would be king of Westeros, not a lord paramount

Nah the Baratheon claim to Royalty is finished.

>only a few more days til Jonkino

Lads

>work on the show
>get to watch spoilers all day long
Seen shit up to episode 8 so far, small spoiler for the first episode Sam and Jora meet up and Jora gets his skin peeled off.

Why was it just kinda looked over that Margaery Tyrell was a pedophile?

Thoughts on Cersei?

I don't understand how she can have power in this universe. She has no claim to the throne, murdered hundreds of innocent people and generally behaved like a crazy person. Isn't it likely that people would think that she went mad and killed Tommen herself?

It's just idiotic that she could hold power over anyone, even her own men, after she blew up her own uncle.

Tommen was poisoned by his enemies

>the red wedding did not matter
lmao yeah, dealing with insurgents fostered by a now eternally pissed off north totally doesn't matter

the red wedding was going to lead to the extermination of the lannisters whether they won the war or not, nobody liked them after that

B-but Your Grace his face was smashed in and his torso imploded.

the sept of baelor was poisoned by its enemies desu

kek

The Game of Thrones audience

nothing wrong with watching for best boy

To impress salsa and get a kiss.

feudal succession was poisoned by its enemies

elaborate

Leave Daenerys to me

kek
is this the new /got/ meme6

Unironically one of my favourite characters. The finale of last season was amazing.

the most competent ruler we've seen so far

Even though its ridiculous, the cut with Qyburn in front of her during the coronation then stepping out of frame and we see her with the crown on, violent a-blaring, is probably my favorite shot of the season.

desu this is true. The leaks confirm Euron defeats Theon and Yara and captures the Sand Snakes

Is she joining the nights watch here

I watched the endjng of season 5 last night and it made me quite mad how they handled his character. Rushed, sloppy and contrived.

>Jaime and Theon will kill Euron

No, no, no, I wanted to see Euron become undisputed ruler after all the other players are dead. I wanted to see his coronation scene with him in his Valyrian steel armor sitting on a throne made out of Dany's dragons with his subjects saying "what is dead may never die", and the Greyjoy Kraken on the windows of the Red Keep.

He'll be king by Season 7 but Theon will kill him.

he'll die season 8 you fuck knuckle

No u

Is that confirmed? I mean we know about the alliance with Cersei and how Euron will propose marriage, but I never saw if they actually went through with it and made it official, or just focused on the war with Dany.

Yes? Which is why I said he'll be King by Season 7.

NO U!