What went wrong?

What went wrong?

>be disney
>make the same film 3 gorillion times
>buy critics just to be sure

Nothing. It's the same as every one of their shitty films since Treasure Planet.

This was Pixar, not Disney.

Literally has Disney on the poster. Because it's a fucking subsidiary of the Mouse. So, still Disney, still shit.

>Literally has Disney on the poster
And?

And you're an illiterate cretin.

>the same as every one of their shitty films since Treasure Planet

What planet are you living on?

What planet are you living on that you think anything they did since that was any good?

she must have one massive bush.

>zootopia
>inside out
>not masterpieces
Kill yourself.

MASTERPIECES

I agree they sure are

Part of the reason is that they switched directors halfway through production due to creative differences.
The biggest problem was that the previews all suggested that it would have a focus on action and adventure, but then it ended up being a story about mother-daughter relationships. Very few people in the audience expected that going in, so they spent the whole movie waiting for the action to kick in just for a couple minutes at the end.
The movie itself was alright. Not great, but not bad, but the betrayed expectations made it seem worse.

This film was weird it was hyped up as being about grrrl power but then it wasent about that at all.
It was a better film for it but still.

the answer is pretty simple, Brave had some of the most executive meddling of any Disney or Pixar movie ever, which lead to it being a mess from a plot perspective

of those meddlings I'd say the worst was them reducing the role the 3 Suitors had, originally they were supposed to be main characters alongside Merida(the whole "Mom is a Bear" plot was a last minute thing shoved in, which is why a large chunk of the movie feels like a Brother Bear rehash), and she was going to choose one of them in the end to marry, the really big one with the accent I believe was supposed to be the one(a trace of which is left in the final movie during the archery contest, Merida has a blink and miss moment where she looks at him in a manner that shows attraction)

honestly probably the Pixar movie most in need of a sequel that hasn't gotten one yet

Directorial shift. Midway through the movie it becomes very, VERY predictable and boring.

Treasure Planet wasn't even that good. The large majority of Pixar films during the 2000s were great, and Disney hasn't made a bad movie since Lasseter took over Disney.

Why do highland Scottish clans speak in a Glasgow accent?

Why do they wear kilts and have facial warpaints, and why are they so accepting of magic?

I really like a lot about Brave. The characters, the setting, the music, the only thing I didn't really like was the story. It's one of the few Pixar movies I'd WANT a sequel to, one that can better do the GOOD elements justice.

Also more Maudie tits.

ME MUMS A BEER

There's an article titled "Just Another Princess Movie" by Lili Loofbourow that sums up my thoughts on the film pretty well.

not a damn thing, it was fun

Not a single positive male character, making one group of people look like shit does not make another group look good by comparison.

post thicc Merida

nothing? it made a profit

I think the change in directors midway through the making of it hurt the film a lot. The trailer promised an atmosphere and look into spiritual Celtic themes that never made it into the final product. If you read a lot of the director interviews and such, it's pretty clear the original idea was different than the movie we actually got. Plus once the mother turns into a bear the whole thing turns into a weird slapstick benny hill show.

ok

it was meh

rest will have to be Spoilered

last one I've got, good Merida art is oddly rare