What did kubrick actually mean by this movie?

what did kubrick actually mean by this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sUIcCyPOA30
youtube.com/watch?v=0WAjdhWOMGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jews

It was a straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle.

1. everything is about sex
2. elite have sex orgies (with children)
3. you cant become the elite even if you're rich

FIDELIO

Kubrick was a Jew though

exactly

youtu.be/sUIcCyPOA30

What do you think is the worst thing Kubrick saw in person?

how can I become elite

youtube.com/watch?v=0WAjdhWOMGI

the reason why NASA hired him

Be a jewish executive or high ranking government member.

This. It was a straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle.

This.

It was a straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle.

>be jewish
>still a poorfag

Fuck this gay earth

This.

It was a straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle tbqh.

Kubrick is a hack if I'm entirely honest

This. One of the straightest most forward adaptations of Traumnovelle I've seen.

Power. Cruise's character is rich but not rich enough to really exert any control over other people. I think that's why he's the main character, to really drive home the point that there's rich, and then there's perversely wealthy- a whole other world that you'll be forever unaware of or shut out of, no matter how hard you try. Eyes Wide Shut is really a statement on class and the inherent evils of inconsequence that results from this system imo. basically the movie is one big allegory for "absolute power corrupts absolutely".

EWS is unironically one of my favorite movies

a friend of mine told me that it was all about how the entire meaning of life basically boils down to having sex and that every single one of kubricks films deals with a different aspect of sex

But seriously I have a question. What is it about Kubrick that makes people spew all this bullshit anyway? You hardly ever hear people think up crazy shit for other directors

it's the fact that the moon landing was obviously faked and no one in government or media will admit it

literally because 2001 had a ton of subtle shit in it so they think his other films do too. its funny when they analyze clockwork orange or the shining his most straight forward movies get the most theories from plebs

Being Jewish without any of the supposed benefits is one of the hardest feels there is user.

14/88, gas the kikes, RaHoWa now

this. the moon landing being fake and the reason he was murdered, on top with how odd his films were (specially EWS and 2001, but the shining had it's unnerving and odd things too)

You don't even wanna know

Nice numericals.

I agree with your comment but you have to admit that the symbolic representation of the EU flag in the shinging (stars on a sweater)

what did he mean by this?

It's a fairly straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle.

I thought it was the sexual vulnerability of Cruise' s character as he realizes that he is sexually jealous of his wife's previous relationship and so he goes on a sort of odyseey of sexual depravity, but near misses on all of them, to come to terms with his sexual emotions.
Also his near misses are gradually ascending in the potential consequences, with the AIDS chick, the homosexual at the hotel and then the orgy.

I've read an entire essay on Full Metal Jacket, it was on some old geocities website dedicated to Kubrick. No joke it was like the size of an entire book, I skimmed it a bit and basically his whole thesis was that Full Metal Jacket was about growing up and losing your virginity, that's why they grab their dicks in the boot camp scene and that's why the sniper that gets killed at the end is female. It's mostly just nonsense but for some reason I still sort of enjoy reading things like that.

Probably the most influential of Shakespeare critics has a lengthy essay about how Hamlet invented the human.
You'd like it

Thanks, this actually looks pretty interesting

FMJ is also interesting to read as a (bear with me) feminist story - there are only two types of women in it, whores and killers (the sniper). Men without women become bloodthirsty animals

That was one of the films messages, especially representing sex as the only outright universality between all of the classes (poor girl being prostituted to the Asian businessmen, Cruise/Kidman's upper middle class sex life, and obviously the elite sex cult stuff), and further more as a representation of how money affects everything including our most basic social human element, sex. The poor girl experiences it as a whore, the middle class experience it normally, and the powerful and wealthy experience it to the point of bizarre occult distortion.

there is no elite you stupid nigger

and the underage chick

This. It was an absolutely straight, scene for scene, word for word, by the book adaptation of Traumnovelle.

you gotta know the password first of all

He was known for being obsessed with perfection and is widely considered one of the best and smartest directors ever, plus he's dead now, so most analysis and interpretations don't seem so hard to believe at least at first.

i wanna dress up like this fucker for halloween this year

HAHAHA STUPID WHITE BOIS WILL NEVER GET THEIR UPRISING

You cant, personally.

Your offspring can, provided you lay the groundwork for a company that reaches and maintains a position as an industry leader for several generations.

When it becomes clear that the estate you've built is there to stay, "they" will start to think of your family as a factor in political and/or economic matters, so naturally "they" will induct you to make sure you'll toe the line.

If all people get from eyes wide shut is that people like sex then they are actually film illiterate.
The reason come up with all these batshit theories about Kubrick that are only loosely based on the actual content of his films is because, and im sorry to use this buzzword, a really reddit thing to do.
By that i mean this need to concretley contextualize and define every little thing about a film, interpreting it not as a motion picture but rather in the same way one would analyze a still frame or painting. There are merits to analyzing films this way but ultimately it devalues every film to one concrete meaning and theme, and erroneously holds symbolism up as the one factor that maters in film making.
Unfortunately for Kubricks legacy his films are extremely accesible to that crowd so all the layers and hidden meanings behid what is at first blatant symbolism fades away from a crowd who is too intelectually stunted and so thuroughly trapped in the IMDB/Reddit film hugboxes that honest discussion of Kubrick is impossible.

This. The adaptation consisted entirely of text from the novella projected onto a screen for two hours.

memes aside it's actually very close to the source material

So its true. We're all being programmed by walt disney, wizard of oz, and stanley kubrick!

>What is it about Kubrick that makes people spew all this bullshit anyway?
Because he spewed about it himself and for people in the know the references he puts in his music coupled with his comments make it obvious that he was hinting at something.

>music
movies, obviously

It was a movie to out the elites, if you look into the movie enough you work out a lot of the art work, litreature, an music, in the film are from accused our well known sexual predators.

Quite. It was an overall straight and forward remediation of Traumnovelle.

Anyone got traumnovelle in english in epub or mobi? Can only find pdf and in german

Freemasons are bad and should be outlawed like in nazi germany

Movies

FITELLIO

nice observation

this fucking video man
i love the point in the podcast where alex is just like fuck it
WHY CONTAIN IT

the fact that smoked a blunt right before makes it all the more hilarious

Win the Super Bowl as a quarterback

>But seriously I have a question. What is it about Kubrick that makes people spew all this bullshit anyway? You hardly ever hear people think up crazy shit for other directors

Because he was autistically precise with everything, so when you try to analyze other directors work the reality behind why they made a wall red or whatever is actually going to be they didn't even think about it and that's just the location they rented because it was the cheapest, but with Kubrick he really did probably plan what color for the wallpaper to be in that scene.

Kino

I've heard that same thing before, but is it possible that its all apocryphal? The little details that are out of place in The Shining for example seem like the same kind of continuity errors that exist in many other films.

What did the girl whisper to Tom in this scene?

hard to believe it came out in 1999

Expectations of husbands and wives.

Also Dr. Bill was impotent and couldn't satisfy his wife

This film helped me realize Nicole Kidman is a terrible actress.

Who said Hitler was right and told Nicole Kidman that the world was run by pedophiles

FRODULIO!

No no, you know the blood elevator scene? That shot was re-shot over 70 times if i recall correctly. The interior of the Shining is deliberately designed to not make sense and to be disorienting, windows that doesn't exist in another shot and walls that dissapear and shit, it is obviously deliberate.

it's very different from traumnovelle, in germany we have to read this shit in school. the book is about the wife and husband fantasizing about sex like when she talks about the soldier while the movie is mostly about illuminati orgies

you literally read a cuckold novel in german schools? good lord

A lot of these Kubrick stories sound an awful lot like tall tales, I've seen Room 237 and been in threads similar to this one and the legend of keeps getting more and more mythical every time.

>takes a puff of a joint
>starts acting drunk

even though I was wrong about 70 takes (I even added a disclaimer) that anecdote does support Kubricks autism though, it literally says he worked a year on getting the shot right.

Room 237 is the tinfoil hat of film analysis. But the impossible geography of the overlook and kubrick filming the elevator scene a bunch of times are both on the record.

>they analyze clockwork orange
I don't get why everyone says Clockwork Orange is so simple. I mean, I think it's pretty upfront about it's themes and what it's trying to convey, but a lot of those aren't even talked about. I've never seen someone mention how it deals with the public perception of criminals, even those that have been rehabilitated.
It's not like that's subtle or anything, but it's an aspect that is largely ignored.

I can't remember the word she used, but she effectively said he should get his cape/outfit stuffed with ferret.
Whether that's the dress code for the orgy we don't know.

so he really died for a movie?

Source?

Fideolio.

He showed too much.

The moon landing was real. Photos might have been fake.

Evelyn and his wife Lynn are the brains, Jacob just looks creepy.

The fuck makes you say that? That just sounds outright awkward.

That we dramatize historical events for the camera. The flag being raised on iwo jima comes to mind. They did raise the flag under combat, but the picture we all know was a recreation of the first flag raising, with a more impressive flag this time.
Not saying I agree with that user, but I think that's his argument.

Impotence is a recurring theme in Kubrick's work

cool
original research?

how come tom cruise fell for the bait? it was pretty obvious that there is no second password

I've seen and posted similar interpretations about FMJ on Sup Forums, that it's about boys' sexual awakening and the fear of emasculation
I mean it's not really a long shot considering that there's a scene where they refer to their cocks as their guns and then later on Joker's rifle jams at a critical moment, after which there's a voiceover about erect wet nipple dreams about fingerbanging while the Marines sing a children's song

so somewhere in some safe in some manison in hollywood there is a 2nd copy of this movie with all sorts of secrets?

/thread

If you have to ask you'll never get there.

Just watch the film, it's a pretty straightforward adaptation of Traumnovelle.

memes aside it's actually a very loose adaption

SS + GOMAD

Is this scene worthy of being the last ever shot that anyone will see from Kubrick?