The MCU is far and above the most successful film franchise of all time...

The MCU is far and above the most successful film franchise of all time. They have all the resources any studio could ever hope for. Should they want, they could have access to the very best artists in show business and it wouldn't be a drop in the proverbial bucket. Will anyone at this studio ever feel compelled to make something great? Something that is beyond just being adequate and lucrative? Doesn't Kevin Feige want to be behind something people will talk about after he's gone? He can do it if he wanted to.

It doesn't have to be a $250 million dollar goliath of a film. It doesn't have to aim to rake in a billion dollars worldwide. They're more than capable of it, why not make something that's truly spectacular and interesting? Why not take a tiny fraction of a chance on something that isn't another Iron Man clone?

Isn't that GOTG?

It's in all those "1001 Movies You Must Watch" type books and shit, so I assume it's made a cultural impact.

Fuck capeshit

This

>Will anyone at this studio ever feel compelled to make something great?
That's not the issue, the creators are all perfectly capable of producing quality films; The producers wanting LCD trash is the problem.

I imagine it would be hard to bring in Lars Von Trier or Paul Thomas Anderson to make an America Chavez or a Mockinbird SJW propaganda flick no matter how much they pay them

I think Kevin Feige needs to go.

There's been this kind of "stagnation" at Marvel Studios for years now.

>Oscar nominee appearances

Lmao.

Because these movies make shittons of money due to playing it safe. Even movies that are slightly different like Guardians got shoehorned into a Marvel structure.

>Iron Man
>5'9"

Literally Transformers with bought reviews

I think they mean when he's in the suit.

GoTG is the best you can get with the kind of resources they have access to, at leadt on the more comedic side of things. They should try their hand at other things, Black Panther is probably going to be really good

More like Iron Manlet amirite?

I'm not sure I understand this "Guardians is Kino" meme. I haven't seen the second one, but the first was the Marveliest Marvel movie I've seen. The soundtrack was neat, but it's the cringe humor, boring characters and artificial CGI environments environments that plague the other's cranked up to 11.

Kevin Feige gives no shits about your artists or creativity. He started the age of assembly-line capeshits and he will continue do it so long as idiots give him millions for it.

Yeah I don't know why Marvelfags are sucking Gunn's dick when GoTG is almost satire levels bad. It relies on the cheapest tools possible to elicit a response in its audience.

GotG and Winter Soldier are 8/10s
Avengers and Iron Man are 7/10s

The rest of the flicks are garbage.

Why should they do something risky and different when following the same formula they have been is making them millions every movie? They aren't in it for the art, they just want to make as much money as possible.

This, they are fine making shit movies. People love shit movies and they are very good at making them.

I find it weird that Cap and Bucky are supposed to be so young. They look and act like they're in their 30s minimum and I accept that, then I read this shit and it gets weird.

Nobody is in it for the art.

I wish they would atleast be cinematic like Bay films. Instead even the basics of blockbusters are lost on these TV show films.

Will any other Cinematic Universe ever be successful?

This. I'm not older than fucking Captain America. Fuck off.

As successful killing off cinema? Doubt it.

Why would this hypothetical great film need to be in the MCU in the first place, where it would only be constrained by the need to avoid continuity issues with all the other crap in it?

They had their chance to make something special with Doctor Strange and they decided to stick with their formula. I can't blame them because that's what people like but I kinda checked out. I didn't see GOTG2 or Homecoming. I'll probably see Infinity War but outside of that I'm done with paying for Marvel.

Keep in mind this was made for Thor 2 and the MCU movies in real time. That puts him at late 20's which makes sense but Chris Evans looks mid 30's (A good mid 30's) so it's weird as fuck.

>virgin movies

>implying the MCU isn't full of risks like making stars out of complete no-namers like the GOTG, complete joke characters like Ant-Man, making Winter Soldier a political thriller, making Homecoming a low-stakes highschool comedy movie, actually making huge team-up movies with dozens of established characters which no other studio has gotten around to even attempting yet never mind making work while every other superhero movie is a pathetic made by committee cobbled together hack job

everyone will say oh but its obvious those things would be big winners that's so easy to make mainstream, because Marvel has the talent to make them work to such an extent that they look obvious in retrospect, even though the same people were saying oh Homecoming will bomb and now forget they said that and are now going to be saying oh Black Panther will bomb it looks so goofy and then forget they said that when it makes shit loads of money from having the balls to be the first all-Black superhero movie which will then seen like a no brainer from how much money it makes

>making Winter Soldier a political thriller
Until it became full blown Marvel capeshit in the later half.

None of the other things you mentioned are impressive. They go with unknown actors because they are cheaper. This is also why they pursue TV directors. Cheaper and easy to manipulate. Even their script writers are made of a collective resulting in schizophrenic stories with no consistent atmosphere.

It's honestly as risk-less and easy as filmmaking can get, an assembly-line perfected by Disney. It's McDonald's films.

>They have all the resources any studio could ever hope for
And can't buy the Fantastic Four and the Xmen

>VIRGIN MOVIES

this

the ''directors'' of these films arent even directors. theyre more like managers that keep everything running on schedule while obeying executive orders to the letter

That like laughing at someone for not wanting to buy a giant wet bag of horse shit and aids needles.
FF is dead, and Xmen is on its way out.
Only a Marvel reboot can save them now

>laughing at someone for not wanting to buy a giant wet bag of horse shit and aids needles
Just tell me what they can put after Thanos, all the cosmic villains are from the Fantastic Four the only thing they can do is Magus and will be for Guardians 3, no Anihilus, Galactus, Kang ....

Don't get me wrong here, i'm not trying to defend this shit or stir you up. I just can't see any future for Xmen or the FF unless they give it the big quippy Marvel capeshit treatment.
Unless Sony can finally get their shit straight, I don't see great things in the future. Hopefully the new Spiderman is the start of a run of good luck for them.

Well the DCEU has already caught up in profits despite having a much smaller amount of films. they've also already beaten marvel and won much more prestigious awards.

Every fucking film I watch now is teasing this extended universe cancer Marvel started. Fucking fuck off with this no-stakes bullshit. Makes the stories lame as fuck because there's no ending to anything.