Is it a good idea to do a roadtrip around South America?

Is it a good idea to do a roadtrip around South America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTRN3AWbrh4
youtube.com/watch?v=0duSM5NtNKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you like dying, yes.

Seriously though, it can’t be that dangerous. South America seems safer than other parts of the world.

As long you don't look like a typical tourist you'll be fine

I've seen a lot more of backpackers here lately, you'll be fine

Any suggestions on where to go in your countries?

Go to argentina, colombia, venezuela. Don't go to Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia nor Peru.

Always bargain, don't receive old looking money, always carry local exchange.
Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=yTRN3AWbrh4

I think you are underestimating how large this continent is. Uruguay, even though in mercator maps looks small, it's near the size of the UK.

Why not? I want to go to Machu Picchu and see the Rainbow Mountain in Peru. Also I’ve already done a small road trip in Ecuador before and it was pretty safe overall. I’m just not sure if every other South American country is as safe.

Jesus Christ no

Don't listen him, Venezuela is extremely dangerous nowadays and Bolivia and Peru have the best andean landscapes

How long do you it’ll take me?

Think it’ll take me*

Che Guevara's trip take 3 months in a Norton 500 motorbike in the 50's.

Guess.

Liveleak has the answer for you.

Mexico is not in South America

if you come to Brazil just avoid Rio.

Not bad

If I do the roadtrip, I’m not planning to go to Brazil so it’s fine

Brazil, posted 7 hours ago.

www.liveleak.com/view?i=d47_1517047720

No.

Well I’m not planning to go to Brazil anyways

I would have the same risks of being stabbed if I go to London anyways

Holy fucking shit how sad poor kid, how can you kill someone in front of his kid, that's on another level of evilness man

pls dont come

go leaf go. take all of your leafs with you
next bus is in 30 minutes. please hurry up

Well is there anything interesting to see or do in Paraguay?

Yes
We didn't complete the job

W-what job?

not really but for your safe dont come in L.A.

trust me

It can’t be that dangerous

i think you could have a good experience in South America as long as you evitate some places obviously. About the thefts, just give them the things they want and evite eye contact till they're leave, do NOT try to resist. What the brit posted above, the guy was probably involved in drugs/mafia etc. Anyways, i don't recommendate to come here, it's too shitty.

blow job

Does theft happen that often?

Visit La Boca and don't forget to take pictures :^)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll add it to my list of places to visit

don't know in other countries that are not mine, here's common in places where there are many people, otherwise no

it is, especially if you're canadian with a GoPro
youtube.com/watch?v=0duSM5NtNKw

Well what if I don’t look “Canadian”, what if I look like you guys.

Yeah I did a roadtrip passing through Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile Argentina and Brazil and it went ok. I'm Hispanic white if that helps. I hope you can understand the language, that'll be of great help for you

wow a murder? this can happen in any place in wolrd

yes but it would take months, to get to know each country well.

entonces sos un CHICANO

Tell me more about your experience, which places did you go to specifically? Which country was your favourite out of the ones you went? And yeah I understand and can speak Spanish (with a gringo accent but still)

Supongo que si

> Colombia
Bogota, Cali, Pasto
> Ecuador
Tulcan, Ibarra, montañita, Quito, Guayaquil
> Peru
Tumbes, ica, trujillo, lima, nazca, Tacna
> Chile
Arica, iquique, antofagasta, santiago
> Argentian
Mendoza, San Luis, Cordoba, Rosario,Buenos Aires, posadas
> Brzil
Portoalegre, Florianopolis, Curitiba, Sao Paulo, Rio and then took a flight back home

> Favorite
Brazil. Everything is amazing in Brazil
> LeastFvorite
Peru (ok, but too much litter everywhere)

> Most expensive
Chile and Brazil
> Least expensive
Peru and Ecuador

THe whole trip took me 3 months. I spent around 2 week per country (3 in Brazil and a little less than2 weeks in Ecuador and Chile)

>opening a liveleak link involving Brasil, ever

>venezuela
Don't listen to this fag.

good that you avoided nordeste, but rio is still a shithole and dangerous

based gringo, safe gringo

How did you figure out which places to go to? How long did it take you to plan the trip? Also why didn’t you go to Cuenca or Baños, you dummy? It would probably take me less since I’m not going to Brazil.

>t. spanish ambassador to venezuela

Cuenca is a tourist trap. I went with a group of friends and would stop along the way in different places. It took us about 6 months to plan it and maybe a whole year to save up the money. We stayed at hostels. We met lots of gringos along the way, lots of gringos, especially americans and Australians in Ecuador, some germans in Atacama. We always bought the bustickets at bus terminals instead of hitchhiking like most backpackers do

Isn’t hitchhiking dangerous?

I don't know I've never done it and haven't heard any stories either

FOR GODS SAKE DON'T BUY THIS FUCKING BACKPACK OR ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT.

Please, I often travel by bus to costa rica and visit colombia and venezuela frequently. This backpack is the calling card of a man/woman who desperately needs their anus filled with mestizo cocks and wants to get robbed and shanked. Just use a normal fucking backpack and don't take so many things, it will weigh less and you'll instantly decrease your "please rape me" vibes by several hundreds of percentage points. I'm not even a rapist and whenever I see a cute european girl wearing one of these I can barely restrain my throbbing brown erection wrestling its way out of my pants screaming for reparations against the nordoids by the will of KARA BOGA.

Wear light clothes, if possible travel in groups of three, don't be retarded and don't be a girl with huge boobs, but if you are please hit me up because I'm a supreme gentleman.

I promise not to bring that backpack and no I don’t have big boobs

I see those fucking backpacks everywhere when I'm close to the bus terminal of my city. Even my own countrymen wearing them seem so fucking out of place

Oh I forgot to tell you, check the average temperature of all the cities you visit. You don't wanna be in Bogota or Quito wearing sandals and shorts when no one in their right mind would do that. You'd stick out like a sore thumb

What are other things I should avoid wearing or doing to avoid sticking out?

it's too hard. Locals can instantly tell you're not from there anywhere you go by the way you carry yourself. It happens even among us within South America as people wear clothes differently in each country, use different clothing brands, and so on.

FOr example, I could tell apart other colombians in public transport in Buenos Aires as they were wearing a Totto (brand) Bag

stop worrying fucktard, you will stick out like a sore thumb because you werent raised here and you don't know our customs.

just try to keep a low profile to not get mugged, if you need to use a phone, use a cheap brand.

just don't go with bling bling iphones 7 on the middle of bogota, retard.

here's a real advice faggot:
if you get mugged, specially if they have a gun or weapon don't resist faggot, better lose your phone than getting stabbed or shot.

people here are friendly towards foreigners and women will suck your dick if you look european.

enjoy your stay and fuck some whores.

It’ll be easier for me if I don’t open my mouth since I have the look, it’s just my accent that gives me away. My friends don’t stand a chance though.

> t.

yeah but don't worry too much. There are gringos and europeans backpacking every fucking where across the continent. they'll be fine

Thanks for your advice :3

did a carioca robbed u in rio??

>go to venezuela
>don't go to chile
Manolo please

as much as a good idea to roadtrip around india I guess

Ok even I know that’s not true

then I guess you really don't know much about latin america buddy

Sos el salvadoreño wn?

I think I know a little more than you

No but I do have a bunch of salvadorean chi friends since there’s a lot of them here

idiot

No, I but saw a niBBa stealing shit from unaware people tanning in ipanema

>B-But user, why don't you like going out?

t. imperialists
Venezuela is among the safest countries in the world, stop spreading imperialist lies.

will I be less likely to get robbed/murdered in im not wh*te? Im a 6'5" Hawaiian what do south americans think of us? I can maybe get away with being a chinky mestizo. Was thinking of going to argentina or chile this summer.

>will I be less likely to get robbed/murdered in im not wh*te?
Yes, if by wh*te you mean scandi-like. Because you will look less like an outsider.

>6'5"
You'll stand out everywhere. SA is a region of manlets.
I'm 182cm (6'1'') and I'm always the tallest guy in my classroom, or the bus, or almost anywhere. Rare to see someone taller than me.

brazil tried to genocide paraguay in the 1860s

It's not genocide when they keep trying to kill you