So why in the movies middle earth was so.. scorched?

So why in the movies middle earth was so.. scorched?

Like after a nuclear war?

Where are the farm?

The Eagles delivered all of their food on demand so they didn't need farms. That's why they were too busy to fly the ring to Mordor.

Because they wamted to make sure the audience understood that if Sauron won, the world would be destroyed.

Really sad that Game of Thrones was better at rendering fantasy landscapes than a big budget Hollywood movie.

Because they're in very early spring. Faramir says it's the spring rains when they ride from Minas Tirith.

It was part of the bleak "world on the brink of destruction" theme. Same reason the sky is so grey. Also, it's really only like this in Return of the King, specifically Gondor and Mordor. In Fellowship and the Twin Towers the world looks a lot more normal.

It was only scorched in the 3rd movie, and if you can't understand why then you haven't watched the movies or read the books

Most of the land in the books feels even more desolate than what is depicted in the movie.

>Where are the farm?
Why would you want to see agriculture? Is this the new tax meme?

If they had farms in Gondor then the retard film viewers would have thought they were back in the Shire.

Because GoT rendered the faraway landscapes with CGI and the scenes happen in closed walls or rooms.
LotR has Gandalf riding Shadowfax all around Minas Tirith, Aragorn entering and visiting Edoras, Rivendell being showed inside out, etc. GoT can't possibly show as much interior detail as LotR, so they ham upbthe fantasy aspect of their faraway landscape, knowing they don't need to show it close up.

It was in the post apocalyptic land of new zealand instead of europe

they're making a point that Gondor is in a sorry state by that time

>new

Thats what grass looks like before and after winter. Do you not live in a place that gets snow?

>scorched
Where are you from? This picture looks like regular winter/early spring to me.

Old town has a big flaming pee hole?

is thast astapor?

More importantly, did farmers in middle earth get subsidised by their king? Did aragorn tax the produce?
If I wanted cabbage from the shire would I have to pay an import tax?
why didn't frodo have to declare the ring going through elven customs? It's expensive, right?

So what DO people eat tuere? Do eagles deliver food every day to the city by air or something?

Jackson disliked agricultural subsidies so he scrapped this important part of the books

Where is the farmland? Where is this city getting its food?

oldtown

because it was winter you dumb shit

Orc Refugees had been Sauronbar'n everything and that's the result.

Sorry for sullying one of the purest threads in Sup Forums but I'm about to start a rewatch of this abomination BUT in extended form. Does the extended cut give the trilogy justice? Or do I just rewatch LotR.

read the book you fuck

watch the tolkien edit

was it Jackson trying to visually portray that Middle Earth was in decline due to Sauron's presence?