Characters that you didn't like on first viewing

Childhood is thinking this guy was a piece of shit

Adulthood is realizing he did nothing wrong

No he's a piece of shit with a twat face

Everything you think he did bad, was done by his brother though, who got what he deserved in the end.

>Childhood
>The Prestige
either newfag or underage fuck off

I saw it in 2007 when I was 13 though, is that not a child you fuckwit?

>Is being 13 a child
no, an adolescent. Are you stupid?

How many times do you think they fucked each other's wives?

so you're saying anyone that was 12 years old or younger 11 years ago when this came out is still too young to post on this site?

Great flick, a bit obvious though.

Film was ruined when they introduced actual magic

gee, I wonder why this Sup Forums user believes 13 year olds aren't children

I liked him, OP. But this one was a better character.

nah his brother kept having to pay for his mistakes the entire time, he was a complete shitstain.

>kills jackman's wife and refuses to even tell his brother what knot he tied
>doesn't even show up at the funeral
>gets his life saved by his brother, who ends up having to sever his own fingers to keep up the act
>continually fucks with jackman the whole film, cripples him and ruins his act
>starts a relationship with his assistant
>gets saved by his brother once again after getting kidnapped
>drives his brother's wife to suicide
>even after his brother says to drop it, he still continues to harass jackman
at least he got what was coming to him in the end

>13 is adolescent
What country are you in?

moron

Reminder

Why did the other brother, the surviving one, tell Jackman at the end that he "didn't care"? It was so plain on his face that he was pretending not to care or wanting to pay attention when Jackman told him to look around and see where he is.
Also I never really liked the ending with Jackman completely dead. I feel like it would have made more sense if Jackman had made another one of himself and then the clone was the one going to the place first and gotten shot, because the prime expected Bateman's assistant to want revenge–and then obviously finding out that it was the brother all along. Ending here being Bateman turning around and seeing Jackman standing in front of him, now Jackman's had Bateman's brother killed, and Bateman's killed Jackman (who has already killed himself dozens of times).

because the surviving one was the good one, the ethical one, the family man. He wasn't obsessed with Jackman like the other brother was. He truly didn't care about his secret and was driven by both of their obsessions with one another into becoming a murderer.

I agree it would have been neat to see Jackman get the last laugh, but this was a character that was essentially transformed into an irredeemable psychopath. Nolan metaphorically and literally shows us that the old innocent Jackman is and has been dead.

>kills his comrades
>rapes casca
>betrays his best brother
you have 10 seconds to explain yourself faggot

the greater good

>rape

The end only justifies the means if no other way to go about it was available. You can't justify bad deeds just because something good came out of it.

But then what about his final look around the place? The shot before we see all the hats again. The look on his face is like a massive question mark and almost looks stunned. I mean, in the end he did become obsessed, because he killed Jackman even though it was his brother who had done all the stupid shit. I don't know, maybe if the good brother hadn't killed Jackman, but just revealed the "trick" and then left him, would have made more sense in this regard. This way, Jackman is left alive in his own graveyard and knowing all the shit they did ended up with Bateman's brother dying.

Why do you say Jackman turned into an irredeemable psychopath? I don't get that. To me Jackman made the most sense all the way throughout the film. His wife was killed by Bateman, then the tricks and revenge going back and forward, the final one where he was completely humiliated and his leg fucked. Then he was sent on what he thought was a pointless chase to Tesla because of Bateman's final diary entry, only to get what he wanted, but to use it he had to sacrifice himself every time. I guess you could say he did go "too far" in the end if you compare how he was in the beginning to last, but Bateman was already too far gone in the beginning of the movie.

I always wanted to know what happened when you looked closely. I never found anything :

He killed jackman because jackman wouldn't leave his child in the care of him even after his brother honored the agreement and let jackman win by killing him. there was no other choice for him. it was either have his kid taken away or kill jackman.

Jackman was an irredeemable psychopath because he went after Bale's kid. He had already won and gotten his revenge, but it no longer was about revenge, as evidenced by him keeping the machine and trying to take Bale's kid away. The good bale that we know never went far at all. In fact he never even risked doing the crazy tricks like bullet catching. His brother was the antagonist the entire time.

I forgot about the kid. But you have to remember, Jackman thought it was over, Bateman's dead, so why wouldn't he just take care of Bale's kid? Also I just realized I kept calling him Bateman, whoops. Did Jackman want to keep the machine? Wasn't the whole point that he was going to leave it with the dead clones and torch the place or? He got the machine back down there with the old guy.

you're still a child

Bale can't read jackman's mind. All he knows is that he is unhinged and that he is trying to take away his daughter. Do you really think he would just let him do such a thing?
Also jackman showed time and time again that he was not willing to have anyone steal his spotlight, not even "himself", and assuming he ever resumed magic again, would probably bring out the cloning machine. Bale even says in the end "we were content living half a life" while Jackman's doom was wanting more out of ego.

She was obviously into it

was she really? didn't she get violently gangraped by a bunch of those monsters though too? it's been a while
>inb4 all women enjoy rape meme
oh.

She was moaning and stuff, did you even read/watched it?

Only Femto used his magic stick on Casca

she literally get mind broken holy fuck, how more does she needs to suffer for you to get that she was reaped.
You can reed the last chapter to see her subconscious full of big black dick too.

I am not sure, she looked happy to me. Remember she was not into Guts after Griffith making love to her? That is because she found her new crush and father of her child.

yea so happy she looses her mind ? And becomes an autist child. And the path to fixing her mind is thru full of monster dicks.

It is called "character development"

Not all that obvious.

Tesla's device was just showmanship.

Uh no sweetie, the device worked.

How autistic are you? Why would she loose her mind if she liked it? Are you stupid or something.

> not knowing 4channel is cool with 16 year olds and up posting but we will forever give shit to anyone who is 22 and younger and call them gay ass newfags for the lulz

Fuck off only a 12 year old new fag wouldn't know this

> science is magic now

Get wrecked

What?

[citation needed]