Childhood is idolizing Agent Dale Cooper...

Childhood is idolizing Agent Dale Cooper. Adulthood is realizing Major Garland Briggs is the best Twin Peaks character period.

Garland Briggs is a Mary Sue

My dick down your throat is a Mary Sue.

Major Briggs became my favorite character about the instance he started talking to Bobby in the first scene we see him in.

kekd

Also:

I mean I guess, but I think there's potential here for Bobby to be a really good character.

You know, I think he's my favorite character now too having considered it.

That's not the Major, that's his son

Briggs is such a fascinating, cool character.

He's like the elite Freemason type, on some top secret shit to the level that he knows like really deep cosmic esoteric shit about reality and spirit, and, as you might imagine, keeps this under wraps when he goes home to his family as a gentleman does. But he's not at all some nefarious character as some people like to project on these types of guys, but a reflective, decent, humble, and fascinatingly inquisitive man who carries his knowledge with a sense of heavy responsibility.

Makes you wonder if there are fascinating, deep men like him up at your local Freemason lodge.

That's a crop of a screenshot from a scene where Briggs gets elevated from an 11/10 character into a 12/10 character

*slaps cigarette out of your mouth*

Major is the best character and Nadine is the most underrated.

I want superhuman Nadine back :'(

Bobby is really turning out to be a favorite too.

He did it again, the madman!

It's quite obvious that Audrey Horne is the best character.

his lodge/zone alternate shouuld be Steve-O

You think he's going to be this stereotypical authoritarian who is distant from his son. But instead he expresses his love for bobby and carries an inner warmth in every scene. Love the character.

Yeah, definitely! It really sets it up in that first scene with him in a way that you really expect that dynamic, but (I suppose much more realistically) he turns out to be a figure of fatherly wisdom.

When he first started speaking so eloquently about understanding and respecting Bobby's need to rebel - but how he as a father has to play his role too - for a moment there I was so amused at how different this was from the usual 'distant authoritatrian father' trope I thought it was just a wacky, quirky Twin Peaks scene. Ben then quickly you realize this character has much more substance than a mere jokey trope reversal.

I remember a girl I was watching it with even immediately responding to him with something like "what's this guy's problem?", like you're so used to responding to the authoritative father that way, but I was already thinking "wait, this guy is actually really onpoint and awesome".

>the best Twin Peaks character period.
uhhh.........

>nutwinpeaks
>"characters"
long pauses and "fuck you ____" are not characterizations. It's like I'm watching a shitty anime.

1. Major Briggs
2. Dale Cooper
3. Gordon Cole
4. Bobby Briggs
5. Hawk

Wrong, all the goat characters are from The Return.

>power ranking
1. Green tea latte man
2. Wally Brando
3. Dougie
4. 119 girl
5. Ike "The Spike" Stadtler

Adulthood is realizing Bellhop is the best character.

6. Special Agent Albert Rosenfield
7. Dianne

>he doesn't like Ike the spike
>he doesn't like the three weird cops with the funny laugh
>he doesn't like Dougie Jones or his wife

You forgot Albert, OG Sheriff Truman, Pete between your 2. and 3.

I tried to add on Albert here I also would put Agent Denise up there too.

I stand by my list but these are all great characters.

1. Dougie-E

Is that when he talks to Bobby about his dream of light? That was the moment for me

They're funny, sure, but they're all one-note.

The midget is comically brutal.
The cops laugh funny.
Dougie is lovable but, like, really sad and shit.

Gordon is probably the only well-written character in nupeaks

No it's realizing that twin peaks is shit. I can't tell if you faggots are just meming that it's good or you're just retarded

That's a great moment. Possibly the best in Twin Peaks.

The first scene with Major Briggs is at the family dinner table, with Brigg's wife there too, and Bobby is being rebellious and edy and tries to smoke at the dinner table, which Briggs slaps out of his mouth. And he goes into this really eloquent spiel about understanding Bobby's rebellious phase and his respective role as a father in this. Just a great, really unexpected introduction to this singular character.

>Possibly the best in Twin Peaks.
UHHH........

SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE

Gordon is the real surprise of nu-peaks, character-wise. He's given us some of the funniest Lynch material and lines ever, delivered by Lynch himself, with unexpected moments of poignancy.

I actually love how meme-able Twin Peaks is, which doesn't take away from it at all for me. It's filled with readymade memes.

he's a big guy

Dogiue go scoba divign

for Leo

>Bobbys introduction in Nu-Peaks is a literal zoom in on a CIA powerstance

God I really hope Bobby isn't secretly the drug lord boss godfather of the super dark underbelly of modern Twin Peaks.

No way Bobby would be that. It would completely undercut the vision Garland Briggs had of his future, and take away all its weight and emotional impact.

>tfw Bobby has the most complete arc of any Twin Peaks character

I quite like the shrieking autistic brain-tree too.

James doesn't need that though, because he's always been cool.

>WE WURRRR GOING TO THE BAHHHAAAMAAS!!! WE WURR GOING TO SIP TEA ON THE BEEEACHH!

Probably one of my favorite scenes in all of TP is when Major Briggs is reading the book of revelations in loud voice, and then tells Bobby to put down the cigarette.

Yeah, he's the liberal illuminati and a good guy. Wow. I guess I love the Jews and globalists and the military industrial complex now.

he basically is a military industrial complex Freemason-type guy.

personally I don't hate such people. I don't think of like one 'side' as being all wearing robes and thinking "muahahaha". Freemasons and military guys are usually good, serious, upstanding citizens and family men.

He's a high-rank military man, not a freemason.

>masons

Probably not, very few masonic lodges have any real esoteric interest, despite a good chunk of their ritual material being based in Western mysticism.

That having been said, I do know masons who are occultists in their own right, so there are certainly some with that interest, it's just not the norm in masonry

t. shariablueshill

he looks like old rami malek

Noone is paid to shill for the Major. It's a Bobby funded lie and a pathetic attempt at smearing hsi campaign.

>unregulated trade and defense industry pork spending are liberal policies
poltards actually live in a fantasy world that is the total inverse of objective reality. I mean it's as simple as googling voting records on these issues to realize every political opinion you have is demonstrably wrong

>yfw Bobby was the key to all this

>It's like I'm watching a shitty anime
Fucking weebs

Has anyone got a webm of the three cops standing all menacingly after they see Ike?

did anyone else make a green tea after this scene