You're in charge of making a Greek Mythology Extended Universe

You're in charge of making a Greek Mythology Extended Universe.

How do you start? And who do you cast? What stories do you implement?

in b4 Hadesfags, can't stand how much they whine and whimper about how he such a good boy and is unfairly treated in media

I reboot percy jackson movies with a diversity quota

boom, blockbuster.

>I reboot percy jackson movies with a diversity quota

it already had one, the satyr dude wasn't black in the books

An original post on Sup Forums. This won't get far

t Demeter

Its just an entire series of Zeus raping mortals.

Meanwhile, in the background, Greeks fuck boys.

Anthology series set in the modern world. Each episode deals with a different famous myth-mostly classics, narccisus, medusa etc but with a modern spin. Glenn howerton as narcissus obviously

Base it on the Scion roleplaying game, make it effectively a superhero franchise but with God's and shit. There you go.

Who do you cast as Aphrodite?

>it's a dionysus seeks revenge on pentheus by driving him insane for not believing dionysus divine, causing pentheus to hide out in the forest where pentheus's mother and aunts, also driven insane by dionysus, think he is a mountain lion and tear him to pieces with their bare hands before carrying his head to his father on a pike whereupon the spell is broken and they realize what they have done only to have dionysus destroy them too to complete his revenge episode

ehhh i don't think americlaps would go for that. i'd just make a hercules series about his legendary journeys.

it's not rape if you transform into a swan

Idris Elba

you start by casting ALL black cast, no joking everyone single character must be something-african

kys

I just wanna see a good Odysseus movie with the cyclops and that witch on that island that I forgot

calipso my dude

In this day and age, it would be impossible to be true to the source material. They'd cast at least half of them Jewish and a quarter for them black
>Blonde haired gods in Ancient Greece include Athena, Hera, Apollo, Aphrodite, Cupid, Apollo, Zeus, Dionysus, Artemis, Demeter, Ares, and Hermes.

One thing is for sure, you can't make it similar to the capeshit extended universes. Half of the heroes are born from gods and the rest are just straight gods.

The Odyssey Hallmark series with Armand Assante was pretty good, the special effects are probably dated as fuck but otherwise worth a watch

that's the name

An Iliad/Odyssey/Aeneid trilogy. True to the books (showing Gods and such). R rated violence/sex.
in between releases is a Metamorphosis series on Netflix or something that can do it justice

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke or serious, but I don't remember so: were those gods actually thought to be blonde? I always thought it was black hair for practically everyone.

>black Calipso

Just like in Pirates of the Caribbean™!

What about the Titans?

Too far.

>not liking Vanessa Williams

Gaylord.

Yes, according to mythology, they were blonde, although there's also dark haired gods like Hades and Poseidon. It's important to remember that today's Greeks are heavily diluted with Turkish and Middle Eastern genetics.

The Spartans in particular were famous for being extremely blonde

Start with the Greek creation myth (i.e. Cronos vs Zeus). First phase of movies will focus on Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Apollo and Demeter (same movie), Hermes, and Hephaestus and Ares (same movie, possibly with Aphrodite introduced). End phase 1 with Gigantomachy (all Greek gods vs Giants).
Phase 2 will show the Greek mythic heroes, starting with Jason, Orpheus, Castor and Pollux (same film), Theseus, Dionysus, Odysseus, and of course, Heracles. For simplicity's sake, we put them all in the same time period. The gods will still actively be shown throughout these films. End of phase 2 is Argonauts, in which all of these have to steal the Golden Fleece (think ancient Ocean's 11) and tease the Trojan War.
Third and final phase will show the tragic ends of all of the greek heroes, as well as the ascension to godhood of Dionysus and Heracles (separate films). Hector and Achilles are introduced, and a 2 part film on the Trojan War is shown, concluding in a war between the gods themselves. The 2ne to last film, which will be Odysseus' Odyssey, will have him return to Ithica. The gods, weak from their infighting over the soul of Odysseus, are then guaranteed one last great hero.
The last film in the entire series is a mythicized Alexander the Great. This film ends with the death of Alexander and the conquering of the Greek Pantheon by their Roman counterparts.

>It's important to remember that today's Greeks are heavily diluted with Turkish and Middle Eastern genetics.
>The Spartans in particular were famous for being extremely blonde
Now you're just actually trolling, I was hoping for a serious answer.

>blonde spartans

Clone Arnold Schwarzenegger and mature him into fresh 30 years of age and train him to Conan the Barbarian prime condition, then cast him as Hercules and have him defeat monsters and conquer women.

>It's important to remember that today's Greeks are heavily diluted with Turkish and Middle Eastern genetics.
>american education

Pindar collectively described the Homerica Greeks of the time of the war between Argos and Thebes as fair-haired.[70] The Spartans are described as fair-haired by Bacchylides. In the work of Homer, Menelaus the king of the Spartans is, together with other Greek leaders, portrayed as blond.

In the works of Homer, there is only one case of a dark hero, and that is when the blond Odysseus is transformed by Athena and his beard becomes blue-black. Other blond characters in Homer are Helen of Troy, Peleus, Achilles, Meleager, Agamede, and Rhadamanth

I don't think that would ever work, the first films wouldn't be compelling at all.

but I want to see Kronos and Gaia

ugh this is so problematic, can you just don't

She is so fucking perfect god damn I hate it that I didn't get to fuck her in her prime.

Ummmmm sorry sweetie but Leonidas was a strong black woman and our media needs to reflect that

I don't know why I find this kind of humour funny. I always fucking grin when I read comments like this.

I think he's refering to Circe

All I can find is that they liked to dye their hair a lot. I don't buy your idea for 1 second that the Spartans were a bunch of "Aryan Nordic youths".

>Start off with a Titanomachy movie with elements of the Hero's Journey thrown in for Zeus
>Zeus become king, include official sequels for the biggest myths and shows for the more minor myths (with the exception being The Iliad and the Odyssey which deserve shows)
>Demeter and Persephone film
>Perseus and Medusa film about 10 years since the Clash of the Titans remake (2020)
>Include a crossover film with Egyptian myth
>Latter movies change the name of them to their Roman counterparts for whatever reason
>Finish the universe with all of the gods getting killed off by an unseen omnipotent force, symbolizing the rise of Christianity

This would be great desu

Anyone played this?

Oh great, it's going to be American Gods: Amerilard Bogaloo 2. Maybe if it was made purely as a ridiculous comedy but even then it would probably still be mediocre.

>all those people starting with chronos and the titans

"No!"
They are divinities, not humans; a movie would either antropomorphize them excessively or not be interesting.

Start with the age of heroes

>anthroporphize anthromorphical gods

Makes me think

remember it must be absolutely grim and dirty with all the colours washed out, maybe an over blowed blue sky

>Not wanting every single movie to be set in New York
pleb

I never said the Spartans were Nordic you dumbfuck. Blonde comes from the Indo-Europeans, which the Spartans were

Before that, Europe was filled with dark skin

stay away from odyssey and iliad, we already have good kino there

>Before that, Europe was filled with dark skin

NO you are a nazi deal with it, iran is arab it always was

WE WUZ WHITE N SHIIET

All European Mesolithic hunter-gatherer remains so far investigated have shown genetic markers for light-colored eyes, in the case of western and central European hunter-gatherers combined with dark skin color. The later additions to the European gene pool, the Early Neolithic farmers from Anatolia and the Yamnaya Copper Age/Bronze Age pastoralists (possibly the Proto-Indo-European population) from the area north of the Black Sea appear to have had much higher incidences of dark eye color alleles, and alleles giving rise to lighter skin, than the original European population.

Action-adventure with all the myths spliced together.

Basically, just make a God of War movie series.

I mean it's cute you think they were blonde en masse, but it's simply not true at all. Here's something I found just from simple Googling of your bullshit:
>We must also dispel the notion that xanthos always refers to yellow hair, or that purros refers to purely red hair. For the former, we note that Aristophanes used xanthizein to describe roasting meat, which of course does not turn yellow. Additionally, Strabo uses xanthotrichein and leukotrichein (making hair xanthon and making hair “white”) indicating that xanthon was a darker shade than extremely fair hair. George Cedrenus uses it to describe the eyes of the Virgin (xanthommaton); eyes are rarely yellow, unless jaundiced, which seems unlikely in this case.
REALLY made me think, my man.

>excessively

I....fuck....you got me

How would an Iliad adaptation work?

2 seasons of Trojan War
2 season of Odysseus heading home/reaching home

No standalone Theseus arc?

300M$ Zeus sex adventures film with full nudity and sex scenes in all of his forms. ALL of them.

Isn't there way more to show in the Odissey than in the Iliad? Also they are completely different genres, how can you transition from a grand epic war into a wacky adventure with a crew of pals

Eva Green

standalone acts do like a Sin City structure thing

You start off with Hercules doing his trials and branch out from there

I'M

IN

CHARGE

>seasons
>not epic 2+ hour films
Fuck all of you TV-show whores, pointless exposition because it's safe and easy, and ridiculous amount of characters which serve no purpose other than to extend the episode length. A lesser medium for stories that grand is a disgrace.

oh shit

John Boyega

legit

Daddario

Nah fuck you

Back to the GoT general, my brainlet friend.

Christina HenDDricks, but she'd have to lose a bit of weight. Also Emily Blunt as Athena.

She was easily 8/10 jizz-on-sight fuckable

go back to /lbg/ first, you numpty.

Start with a illiad oddesy and aneid trilogy

Tge hercules solo movie about the trials

Introduce theseus

Have hercules thesius amd hector (who faked his death in illiad) team up to take down hades but then it turns out hades was a patsy fall guy and tge real threat is Cronus.

DABID BAD PUSY BAD PUSY DABID
baratheon master race btw stannis is goat hella epic btw
AZOR AHAI DUDE WHOAA

Absolute dog-shit taste.

>she'd have to lose weight

LEAVE

>it's a Cassandra spoils the plot episode

No she's a bit too big to be Aphrodite right now, she'd have to lose a bit, but she's obviously going to keep her fat tits.

let's just skip to the last film, americans will love it

Tfw no modern reimagining where cassandra predicts murders for the police force but has to trick other people into taking action for her because tge police chief and hos subordinates never believe her

Greeks in antiquity were not blonde in today's sense. They are described as having "golden" hair. A dark-blonde or light-hazel color. In any case, ancient greeks weren't """"white""". If you honestly believe they were the same as a poster-child for Hitler youth, you're sadly mistaken, and also quite possibly retarded. Ancient greeks had much more in common with semetic people (jews, arabs) than today's """"whites"""".

that sounds fucking amazing

Unironically would watch

When he finally gets to murder all his wife's suitors.

Brutal

This.
Just make the campaigns into movies.

>Ancient greeks had much more in common with semetic people (jews, arabs) than today's """"whites""""
I think you mean they had more in common with Egyptians and Persians, not Jews and Arabs, and this too is only partially correct.

Idris Elba as Zeus ofcourse, Dong Lover as Hermes.

do the Odyssey as a semi-sequel to Troy, soft introduction to the mythical monsters and the gods that plebs will understand, which would lead into the heroic age stories.

the earlier shit is way too esoteric fpr the average punter, immortals was a fucking pretentious flop

Arnold schwarzenegger as kratos

>greek mythology
Just adapt this shit into a succesful film and you are set for life

Sounds fucking terrible. Especially the ending.

Medusa casting?

Thanks for sharing, reddit