Spiderman Homeflopping

>The positive buzz on the film hasn’t translated into bigger audiences in the UK. >Spider-Man: Homecoming has opened in the UK with £6.77m along with Wednesday-Thursday previews of £2.6m, taking the five-day total to £9.37m
>This is almost identical to the previous installment of the franchise, 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was labelled as financial disappointment halting Sony's tracks on the Spiderman universe

C-china please save us!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/07/india-is-the-one-country-that-loves-spider-man-even-more-than-america-does/
youtube.com/watch?v=QeuI01WICJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All the Britfags are only interested in Dunkirk

thats almost 20m for one weekend in the uk alone which is pretty good

another reboot incoming

they went too far with the BLM references

AAAAHHH TONY HELP!

It's almost like Bongs are tired of being surrounded by mystery meat browns

And those browns don't pay for shit or care if they are represented on the big screen

Really exercisies the cognition

Nobody cares about Spiderman outside America. And this is coming from a guy that goes to see every Marvel flick and enjoys them.

Spiderfag: Homocoming btfo!

You can buy reviews but you can't the audience

ukfag here, quite a few of the people I know simply arent interesting in seeing a new spiderman so soon, and a spiderman thats now part of a bigger picture/universe. They think spiderman works better in his own universe, but this cant simply be a UK thing so fuck knows lads

It's nor like it's breaking records in USA too. People are tires of Spiderman

>diversity of the cast doesn't negatively effect prof-

It's doing great in India though, which was the point.
forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/07/india-is-the-one-country-that-loves-spider-man-even-more-than-america-does/

>tfw the future is going to be entirely dedicated to the asian market, be it Inda or China
>movies will get dumber
>movies will get more diverse for the region they target

You think shit's bad now, if the new fast and furious showed us anything, it's that the big $$$ aren't with white audiences.

Goalpost Moving: The Post

Nobody gives a shit about an American high school movie outside of the US. This is only going to attract a small range of autists who feel the need to watch every capeshit installment there is.

Also it fails to really nail a target audience considering there is Dispicable me 3 for kids, Apes for late teens/adults and Dunkirk for the middle aged

>In the middle of the new Sony Pictures superhero picture Spider-Man: Homecoming, there’s a brief scene that seems to have been put there to appeal to one very specific segment of the film’s fans. Namely, Indian moviegoers.

>In the scene, Tony Stark makes an international call to his young protegee, Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man, played by Tom Holland), from what is clearly an Indian wedding. I don’t recall if Stark mentions exactly where he is, but given that he’s dressed in a traditional Indian kurta, surrounded by sari-clad women who could only be from the sub-continent, and that the venue from which he’s calling is festooned with multi-colored marigold flowers, it’s pretty much blatantly obvious that he’s an attendee at an Indian wedding, quite possibly in India.

>I suspect the scene was slyly placed in the movie as a pleasant Easter egg for Indian viewers to discover, a kiss blown in their direction, rather than as a more aggressive attempt to pander to them. I’ve come to this conclusion because when I inquired with Sony Pictures Entertainment, India, as to why the Indian scene was included in the film, they simply referred me to the L.A.-based executives at Sony and Marvel. I assume they hadn't been advised of the thinking behind that particular decision.

>All I’ve been able to uncover thus far is that Marvel Studios president and Spider-Man: Homecoming producer Kevin Feige made reference to the scene during an interview last year, but he didn’t go to the trouble of explaining the reason for it.

it's the same thou, retard

>He did mention that they hadn’t actually traveled to India to shoot the sequence, as there hadn’t been much reason to do so, nor a rationale for spending what would have been necessary to fly Downey and a production crew around the world to shoot it. In fact, the scene is so closely contained that all it really required was the right costumes and set dressing, the appropriate background actors, and a location or soundstage that might as well have been in Burbank or Culver City, California, where Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures are headquartered.

>Whatever the studios' intent, Indian audiences have given the new picture a hearty welcome, with a 41.7 crore rupees ($6.45 million) opening weekend that established a new record for Sony Pictures' India releases. Propelled by strong distribution and high-decibel marketing, combined with widespread critical acclaim and strong word-of-mouth, Spider-Man: Homecoming took first place at the box office in its debut and is on its way to becoming one of Hollywood's biggest-ever movies in the territory.

BASED POOS

we never had a huge super hero comic culture like america

its nu-males and attention whores who love this dribble, the type who say they remember the nes and want the nes mini depsite the nes not being sold in the uk

they want so badly to be that american nerd in the 80s

>depsite the nes not being sold in the uk
What? I had one as a kid

I love Spiderman but there's just too many fucking reboots, and this is the worst one of all by rebooting him into the MCU
They think spiderman works better in his own universe
and fucking this. even when I was a kid and didn't hate the MCU, I was specifically not a fan of crossovers that would put Spiderman too well into the other series, or other series too well into Spiderman. Best example would be how he felt ridiculously out of place in Civil War.

Fucking kek that's all that i was thinking when seeing that scene and here i was thinking that Sup Forums had turned me paranoid.

only a few retailers in the south stocked them, I think boots used to

then it flopped over here

Where does he shit?

this is true lad

In 10 years, nobody will care about this flick. 15 years later, and we're still talking about Raimi's.

really bootstrapped my neurons

Britfag and Spiderman just isn't the same without the casual racism by the Hitchcock of our time; Sam Raimi

>>This is almost identical to the previous installment of the franchise, 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was labelled as financial disappointment halting Sony's tracks on the Spiderman universe

Who could have imagined rebooting the same franchise 3 times in 6 movies over 15 years could have diminishing returns?

Brits are too tired of seeing non whites I guess in movies since they see them everywhere on the street? Not being racist

>only a few retailers in the south and Boots

I live in the north and had one, so did most of my friends...and my mum never went into Boots

this is true

>In 10 years, nobody will care about this flick.
This is how MCU movies work. No one seems to care about a MCU movie a year after.

The price they pay for putting Spiderman in the MCU.

how old are you?

>>movies will get more diverse for the region they target
Nah. It'll just be a whole host of white faces plus the current biggest chink actor. See what they did with Iron Man 3

are you thinking about the snes? becuase nes did not take off in the uk

>implying UK box office counts for shit

keep trying DCuck

That alone isn't enough to sell the movie, Rogue One bombed in China, even though it had donnie yen and that other guy.

34 and nope, definitely the SNES - I have had every single Nintendo console/handheld until the Wii

>implying anyone can confuse the brick NES and the curvy SNES

>UK isn't shit enough to buy into a movie that exists to pander to blacks and indians

Feels good.

Back in the day Nintendo were not really popular here at all. These days, with all the hype, and talk of Nintendo "saving the industry" and constant talk of Nintendo's games, and Nintendo's games alone (in regards to the 80s) you'd think otherwise, but its all really just marketing.

The month that Mario 3 was launched in the UK it was utterly, utterly crushed in sales by one of the Dizzy games (I think Magicland)

The computer market here was really strong, and established when the NES was released, NES got the reputation of being childish and mainly for kids, Master System gained more fans due to the popularity of the arcades in the UK during the 80s, Sega were a big name.

When the NES started turning up in UK stores, magazines were giving huge coverage to the 16-bit Amiga, and Atari ST computers, this was where the new gaming fans who had a lot of cash were going during this time in the UK, on top of that the UK magazines went absolutely crazy for the PC-Engine, which they had imported from Japan, virtually every magazine ran scores of PC-Engine reviews at the time, and people were clamouring to buy them, but after constant rumours over a period of years the system was never actually properly released here (there was just a crappy 3rd party attempt to bring it out with no advertising and little distribution). People in the UK really wanted the PC-Engine, not the NES, but sadly it never turned up.

NES later on gained a decent sized userbase of pre-pubescent boys, mainly on the back of Game Boy popularity (Game Boy was huge in the UK), and all the Nintendo themed cartoons that started turning up from the US (Mario, Zelda, Captain N).

Spectrum sold ~4 million (most of these were 1982-1985 though)

C64 sold ~4 million (most of these were mid to late 80s)

Amstrad sold ~2 million (mostly mid to late 80s)

Master System sold ~ 1.5 million (mostly late 80s and early 90s)

NES sold ~1 million (mostly late 80 and early 90s)

I had one, I'm 28

It's bad. Movie's good, instead of niggers.

I saw it yesterday and the place was packed. But that might be because Tuesday is cheap night+meerkat 2 for 1 so who knows.

That'll be exactly why then. Only up to half of those people paid and even then it wasn't full price.

The U.K. interest in the NES largely stems from revisionist nostalgia from people getting all their retro gaming knowledge from YouTube which, naturally, had a heavy US bias due to the majority of YouTube content creators being American. Nintendo took the U.K. market for granted in the 8-bit era, assuming we'd just fall at their feet as the U.S., leaving distribution to Matel and releasing many major games up to three years after their US counterparts. They took things a bit more seriously with the SNES (though Europe missed out on a LOT of great RPGs Nintendo couldn't be bothered to translate), but as always had the feeling of holding a bit of a grudge against Europe, and the U.K. In particular, for not kowtowing to the NES back in the day; which we didn't need to do as we Bad a significantly stronger home computer market at the time than the US did.

Just because it didn't take off doesn't mean he didn't have one. It still sold several hundred thousand units.

>Nobody cares about Spiderman
Spiderman and Batman are the top selling brands for Marvel and DC but there's too much of them and people get tired of that, The Gauntlet movies will make less than the first Avengers

Also: Parker's love interest is 2 black girls is fucking stupid.

Race aside, if I was black; would my love interest be 2 whites or 2 blacks? No, I'd wanna try to pick up a cute Asian or something.

And here I am again...
WHY DOES HOLLYWOOD HATE ASIANS??

Marvel Pajeets are going to turn out in big numbers in Punjabi. There's a reason why that meme exists.

>capeshit

In the 80's the videogames market was a bunch of small toys companies, Nintendo, Sega, Atari, NEC, SNK. They weren't big enough to flood their products on 3 big market so the japanese ones mostly focused on their japanese local market and USA.
With Sony and Microsoft entering on the market videogames became a megacorps market. And they basically created the european mass market for videogames. All the 80's toys companies were kicked out. Nintendo survived to these days but that doesn't make them a megacorp. They're still that toys company from the 80's. Today even EA, Ubisoft or Activision are bugger companies than Nintendo.
A good example is the DS outsold the PS2 on every market it was released. But the PS2 is still the most sold system of all time because Nintendo is too small to release their products on as much market as Sony.

Only Wolverine can have asians cuties

>Hollywood won't cast asian leads because apparently people can't relate to asian leads
>China is where the most money is made

what the fuck

>WHY DOES HOLLYWOOD HATE ASIANS??
See that Asian in your webm? She's had so much surgery done that her actual Korean features have all been cut away. A pretty Asian is a Caucasian with dark hair. My point is: even Asians know they suck.

>apparently people can't relate to asian leads
And a white rich kid can relate to a ghetto black guy?

Of course we do. My generation grew up watching the spiderman cartoons dubbed in hindi. Living in india then was the best.
>all the best anime, cartoons and TV shows from the last 30 years played daily.
>if you stayed up late TV was uncensored.

Forgot pic

>watching YouTube videos of games instead of playing them

>he fell for the plastic surgery meme
You should see the Asian I talk to on facebook who's from the phillipines

Of course I am not sending an image but she looks like a model and has had no surgery. Also as for the Asians who don't have great faces: I am a legs guy so that doesn't bother me.

are people retarded? Why can't you just, um, i dunno.... WATCH THE MOVIE? Why do you have to relate to the main character on a fucking racial level to appreciate and enjoy it?

This flick is basically Marvel's BvS right? Iron Man and Spider-Man are their biggest guys and both top 5 most famous comic book characters.

If that's the case those numbers sound like a flop

Or the price they pay for putting out three movies per year for 8 straight years.

It's always bongs causing stories like this
Is the entire nation too busy watching Bend it like Beckham to enjoy something different?

People need someone to relate to when watching a movie or tv show or they will just change the channel.

Another fucking Spiderman, who cares. When will this shit end.

China don't care as much about female leads, it's Japan that are the perverted Asians. If it was a Japanese market they're appealing to, things would get a lot more interesting, but since it's China and India, it's mindless explosions and "respectable" asians. Hence the Chinese doctor that was added for Iron Man 3 I think it was (scenes only included to the Chinese market)

its because of the cast

>make cast just like the comics
>result
>""""""""""diversity cast"""""""""" literally shoved in your face
>fail

>Back in the day Nintendo were not really popular here at all. These days, with all the hype, and talk of Nintendo "saving the industry" and constant talk of Nintendo's games, and Nintendo's games alone (in regards to the 80s) you'd think otherwise, but its all really just marketing.

Nice revisionism sonygger but nintendo really saved the industry from the american crash of 1983. They won't save the japanese industry from its actual collapse though. The western AAA industry has won.

>make cast resemble an actual public school in queens
>WAHH WHY DO BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE EXIST

I was writing from a European perspective, not an american one. The European market was doing fine and didnmt rely on the states as it does now. Nintendo absolutely saved the US market, the European market didn't need saving at the time as it has a hugely popular home computer market. Now, thanks to the internet, pop culture history is primarily told from an American perspective and ignores what was happening elsewhere.

Plus I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy, so don't try console wars bullshit on me, it's not 1995 anymore.

i think they legitimately forget that nonwhite people are also people who exist in society and therefore get cast in things and that that is actually representative of society unlike the all-white default state they seem to want for movies/tv

>MCU doing well in pajeet land
pottery

>make cast resemble an actual public school in queens
Never been there, is really 10% white European?

>nonwhite people
nice try jew, but your poison doesn't work here

If I am not a person, how come I can post here just the same as you?

case in point lol, it's like you think they're just props of muh evil jooish plan to destroy society instead of real people

>capeshit
>something different

>if I am not a person, then how come I can fetch this ball

>queens
Well I'm sure your flick will do well in Queens, but it's going to flop in the rest of the world. Also why do I never see nigs in the old Spidey movies and cartoons?

D-DELETE THIS!

I remember Blade being there in a spider cartoon.
what?

>the European market didn't need saving at the time as it has a hugely popular home computer market

Lolno. It didn't need saving because it didn't exist. Home computer weren't used to play videogames and there were almost no videogames stores in Europe back then. Sony created the european videogames market. Nintendo and Sega were to small to do anything relevant here.

you can train a dog to fetch a ball

doesn't mean it's a person

Look at the new Venom

You consider Spiderman something different?

you have no clue what you're talking about

So you are saying that you can train a dog to shitpost on Sup Forums?

Stop it! That's a fake panel!

>something different
You HAVE to be a shill

as someone who went to public school there, that's actually what queens is like. anyone who is white and has money goes to private school anyways since public schools in the city blow ass. queens is like 1/4th white, if that

>well I'm sure your flick will do well in queens, but it's going to flop in the rest of the world
you're being fucking retarded; it's an accurate portrayal of the setting dumbass, they're not trying to specifically appeal to people in queens. and trying to claim that a movie is going to flop because it contains non-white characters is desperate and asinine

if you put a thousand dogs and a thousand laptops in a room, one of them will eventually shitpost on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=QeuI01WICJM

You don't. Videogames were mostly an american hobby during the 80's. It was the biggest worldwide market by a large margin.

Different non-whites have different talents. For example, Indians can answer phones, mulattoes can post on Sup Forums, and dogs can fetch. Doesn't mean one's necessarily better than the others.

edgy as fuck m8

t. shitskin /poledditor/ posting as a white person

go enjoy your summer vacation, sport, it'll be september before you know it!