Is this the most important film of 2012 or it's the most insignificant pretentious garbage ever?

Is this the most important film of 2012 or it's the most insignificant pretentious garbage ever?

It's funy

If Sam Hyde and his cronies had made this film then Sup Forums would never stop wanking over it. Bleak but a great piece of cinema.

One of my favorites. The soundtrack is perfect.
Haven't been able to find a decent torrent for this since it was removed from netflix.

It's not important, but it does capture a certain walk of life with a fine attention to garrish detail.

It's a shame Entertainment didn't quite live up to this one.

is this a gun or a car?

I though it was amazing and at the same time surprised how it slipped under the radar.
It was the movie about the current state of the world.
I really want to rewatch it,if I find good copy of it.

having been autistic enough to have seen all of alverson's works, the comedy stands out because it's his best.
the editing is one of the least talked about aspects, in combination with schwartzbard's cinematography, it all comes together so well. the main problem with the whole indie genre is that it's obvious in a lot of projects that the cast are just a bunch of hipsters acting as characters they aren't, this film sort of parodies that aspect in making the main focus a bunch of spoiled hipsters who are also assholes and are getting old.
alverson talked about how much he had to cut the film, and how it was originally supposed to end with heidecker getting beat-up. he also said the original cut was 4 hours, and i'd kill to see it. too bad alverson is busy making a whole anti-slavery civil-war film that is going to be preachy and a step back from the whole realist style he built up.

>the original cut was 4 hours

Really good fucking movie. The most harrowing portrayal of the modern millennial that I've ever seen

>Tim Cuckeder

Why do I care?

ye
alverson's stated in numerous interviews that the movie was supposed to be 3 hours, on the commentary, he says 4 hours.
either way, i would kill to see that footage. something about the way alverson filmed the comedy is really hypnotic. really wonder if they shot anything else with turkington.

>he also said the original cut was 4 hours, and i'd kill to see it
So would I,makes one wonder if copy of this exist.
Should we try and email Alverson?

I liked entertainment better

What I took from this movie was that it was a portray of the type of comedy character thet Zack Galafiwhatever does but taken to an extreme of cringe that isn't funny anymore.

Your engrish hurts my noggin'.

Also the latter.

no jokerino, i've considered it, maybe i should just do it.
the dvd comes with 20 mins of deleted scenes, and i was pissed off knowing that it didn't come with any more. i don't know what it is about this film that strikes me, it's the first film i've seen in a while that actually made me buy the dvd. it's really the only good independent american film that i can think of that was actually good. regardless of heidecker's current status on Sup Forums, he's great in the film, and it really is a great example of a comedian doing drama

*good recent independent american film

You still have the DVD?
I would appreciate if you can rip the scenes since I really want to see them

I wish it had had a plot or that I would have known it didn't have a plot going into it

>yeah but real life doesn't have a plot :^)

don't have access to it right now, literally let someone borrow it yesterday. sorry about that, though, i do remember all the scenes because i saw them two days ago.
-after the bike scene, all of the hipsters sit under a bridge near the water. heidecker and wareheim start harassing two old polish immigrants on a park bench by purposely improvising long sentences that don't mean anything.
-turkington and heidecker walk into a vinyl store after golfing (the teaser), turkington purposely flicks through vinyl's as slowly as possible while heidecker waits for him to hurry up near the entrance.
-after the hospital visit, heidecker and wareheim drink on the roof and start talking about how shitty williamsburg is.
-heidecker has a long awkwad lunch with his sister-in-law and starts banging his fork against his plate.
-heidecker talks to his sister-in-law in his underwear on top of his boat.
i'd buy the dvd if i were you, while it's not much (the movie, a meh commentary between alverson and heidecker, and the deleted scenes), it's still worth owning cause the dvd cover is pretty cool.
anyway, i might just have to email alverson later now that you mentioned it, i need that 3-4 hour cut.

>williamsburg

This movie and Hyde hate Williamsburg. Is it that bad?

>i'd buy the dvd if i were you
Wish I could,as it stand I will try to find someone that has PTP account and see if they could snatch it for me.
Thanks again.

>surf on to Sup Forums
>top two threads are Spring Breakers and The Comedy