The ice caps will have all melted by 2014

>the ice caps will have all melted by 2014

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimmock_v_Secretary_of_State_for_Education_and_Skills#The_nine_inaccuracies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I highly doubt this is what was said

Al Gore said the world was going to end by 2016. Even had a doomsday clock.

yeah, then most countries and companies actually took measures to limit their environmental impact and things got a little better but not enough
I don't expect you to know this tho since there isn't an infograph for easier digestion of the info

Well Drumpf did get elected so he was right in a way

how convenient for you

>china super power in 20 years (1990)
>india super power in 20 year (1990)
>wars for water
>oil will finish in the next 50 years

What are some more leftist memes?

>t-t-things g-got a-a little b-b-better
nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum/

That's a lie. You're lying.

The only liar is you.

We will soon be able to sail through the arctic all year round.

A chunk of Antartica the size of the UK will soon snap off.

What did you hope to achieve op?

Id like a source for that

Yea, if they could have only have been prophets and realized that the Sun will enter in a period of significantly reduced activity....

Its another Alt righters don't believe in climate change in an attempt to be contrarian despite not having an iota of understanding of climate science. ;')

Al Gore said there was X years until we reach the point of no return. Where nothing was humanely possible with existing technology to reverse or stall the coming climate catastrophe. He never said the world would end and you're being dishonest by suggesting it.

But what do I care, you'll live long enough to see millions of refugees swarming your gates.

>ah ah, you care about the planet? fucking nu-male piece of shit!

>excessive ellipses
>conjecture
You're just missing a "sweetie"

Got another Hillarybaby mad that no one believes the meme anymore

>OP loses the argument in about 10 replies
>Only thing left is to browse folder of saved numales like the cuck he is

>it's another muh ebil alt right episode
Obsessed

>redditspacing
You have to go back

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you actually believe this

Dr. Hansen, the main climate change dude at NASA said in 1995 there would be over 1 billion deaths a year from climate change in 2015 and that the earth would be in an apocalyptic state

this is the MAIN dude at NASA

shows you how fucking retarded (((scientists))) can be

Donate to my climate change fund! Nevermind that I am constantly wrong, we have to stop those RIGHT WINGERS from using the wrong energy that I have no investments in! We need to invest in energy that I have stock in!

If these leftists care so much about the climate why don't they nuke India and China?

Al Gore started Current TV which was a channel that was supposed to be liberal propaganda for subjects like Climate Change

Then Al Gore happily sold it for 500 million to Qatar a couple years later

Really makes you think

I've been here more than 10 years, YOU are the tourist here. You go back

Source it

Yeah dude, it's not as if science is constantly adapting and improving its understanding of details within a generally understood consensus.

Doctors don't have a comprehensive understanding of the precise causes of cancer and can't give totally accurate predictions about how cancer operates, therefore cancer doesn't exist.

Doom sayers said we'd run out of oil by 2015 too. The truth is fuck jews with an agenda they don't know shit

yes I believe governments and companies changed the way they acted since that's a fact

>redditspacing
>10 years
Absolute newfag. You have to go back.

I wish I was this retarded. It seems nice

Do you even know what a nuke does?
Did you think it was funny when you clicked post?

Al Gore developed global warming as a method of garnering political power after taking a class with a guy named Dr. Roger Revelle at Boston University.

Roger Revelle was the pioneer in studying the link between CO2 and global temperature, Roger Revelle believed that man made CO2 emissions could impact climate in his early studies.

Al Gore said that Roger Revelle was his 'mentor,' school records indicate Al Gore got a D in Roger Revelles class and was absent most of the time, Roger Revelle said he never remembered anything about Al Gore

Roger Revelle spent the last 10 years of his life campaigning that politicians like Al Gore and those at the UN had perverted his studies as a way to gain political power. Al Gore and the UN said he had become 'senile' despite still publishing peer reviewed papers until his death. The UN then created an award for those who 'combat climate change' called the Roger Revelle award. The first recipient was...Al Gore.

Leftists and the UN should be nuked with 500 nuclear bombs.

No scientists worth it's salt said anything about a pandemic event sweeping the earth. The problem is that a gradual process that will end witg bad consequences for the environment which will affect how we live if we don't change doesn't sound scary enough so the liberals pushed retatded shit with no basis that, surprise surprise, didn't happen. So now what? We have a lot of retards who are confident that CC isn't real because they haven't seen some end of the world scenario.

you actually believe that governments and corporations reduced CO2 emissions after Al Gores little piece of propaganda came out?

I remember being told in primary school that oil would have all run out by now.

not because of it obviously

You clearly already are so you can stop wishing for it.

Don't be so disingenuous, you know that the argument isn't about scientific accuracy but rather about unscientific people talking incomplete/immature/straight up wrong data and spinning what passes for a popsci story around it. Did any of the guys who made that shit throw the money made from it back into meteorological research? I don't. Know, do you?

The larger issue here of course is that climate change, like all other "current affair" preoccupations pushed by (yes, I know, and sorry) the mainstream media is nothing more than a type of soft thought control usually designed to eventually end up with monetary profit as a goal. Consider this: Without all these grandstanding docus, al gore, Greenpeace media presence, would anyone give a shit about the ice caps melting aside from the few researchers devoted to the subject? Do you not find it strange that you're expected to have an opinion on it now even though in all likelihood you're uninformed about the subject? THAT is also the aim of these things, and it's scary.

t. nu-male SJW cuck mangina redditor

Termites emit 40x more CO2 per year than all of mans combined emissions

95% of green house gas is water vapor
2% of green house gas is CO2

CO2 accounts for 0.04% of the total atmosphere

Man has contributed 0.004% to this 0.04%

There have only been 2 other points in the past 800 million years where CO2 levels have been as low as they are today, we are at 400ppm, historical average CO2 levels with abundant life on the planet is 2700ppm

there is no place to go but up

Define redditspacing kid

>Termites emit 40x more CO2 per year than all of mans combined emissions

Are termites digging up fossil fuels though?

Pressing [ENTER] 2 times in a row.

But he obviously only pressed it once, as I just did.

so fucking what if the icecaps melt? that only leads to the ocean becoming a little colder leading to overall lower temperatures, or what retards call a "ice age"
no one gives a shit exept people living at the sea, and they can all drown for what I care

>i dont understand why someone would create a sense of emergency when it might cause people to change their habbits

What is nuclear winter?

no they fart out CO2

a lot of it

>Grrr it's all the fault of the damn maynstreem meedja for drawing our attention to science! I wish we could go back to the days when we didn't know about bad things happening and it was common to believe silly bullshit like smoking being good for you.

>redditspacing

It sure slowed down China, India and every other developing 3rd world country, right?

>lying is fine
>why doesn't anyone believe me?
Wew lad

>redditspacing

Well, what If I told you that what ypu think as statistically insignificant is actually affecting the climate? You are being naive by thinking that. Either way, you are factually wrong and it's really 3%. That little up thick is significant because it really puts a stress on the Carbon cycle and all the CO2 that gets trapped in the lower atmosphere is what is causing the warming through the well researched greenhouse effect.

Which brings me to my second point which is that water bs you are talking about. Yea water os the strongest greenhouse gas by far, but did you forgot that it fucking rains sometimes? Water vapor doesn't stayes up there throughout the year.
Underage b&
It doesn't actually create scientific interest or understanding though. Global warming is a thing and it's caused by humans, but it will not destroy humanity.

Ah, if only this one man had such power of word that he could change the mind of literally every other person in the world including ones who don't speak his language. I'm sure you know many people like this though.

I do believe in climate change. It is very real, but we don't know if it's natural or man-made. An Inconvenient Truth was nothing more well-edited propaganda made by an oil barron who believed heavy metal would convert children to satanism.

Then wouldn't it make more sense to limit the population of termites?

So they don't dig up fossil fuels then? ok

>I don't have any actual argument so I'll throw pictures at them and hope they cry harder than me
Looking forward to that emoji movie user?

Not what I said at all, either you are being obtuse by choice, or I wrote poorly, for which I apologise.

My point is that none of this actually has to do with the science of the issue at hand but rather with creating new markets, a new consensus and a new divisory issue, the objectively being firstly to make money and secondly to add a further mode of control to the viewer. At the end of the day we all get to choose our beliefs but not many people realise that they themselves define themselves by someone else's constructed argument (ie I am pro/against climate change, rather than say... I care about the conservation of nature - it's a seemingly semantic difference but it's psychologically huge).

>but we don't know if it's natural or man-made

We do know though.

>developing countries have to go through different stages before being able to slow down their emissions
WOAH WHAT A TWIST
meanwhile China just made the largest solar panel field in the world and is spending trillions to go clean

it was also a knee jerk reaction after the producer saw a fictional movie and got scared.

>you have to burn ten times as much fossil fuels as the rest of the world to rediscover technology others already have

What kind of horse shit is this thinking?

It's natural, and we're accelerating it.

literally a drop in the bucket of an ocean of piss for china. And keep in mind the batteries used to store the power is an environmental nightmare. The earth has a way to deal with co2, but it doesn't like battery acid and lead seeping into the water table. Or rather, humans don't, earth doesn't care.

what does that have to do with the comparison between CO2 of termites and mans emissions

are you trying to imply that the mere act of drilling for oil is a cause of AGW?

>made by an oil barron

WOAH, we got an SNL writer here

ice age in the 70's, my dad remembers that

guys, the simulated fiddlefucked data is the part you should be looking at

not the actual raw data

see, the planets warming!

Stop posting well fleshed out thoughts on Sup Forums. You know these kids only care about shitposting. It's a lost cause,man.

Actually he did say the 2014 thing, but he also was wrong about the earths core temp, like way wrong if I remember correctly

>4 years ago it would snow here during Christmas
>now it stays in the 60s during Christmas

I ain't no scientist but something is happening.

>what does that have to do with the comparison between CO2 of termites and mans emissions

Perhaps you're retarded. What's the source of carbon for the termites' CO2 emissions?

Global warming deniers are like Holocaust deniers. There is no reason to discuss anything with them because they will always prefer to believe in garbage blogs supporting their beliefs than genuine scientists publishing in peer-reviewed papers.

>i'll just throw up a strawman and i win

climate isn't short term weather patterns. That shit happens all the time. Last 4 years here Christmas has been warm. Last year it dumped 5 inches of snow. If you are American, the jet stream can fuck shit up all year long.

It's 100% true.

Remember the 6 gorillian

Very few people are denying global warming. The thing people are questioning is how large part mankind is responsible for.

>it's real in my mind
I know

Except most climatologists do not question it at all. People who question it usually never published anything about climatology anywhere. Why are you believing them?

>strawman

He's spot on. Sup Forumstards and those like them laugh away any evidence as Jewish lies, and meanwhile accept without any level of skepticism evidence that affirms their positions.

>Very few people are denying global warming

Yeah now. When Al Gore's film was released these people were everywhere. Their argument has been pushed back so far though that it's not

>global warming exists but who knows if we're responsible

Next it will be

>ok so we're responsible but we can't do anything about it

The amount of climatologists that would agree 100% with the gore movie would be pretty slim, and most that agreed would probably do so along more of a party line than a scientific line. Is widespread release of CO2 a great thing for the environment? No. Is most of the CO2 released man made? Hell no.

That sure showed him.

>but we don't know if it's natural or man-made
Scientific consensus is man made

>No. Is most of the CO2 released man made? Hell no.

>Still doesn't understand

It's like people who don't get evolution. Just mind boggling that a simple concept can escape them.

Shoo schlomo

The big elephant in the room is that the simplest and most effective solution to the majority of problems facing us in the future is to drastically reduce the amount of people on the planet.

>ok so we're responsible but we can't do anything about it
Already started. "It's too late now anyway" becoming a popular argument.

>for no reason brings up another board and starts strawmanning it
Convincing

What don't I understand again? The movie wasn't truthful, and at best extrapolated in a way that objective science shouldn't, ie alarmist and political.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimmock_v_Secretary_of_State_for_Education_and_Skills#The_nine_inaccuracies

>yfw

Evolution is pretty easily understandable with archeology but global warming is a scam by scientists and politicians who are owned by "renewable energy" companies