It hurts to know TLJ won't be nearly as good as this

It hurts to know TLJ won't be nearly as good as this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't be worse.

this film fucking sucked. Enjoy your fanfic, I'll be waiting for a decently crafted SW movie

That will never EVER happen.

SW ended after ep 6 all the other shit films is just fanfic

so good luck waiting for a decently crafted SW movie

I liked it better than empire.

R1 was even worse than TFA. TLJ will shit on both of these.

Why is this board so autistic?

What a disappointment that was. The entire movie up until the final battle felt like one of those straight to DVD Disney sequels.

>R1 was even worse than TFA
how TFA was just a shit copy it added nothing new and the villain got cuckold by a WOMAN

I'm not kidding all the white people in the film are evil or dead.

>likes R1
>reddit racism
>ifunny.co
You... I like you...

The bottom row looks like Auschwitz

IV = V
VI
large gap
III
severe gap
I
power gap
II
reddit gap
VI
wtf Disney gap
RO

fite me

this movie was terrible

>rogue one
>good
>one gimmicky power fantasy scene for cucked plebs who are insecure

5*

Throne room was the only good part of 6

you've got VI twice in your list

Why is the second bad guy called a bad guy? He plays a good guy.

you know what fucking pissed me off the most , the reddit meme tier dialog exchanges being blurted out real fast with no emphasis like its some fucking B tier television show with bad writing and nothing but quips

>reddit racism
cringe

I thought R1 was complete fucking piss except for the last like 20 minutes.
TFA was bland as fuck throughout.

Honestly it's hard to pick which one was actually better.

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM

Which hurts even more when you remember that that movie is a pile of shit.

>>reddit racism
Reddit has racists?

>2 chinks, 2 arabs, one identifying as robot-kin and one white

really makes you think

this photo makes perfect sense, anyone who unironically denies it is an idiot

So you're saying you liked the new prequel better than TFA because it had more white people as good guys?

I don't know why I didn't realize this earlier.

remember when SW was about a farm boy who goes out and saves the galaxy from space nazi

I'm 24 and I feel old

yes

Star Wars wouldn't have worked if Luke and Vader (Anakin) were black, would it?

for all its flaws TFA was at least fast paced, entertaining, and had memorable characters like a Star Wars movie should

Rouge One is boring until the final battle, the pacing is terrible and the characters are bland and forgettable.

I hate both movies with a passion but I have to agree. Both are solid 2/10s though.

R1 was entertaining, TFA was boring and the Mary Sue ruined everything.

>for all its flaws TFA was at least fast paced, entertaining, and had memorable characters
It was entertaining only if you're a retarded kid with severe ADHD

Fbwp. It most certainly can and likely will.

following that logic you can say the same thing about ANH

why are Sup Forums fags so insecure?

But R1 wasn't entertaining either. There was nothing at stake, no risk, you know how it ends, you don't care about the characters (especially the obnoxious and smug as fuck main "couple").
Unless you are a [buzzword inslut]

Count me as one of the people who didn't really enjoy RO.

Quite a few moments took me out of the film and the most irritating thing to me was Jyn suddenly being expressive out of nowhere. When she had that outburst against the rebel council it just felt like a complete 180 of the Jyn we got to know to this point. Like what the heck was that.

>you don't care about the characters
Sounds like a case of you being a heartless bastard.

This movie was terrible. TFA was good

you can't care about the characters if 15 of them are crammed into a 2 hour movie and you barely get the time to get to know them

like, I wanted to care when the robot died, but all he really did was make quips, and they barely scratched the surface with jyn and the beaner

>TFA was good
GET OUT

he's right though

Why are women being pushed as leaders so much nowadays? I was playing Stellaris recently, and would you know it, the default faction leaders are ALL women as are most of the admirals.
It's getting really obnoxious.

We live in a capitalist society. Let your wallet do the talking. Pass this message on.

IKR

all the new stuff in SW have a women being pushed as leaders

I didn't mind playing as a woman but they all look like dykes

put MEN back in charge

>All the white people are either evil or dead

....so like in rl then?

No it was pure shit.

To be honest I even prefered Episode VII to this mess. All this hope and sacrifice bullshit made me wanna puke. It was like the cringe of FFXIII all over again.

TFA had more memorable characters but in every other category R1 was better than TFA. Every single one.

>Sup Forums all of a sudden likes ep. VII more than R1

how so? I'm pretty sure there were less practical effects and more CGI in R1, the visuals and directing were bog standard whereas Abrams at least has his own style and knows how to maintain a fast pace with the types of shots, camera and character movements used etc. which makes for a good viewing experience, the music in R1 was also shit and TFA at least had the Jedi steps theme and Rey's theme

Please tell me you are trolling and that you didn't actually feel something for the characters in Rogue 1.

Switch TFA and RO and you, good sir, have the official, truly patrician ranking.

5>1>6>4>3>2>ewok movies>holiday special >power gap > r1 > tfa

Not the user you're responding to but it made me sad when the robot died. Couldn't care less about the human characters tho

What if I actually cared more about Raddus, the random rebel pilots, and those random imperial scientists who all got killed than I did for any major character?

This North American Sidewalk Apeā„¢ gets it

R1 was ok, had at least some redeeming qualities. TFA had non, shit writing, shit action.

That's still pretty silly.
But he's just a computer they reprogrammed from "evil" to "good". Probably the least human robot in the whole of Star Wars.

I'll never understand what people see in this movie. It went out of its way not to include anything that actually makes Star Wars enjoyable.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND
I APPLAUDED IT FOR BEING DIFFERENT

I liked some x-wing scenes that reminded me of playing Rogue Squadron when I was a kid. Everything else was done wrong imo.
I've read a lot of EU and played a lot of videogames and all of them felt more like part of Star Wars than Rogue One (and TFA) did.

>this fucking shit again
Oh God I can't fucking wait for Star Wars season on Sup Forums again, totally makes me love this board.

Both movies are trash.
TFA at least had a competent director and a decent script. The result is bland and mostly forgettable, but the movie is good. It's directed competently, it has some memorable scenes and characters and the structure is fine. Take your kids and you're in for some fun time.
Detractors can only say "Mary Sue" and "Muh New Hope", and that are completely right with that.

R1 is unfiltered garbage, salvaged from a bold idea that could be something interesting, a bunch of people in board rooms took something original and made it bland safe trash.
Pacing is shit, characters are shit, actors are wasted, nothing makes sense, only the final fight and one Vader scene is exciting.
It's like the blandest most uninspired generic Marvel movie given a Star Wars skin. It's fucking worse than Return of the Jedi and less inspired than the fucking prequels, I hate this shit.

Fuck everything related to Disney Star Wars, by the way.

When Rogue One was first announced I thought it was going to be a Rogue Squadron type deal where they followed a group of X wing pilots.

Nice pasta.

Same here. I expected to see Wedge at least.

>chaotic neutral
based

Same. Shame it turned into what it is.

I think the only reason a vocal number of people like R1 is because it's so "tragic" having all the characters dying.
There's really nothing good about the movie, besides the Scarif spectacle climax.

People think it's a mature story for adults just because the cast dies.
I don't even.

I thought the movie was gonna be a heist type movie with slight elements of space horror inspired by alien, where the role of the 'alien' would have been played by Darth Vader, and most of the movie would have taken place on board of the Death Star and there would only be like 2-3 characters
it would have been kino

>TFA
>it has some memorable scenes
Such as?

I think it's because of the Darth Vader going turbo reddit scene. It's perfect for those that call themselves fans but aren't die hard crazy Star Wars nerds.

Han Solo's death was kino

Vader should have slaughtered the main heroes, not just some random mooks.

You know RO to me represents the sad reality that we will never see star wars evolve beyond the OT because nostalgiafags are too busy sucking it dry. That being said at least it was an entertaining damnation and not the glorified 13 year old fanfiction that was TFA.

How people think rey has more personality than jyn I'll never understand. At least jyn had an actual character arch.

I made you a bird.

When the robot gives Finn the thumbs up using a lighter (this is the scene 2 friends of mine quoted as memorable).

T R A I T O R
R
A
I
T
O
R

DUDE

FORCE TREES AND SKYWALKER SLOTHS LMAO

>How people think rey has more personality than jyn I'll never understand. At least jyn had an actual character arch.

Rey at least had a personality, it was a shitty one but it was there.
Jyn is barely a fucking character, m8.

>Han Solo's death was kino
Bullshit. He just walked up to his son and got killed.

Rogue One was good.
Deal with it.

I think Rogue On should of be a video game like Mass Effect, not a move.

TFA was the worst thing you can do to star wars

All the sacrifice the heroes did to stop the empire was all for nothing because the first order came back and made another death star.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

>How people think rey has more personality than jyn I'll never understand. At least jyn had an actual character arch.
Yes but Jyn is just a tough girl that shows no emotion. Rey goes from tough homeless girl to someone who meets new people she cares about and who experiences new situations for the first time. Also she discovers more about herself that she didn't know. Jyn is just "okay fiiiiiine I'll help you destroy that death star..." and she's angry throughout the whole movie. Rey has a few more feelings than Jyn does.
Jyn only shows feelings other than anger as a kid but she doesn't even talk so it doesn't really feel important.

>Rey at least had a personality
Mary Sue that don't need no man is not a personality, more like a caricature of a personality.

Bull shit. Jabba's palace and the battle over endor are all great too. The thing that drags jedi down is all the time spent on han and leia doing fucking nothing on endor after luke leaves, they're just there for some stupid ewok shenanigans to happen adjacent to them.

that poster looks way better than the actual movie. Rey should have left that hood on the whole time, it's cuter than her hair.

the suspension and the way the lighting changes to reflect kylo's inner turmoil is great though

I really hope he turns out to represent some sort of chaotic good, somewhere down the line he thought the jedi are too weak and that he would destroy snoke himself from the inside, it would add a lot more meaning to his final dialogue with Solo

Fair enough, but at least it's something.

The final battle in Rogue One is amazing. That's it. The other half of the movie is okay, but nothing special.

Rogue Two when?

>they clone Jyn to help the bothans steal the plans for the second death star

Sad part is that this movie was a piece of shit

Are you serious? Jyn goes from a selfish asshat who only cares about surviving to a crying leader who goes out of her way to lead a suicide mission just for the slim chance that they succeed and to live up to her fathers legacy and sacrifice. Her entire journey is abput finding hope in both her father and the rebel cause.

Rey is a literal fanfiction character whos entire emotional scene can be summed up as 'please dont go back to your planet after fixing everything with your mary sue powers. Shes a reactionary chaeacter whos just there fo plot concerns and everyone trusts her for no reason at all. Her entire upbringing doesnt even reflect her character in any way as shes constantly just believing everything people tell her.

Jyn isnt trusted by the rebels or the others on her team at first because she is what she is. A survivalist whos only looking ito her self interests.

I wish the main character had been a white guy instead so we could still talk about how shitty it was, without "muh mysoginy"

I liked that rogue one looked like a star wars movie. That lived in feeling with technology integrated into mud huts, things are dirty and grimy, and the feeling that the story of the protagonists is just one of many events happening in this galaxy spanning civilization.
Its aproblem I had with the prequels and TFA. It all feels to sterile and clean.
The falcon is a good example. In the OT its fucking gross and grimy, you feel like you could catch something just from sitting down in it. Then in TFA it looks like a movie set with that awful JJ lighting that would be fucking boring on a tv show.

And it satisfied my space battle boner that has been left hanging since Jedi.

Donnie Yen was so wasted in this film. Fuck the director.

It felt like an OT Star Wars movie, you mean.
You are just saying that anything that isn't exactly like the OT is not Star Wars. You liked it because it had actual stormtroopers and x-wings and because it was directly connected to the events of the OT.