Who's the intended audience for this show again? Children?

Who's the intended audience for this show again? Children?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=76o3orSauwA
youtube.com/watch?v=IFIzpaurSGM
youtube.com/watch?v=hJHmCGiRIVY
strawpoll.me/10844281
youtube.com/watch?v=j05LVwGHy_M
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
apsalusiv.tumblr.com/post/147975503821/holy-shit-why-did-it-take-me-so-long-to-realize
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pre-teen to adult

>references to something only older people will get means something can't be enjoyed by or isn't intended for kids

I remember when people weren't fucking retarded. I miss those days.

so when is he going to jerk off to a comatose gem girl?

Gay...

youtube.com/watch?v=76o3orSauwA

Fucking this.

Does Sup Forums get triggered over stuff like this?

>muh cultural appropriation
and all that

Congratulations!

youtube.com/watch?v=IFIzpaurSGM

This show has a young boy and girl performing an act analogous to sex in order to turn into a trans adult, right in front of the boys father.

Redditors

Someone in an earlier thread got banned from Sup Forums for posting OP's screencap. So yes, they do.

"Oh, this is- this is nice, I, uh- This is the end, okay... Where exactly am I?! Uhm... Oh, grea- here's the song, oh good. Uhmmm, there's some things that are still unresolved here, guys!

Nah, he was inside, not paying attention.

Teen weebs

I can't remember if he watched but I know he's seen them fused. All the fusion shit in season 2 actually kind of triggered me. I'm not sure if they want me to be nice to lesbians or what they want, it was weird.

Faggots.

Oh yeah, they were dancing on the beach or something. I thought you were talking about the racing episode.

>Steven's healing powers are failing as he tries to heal a gem
>Spits in his hand and presses on the gem over and over
>He looks at his slobbered hand
>"This is so messed up"

Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums so no they don't care about your retarded liberal faggotry

They (like most other people on Sup Forums) do care when the shitty cartoon known as steven universe is being wantonly posted

>yfw when they actually do this

SUUUUCROOOOOSEEEEE

No one outside of Sup Forums gives a shit about politics. Keep your bullshit out of our waifu wars and we don't care what you "identify" as.

Cartoons when I was a kid had adult jokes and pop culture references that went over my head, but I get to enjoy them now

So Rocko's Modern Life and Animaniacs aren't for children either?

screencapped for when they actually do it

What is your fucking problem OP, do you think what gets you top grades in your Intersectionality class makes you super smart everywhere else?

The next time you feel obligated to ask randoms about whether something is appropriate or not, slit your fucking wrists because that's going to be a more useful action towards humanity than this.

> but

No, seriously kill yourself for trying to police entertainment. You are a drain on everyone around you, they just won't say it to your face.

It is the responsibility of cartoonists in their 20's and 30's to distill what they loved as kids into something palatable for a new generation.

Something like is superficial and silly- the episode where Tartakovsky, et al literally spoofed Speed Racer, a Japanese cartoon produced 30 years prior to the birth of anyone in the Dexter's Lab target demo, is far better an articulation of this concept.

> spoofing Speed Racer was daring and fresh

here's a dollar, buy some fucking taste

>Who's the intended audience for this show again?

30 something bisexual ukeleleists.

Maybe they should stop being so sensitive then

I cannot take that image seriously.

I cannot.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

Jeez user, it's almost like you're not supposed to or something.

What's this supposed to be a reference to?

Cartoon Network ran episodes of Speed Racer. I knew exactly what was going on.

>Crewniverse once again drags their fucking weebiness into the cartoon

Fuckin' hell lads, this to top off 4 townie episodes in a row, have they just run out of good ideas?

So we got what

Utena
Initial D
Eva
Astro Boy
Kiki's Delivery Service

anything else

Neon Gemesis Stevengelion

Those people are 30 now?

How did people like you even get into the show in the first place? This is exactly what SU has always been like, lots of slow paced SOL with occasional bursts of plot and drama. Did the year-long drought make you start confusing fan theories and speculation with the actual product?

>All the fusion shit in season 2 actually kind of triggered me. I'm not sure if they want me to be nice to lesbians or what they want, it was weird.

Definitive proof that Sup Forums has become the retarded 13-year old guy version of tumblr.

I remember when it was the mid 90s I enjoyed when an anime was referenced because anime was hard to come by, so it getting acknowledged at all made me happy.

I finally threw away my Ranma 1/2 VHS tapes from Blockbuster because I haven't owned a VCR in over 10 years

>show that's always had anime references and parallels continues to have them

stop the fucking presses

It's rated PG and not Y-7, so 10+

But no one cares about the SOL crap in SU. If wanted to watch a slice of life on Cartoon Network I'd watch Clarence

FLCL

youtube.com/watch?v=hJHmCGiRIVY

>no one cares about the SOL crap in SU

Please don't attribute your shit taste to other people, it's rude.

I never actually considered that episode a FLCL

But it feels like cheating playing crazy sunshine in the background

strawpoll.me/10844281

Discuss.

Tell me why I'm wrong. They clearly tried to make a point and did a terrible job.

Dragon Ball, duh

this then?

politics is everything, it effects the policies that regulate things you like, the life you live outside your blissful willful ignorance NEETbux leeching existence.

in other words - u salty

I think I want to make a delivery in Kiki if you know what I mean

yeah I thought the same thing with that I actually forgot the fan

oh yeah Garnet's universe

So is this the best song for this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=j05LVwGHy_M

youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

I hope they do something like on the show. Obviously it wouldn't have the cursing, but you don't need those words to be funny.

Nah
While the fact that a giant hand was trying to destroy stuff could be a reference, the similarities stop there

go cry somewhere else

Girlfriends

I found the full version

"Oh, this is- this is nice, I, uh- This is the end, okay... Where exactly am I?! Uhm... Oh, grea- here's the song, oh good. Uhmmm, there's some things that are still unresolved here, guys! How- How do I get home? Ah- whaddo I eat?? Was... Rose my- my mom, or... a clone, or... hell- was this all in my mind? What- What's a Gem? Is that- sort of a lesbian... thing, er... um... am I real? Oh, hell- does the van run through here? I mean, I'd like to go home now, but, uhm... oh, God, where's home? Okay, okay, okay. I mustn't run away, I mustn't... Okay I got that, good, okay. Now, if I were to run away, let's analyze that—where the fuck would I go?! I'm on a big blue ball!! Ahh, is this how you end a series? I mean, is this- where we go from here? Okay, the movie better sure as hell make up for this, I'm tellin' ya right now, cuz I'm stuck in nowhere-land, you ran outta ink too didn’t ya you bastards..."

well, we also have cowboy bebop

Does the bus run through here...

Where the fuck do I go

I bet by the end of SU someone will be able to string together End of Evangelion from all the scenes throughout the show's run.

Gundam 00
Gitaroo Man
Akira
Astro Boy
Kamen Rider
Street Fighter
Dragon Ball Z
Sonic (Sanic)

Garnet does some FotNS/JJBA tier punches with her water clone in the episode where Lapis tries to return to Homeworld using pillars of water made from all the water in the ocean.

I've been here for ten years and it always has been.

>Kamen Rider
???

This show tries way too hard to be anime.

How long until they reference something like One Punch Man?

It's about boys who dress like insects riding motorcycles

So glad I wasn't eating pizza at the time. They looked so gross.

I'm not a dumbass I know what Kamen Rider is, what was the reference?

Are you sure this is a reference? I own the fucking End of Eva DVD and this is a really shitty reference if it's supposed to be one. There should be just one big pizza in the middle if that's what it's supposed to be.

I didn't make any connection at all. I think it's just a beach with pizza coming out of the ocean.

Legend of the Overfiend reference when?

writer/boarder Jeff Liu is a FLCL fan

I think it's reasonable to assume Garnet vs. Water!Garnet wasinspired by JoJo.

JoJo didn't invent punch barrages

The pizza is taking the place of the two crucified mass production EVA units. The slices are even tilted at the same angle. It's clearly a reference.

Are you retarded?

Why do references like this? there not clever all all, there just too in your face for my taste.

ironically I made a joke sending an ask to joe johnston (who boarded that bit) and it turned out he wasn't that familiar with jojo (ironic considering his name)

I dunno, OP. My best guess is something like 9-14.

But here I am, a grown-ass adult, in love with this show (and Peridot above all else ever) because my slightly older grown-ass adult friend got me into it.

It's impossibly stinking good.

Do you not understand that the people who make cartoons are adults like you? As if Rebecca Sugar isn't completely aware of the adult SU fanbase. You retard.

>Utena
>Initial D
>Astro Boy
What were the references?

An alternate universe where Mob from Mob Psycho 100 was raised by the Gems instead of Steven.

Discuss.

Oh, that scene. I'd forgotten it. The box art is more iconic/memorable/awesome.

>Are you retarded?
Are you a fucking dickhead every time a mistake is made?

Alcohol! the cause and solution to all of our problems!

apsalusiv.tumblr.com/post/147975503821/holy-shit-why-did-it-take-me-so-long-to-realize

Don't know what the other two were but one entire episode was just a fucking massive Initial D reference, down to the shitty CGI car models.

And somehow Takumi knowing how to drive suicidally fast down a twisting mountain public road because he wanted to deliver tofu quicker was still less of an asspull then Steven and Connie hopping into a car and knowing how to drive.

>anything else
Naruto, but as a direct reference, not an homage.
Ninja Squad and Ninja Squad 2 are a satire of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, the much more brooding second part to the series that contrasts with the much lighter part 1.

>less of an asspull then Steven and Connie hopping into a car and knowing how to drive.
Gems, half-gems, and fusions are super good at picking things up and being amazing at them from the start. How many instruments does Steven have to master on a whim for you to stop calling an established element of the plot an "asspull?"

Tumblr.

Steven starts the episode going "Thanks for letting me practice, dad!"

References are only worth a damn when the intended audiences recognizes them. Inside jokes are for queers.

>"(Especially after my rant about dabbin’)"
They DAB in SU? WHEN?

Have you considered calming the fuck down?

Cars in motion, especially racing scenes, are really hard to do by hand anyway. CGI it is.

Hate to break it to you, but ever cartoon you ever enjoyed as a kid had jokes and references thrown in to things that mostly only adults would understand. Nothing's changed, you're just old enough to be the intended audience for those jokes and references.

>Inside jokes are for queers
what an odd thing to hate. sure its rude to tell them in company, but almost everyone has them.

>shit taste
>liking SOL

choose both

I think the comment was referring to how Dabbin is basically the henshin pose