ITT: Best Action film ever made

when did this subject posting shit start? is just people showing off?

It was absolutely cringeworthy.
Every single filmmaking element was atrocious except for the gunplay, which also was pretty fucking absurd (enemies with automatic rifles rushing at John for some reason, shooting with silencers is considered as completely silent etc)

best action movie ever made for people under the age of 15

nice meme

>this is the perfect movie

Pro tip: you can't prove me wrong

Dredd exists

probably the best of the past decade

i still have to watch the black and chrome version

Die Hard
Terminator 2
Con Air
The Rock
Predator
Commando
Executive Decision
The Matrix
Dredd

What a waste of money this was, got told it was supposed to be an action fans wet dream with dangerous awesome stunts and no cgi...THE FIRST FUCKING SCENE WAS A BORING FUCKING CGI BORING BIKE CHASE!

I could get more interesting action out of Notting Fucking Hill. Watch the Raid movies or anything else if you want good action.

OPs baiting for a thread about good action films. Which is pretty clever

I really miss these kinds of posters. everything is a boring generic photo these days

I don't know about the best action movie ever but I do know which is the most critically acclaimed action movie this year is and it is pic related.

the best action film of the last decade is dredd, no questions asked. mad max is entry level.

Total Recall is the best.

The holy trinity of action film:

Hero
Fury Road
The Matrix

The Last Action Hero

>regarding a completely forgettable capeshit film
>having shit opinions

>RT
Dropped. Hard.

Lol does it hurt knowing that it has a better score than Dredd, die hard, Raid and commando

The only time enemies with pistols ever fired was when John grabbed their hands after they walked 10m to attack him from inches away.

Recently rewatched this and whilst 2 has way more style and substance to its fights in terms of choreography and action, the storytelling of 1 puts it on a whole other level.

Rama + Andi vs Mad Dog and Mad Dog vs the Sgt. Are 5 star matches and nothing from 2 comes close.

I love the first one, and can't make my mind on which one I like the most.
But The Raid 1 doesn't really have a fight with as much tension as pic related.

despite some CG blood shite that annoyed me, they don't make em like this anymore

if they would make posters like this nowadays, they would make them to be 'ironic'

meh

Story wise that fight is just the hero up against some faceless goon he's never met before who happens to have a cool looking weapon for a gimmick.

The two fights I've mentioned are easily way ahead in terms of what's at stake, character and story telling.

2 is style over substance. But they're still both great films. You just can't beat the original in anything, sequels always have that pressure to live up to the hype and can fall into the trap of just turning everything up to 11. John Wick 2 is a prime example of this.

This is

good contender

It's a bit different with The Raid, from a production perspective. Because the director originally wanted to make 1 like 2, but he couldn't get funding for it, or something like that.

Either way, the 1v1 in 2 is a lot cleaner than the two fights you mentioned. Which I like in martial arts movies since it's easier to see what's going on. It also has a more developed tone and choreography where it's almost like these two fighters have a dialogue through the fight. I also like how it is split up in 3 segments: the start where they are toying with each other, the mid where they are fighting at even terms, and the end where the goon pulls his knives and they just go bananas.

Your two fights are much rawer and I think it takes away from the fighting. And even if the 2v1 was a lot better than I remembered (I just looked through them on yt to not talk through my ass), the 1v1 wasn't nearly as good as either the 2v1 or the 1v1 in the second film.