Old CN was objectively better

In 2003 on Cartoon Network, you could have watched all of the following in a single week:

>PPG
>Dexter's Lab
>Johnny Bravo
>Courage the Cowardly Dog
>Cow and Chicken
>I Am Weasel!
>Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
>Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
>Codename Kids Next Door
>Sheep in the Big City
>Dragonball Z
>Gundam Wing
>Yuyu Hakusho
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Gundam 08th MS Team
>G-Gundam
>Outlaw Star
>Tenchi Muyo
>Samurai Jack
>Zoids: Chaotic Century
>Transformers Armada
>He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
>Star Wars: Clone Wars
>Teen Titans
>Justice League
>Batman The Animated Series
>Superman the Animated Series
>Pokemon
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>Animaniacs
>Freakazoid
>Family Guy
>ATHF
>Brak Show
>Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
>Sealab 2021
>Futurama
>Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
>Trigun
>Cowboy Bebop
>Big O
>Inuyasha (best series ever)
>Classic Looney Tunes, Hannah Barbara, Popeye, & MGM

This is a far more diverse lineup, with everything from comedy to action to girls shows covering a range of genres. It was objectively a superior network.

"Nostalgiafags" is a meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

toonzone.net/forums/threads/old-cartoon-network-usa-schedules.5257061/
tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0SYQlrMr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> I need to argue about nostalgia
> I need to use 'objectively' the way we ruined 'literally'

how about you go get attention by cutting yourself instead

>most of the list are animes from adult swim

Most of these shows are Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network

still on cartoon network he probably could have just said tv network though

either get over it or kill yourself before it gets worse for you nostalgifag

I'm getting Nostalgia from this old pasta, actually. So the memes ring true.

But he's actually right

For all intents and purposes, AS is still part of Cartoon Netowrk

>watching television
>2016

Who the fuck cares, either torrent or stream what you want to watch. It's way better that way.

Part of Cartoon. Those shows aren't produced by Cartoon Network or for Cartoon Network and have been aired by several different networks.
Only the "cartoon cartoons" originals matter, and once you get past nostalgia you realize how shit most of them were.

It's not the same

You're right, it's not the same, it's better.

>Only the "cartoon cartoons" originals matter, and once you get past nostalgia you realize how shit most of them were.

>It's better
Fuck you, that's subjective

It's not bait if it's the truth

No, faggot. Johnny Bravo was 60% shit. Cow and the Chicken, I am Weasel and 50% of Dexter's Lab were garbage. KND is mostly shit. Courage was fucking gold, so was Samurai Jack and PPG. Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was retardation in cartoon form.
Watch them now and try to make sense of any of the jokes, they are boringly flat.

Maybe, but it was shit shows like Kids Next Door and Ed, Edd, and Eddy that made me realize I didn't need to watch TV and ultimately helped me stop watching it completely.

Most of them are Toonami anime

Also Adult Swim was the same formal network as CN until 2007

So what you want to prove with your opinion?
You don't enjoy cartoons any more user or what you mean with the word "objectively"?

>shit shows
>Ed, Edd, and Eddy

such awful taste
such awful bait

Pretty much what this user said. Nobody's forcing you to watch television, and the old shows that you used to watch are available to watch whenever you want online. People just want to bitch and moan about the dumbest shit.

CN unintentionally admitted they were shit when they remade the iconic 'CN characters go to the movies' pic with like 7 characters in total.

Like this user said, it isn't the same.
Old CN and [as] had a bunch of good shit outside of the shows themselves that made the atmosphere work.

Why even argue this? Anyone who thinks CN is better now than it was then Is fucking insane and you can't really argue with a lunatic now can you?

someone post the comparison picture

Not OP, but for the sake of argument here's some schedules
Here's CN's early 2000s schedule that is can best recovered
toonzone.net/forums/threads/old-cartoon-network-usa-schedules.5257061/

And here's CN's current schedule
tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network

>people defend things like i am weasel

I'm ashamed for you, stop. Those are cartoons are bad and that's embarrassing for all of us involved in this thread.

>those people that shitting on Cow & Chicken/I Am Weasel makes their taste seem better
You didn't like the kind of humor it put on display. Move along, you aren't impressing anyone and your fake-embarrassment shows how petty you are

I think most kids liked the humor they have. But if you can watch them now and legitimately say the jokes are good than I am, for real, sorry for your brain.

But having your opinions validated is fun...

>I am, for real, sorry for your brain.
Kill yourself.

In 2003, the rights to Animaniacs belonged to Nickelodeon
CN dumped the show in 2001

How about no, braindead nostalgic manchild?
With every post you make I feel more sorry for you, and for your parents.
It's a shame to share a race with you.

No fuck you. The Red Guy is hilarious and usually steals the show from Cow & Chicken any chance he gets. Weasel playing the straight man to Baboon's antics was almost never not funny.

you didn't like it, end of story

Yeah, well, it's as good as it's gonna get. You're no longer the target demographic, the programing is designed to be appealing to today's youth. Get over yourself, your glory days are over, just move on, man, you gain nothing from proving that old CN was better. It's not going to bring it back.

Wow great argument. I love commercial breaks and not being able to watch what I want when I want.

Autism: The Post.

>Get over yourself, your glory days are over, just move on, man, you gain nothing from proving that old CN was better. It's not going to bring it back.
This kind of projecting is pathetic

You think you're waging some incredible battle over there, don't you? We're on Sup Forums you buttblasted gayboy. Remember that.

How long until "objectively" becomes the new "literally," where it's incorrectly saturated to the point you can not use the fucking word any more without having some dumbass say "you're using it wrong :)" whether you actually are or not?

>shitty jokes
>shitty taste

I ain't arguing with that.

How is watching television better than just downloading streaming shows?

Oof, sorry that I triggered you, user, I'll be sure to spoiler my text and add a trigger warning next time I decide to come into your safe space. Now run along and continue your thought provoking discussion about how a children's cartoon channel used to be """"objectively""" better.

He was right though, you're fucking pathetic.
Now you're just proving him right even more by just slapping together a bunch of buzzwords like the dumb nigger that you are.

When people say that watching shit online is not the same as watching TV what they mean is that they need to make the conscious effort to go after something you want to watch. On Tv you just watch what's you, you don't have to think and make decisions and sometimes you'll watch something you wouldn't otherwise, just cause it's all that is on.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I usually lose all motivation to watch a show when I download the entire series and try to watch more than 1-2 episodes in a row.

>objectively
uh-oh, there's the secret word of the day
someone call pee-wee, he's gonna flip his shit about this one

>le wrong generation
FUCK OFF

>wrong generation
That only applies to things from years before you were born, you retard.

>old cartoon network
Literally the only people who give half a shit about how good "muh old cartoon network" was are nostalgia goggles faggots

Coincidentally, the same faggots post all that born in the wrong generation bullshit

>Coincidentally, the same faggots post all that born in the wrong generation bullshit
Except it doesn't apply to this because they were already born during this and likely watched it while growing up.
Even if it is nostalgiafaggotry your complaint makes no fucking sense.

>claims I have shit taste
>I ain't arguing
Yes you are. Too late to dissociate yourself now so go ahead and name something specific about the show or jokes you didn't like. You had to have seen it more than 3 times right?

If you can't think of anything then it pretty much solidifies that it isn't the show failing but more on you refusing to appreciate what the show offers. If you made the same claim about something like more well received like Dexter's Lab I'd ask you to do same.

>old shit is better than new shit waaaah
literally lewronggeneration garbage

fuck off

fuck off, you underage faggot.

Do you even try?

Have you tried fucking off?

Have you? Make sure to take your shitty bait with you.

>I HATE change WAAAAH
rule two

But the fishing is so good right here.

I used to watch old Cartoon shows every night until a few months ago, when they are aired during late nights in my country. Cow and the Chicken and I am Weasel have no punchlines whatsoever. "Look, it's a butt" it's not a punchline, it's not comedic structure, it's just a fucking butt. It's Family Guy tier of non related, non progressive, no focal point humor. Most of the episodes never go anywhere and end with no accomplishment or delivery, they just end, similarly to Dexter's Lab's final season.
My memory is shit, but I'm sure if I were to watch them now I could pinpoint the same problems.

Maybe your shithole third world country just has a bad dub, Enrique.

>implying I watch it dubbed

Nah, lardass. The writing was shit, 'sall.

The only thing I miss is how short the commercial breaks were back then.
But it doesn't matter anymore since I stopped watching tv altogether.

I miss CN City, groovies and the bumps where the cartoon characters worked in an office building together.

There's nothing wrong with waiting for what you want to watch and pacing how you watch, there's value in patience, things taste sweeter when you worked for them.

Also CN had GOAT commercial breaks
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0SYQlrMr0

>Cow and the Chicken and I am Weasel have no punchlines whatsoever. "Look, it's a butt"
See that's how I know you're lying, there was a lot more to these shows

everyone who ever hated Cow & Chicken or Ren & Stimpy just haphazardly labeled it as "gross-out" and patted themselves on the back, when there were a lot of characters with funny quirks, sight gags, there was good physical humor, and gags were set up in elaborate ways. Some of this stuff you might find archaic or just plain "unfunny" but we all disagree on stuff. You could have easily said you just didn't like the show but you had to be a brazen jackass.

NAH, NAH, NAH. Don't put Ren & Sitmpy there like the problem is "gross out humor". It's nothing to do with that. There is no more to it when it comes to I am Weasel (though Cow and Chicken does have more substance occasionally), And it was only years later, when rewatching, that I could truly assert how awful some of those shows were.
If you insist so much on me actually saying it's just my opinion, then fine, I'll state the obvious.
It is my opinion that most of Johnny Bravo's episodes, Cow and the Chicken, I am Weasel and third season onward Dexter's Lab are absolute irredeemable garbage that only survive on nostalgia.

>absolute irredeemable garbage that only survive on nostalgia.
Now this is what a truly completely garbage opinion looks like. You just tossed out the "rose tinted glasses" argument and called it a day

Haha, I had to berate you just to get you to show your true colors and now your shit taste is on display for everyone to see.

Well, he was right about later Dexter.
After the characters were redesigned the show lost a lot of its charm.

The show's writing took a dive after the redesigns too.
He did say "third season onwards" too.

I think humor was still there but I'd like to add the blow would have been less severe if Cavanaugh didn't leave. Candi Milo's Dexter wasn't pleasant on the ears.

>objectively a superior network.
>"Nostalgiafags" is a meme.

Let this stand on its own.

This. I don't understand why so many people on Sup Forums refuse to just torrent their shitty cartoons.

>things taste sweeter when you worked for them.

Waiting and working are kinda different.

Maybe, but it never really felt like waiting with old CN.
At least you had a lot of skits with the characters inbetween the shows, and you had music videos too.
The shows might not have been the best, but the in-between stuff from the City era was god tier.
And comfy as fuck.

>arguing to yourself about something we all agreed was true years ago
Go die desu

So wait, if I make a modern list, do I list all the adult swim and toonami stuff of today?

I don't think half of those even aired in 2003.

>it's a 'nostalgiababby bitches and moan about change over time' episode

Then quit bitching like a pussy and just torrent any of the shows, or at least shows with the original commercials off of MySpleen and burn them to DVD. If you really hate nuCN so much, just don't fucking watch it. It's that simple. Old CN objectively wasn't any better considering it was just dumping grounds for Hanna-Barbera reruns 24/7 before SGC2C, Cartoon Cartoons and Adult Swim were ever brought into light.

I was just as assblasted as you were when CN first changed their logo in '04, but looking back on it today I was pretty neutral to it. There were a few good shows out there, some were 'eh', plus Chowder, Flapjack and Batman the Brave and the Bold were the only good shows to actually watch during the network's darkest years of it's live-action shift before Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gumball came.

>this thread

>For all intents and purposes, AS is still part of Cartoon Netowrk
Oh then current CN with Toonami is still better than any trash with "Cow and Chicken" and "I Am Weasel!" in it.

I'd take Space Dandy over Yu-Gi-Oh! any day.

HUUUUURRRRR REMEMBUR THE 90'S????????

THE 90'S WERE SOOOOOO MUCH BETTUR

I don't necessarily contest that old CN was better my personal stance is that there were a lot more good cartoons in the early 2000's but we're starting to hit higher peaks, but anyone who thinks the present is especially bad clearly wasn't paying attention between 2005 and 2010 beyond AtLA (or just blanked that era out, I don't blame them).

There's some truth to this, silly as it sounds there was a sense of "community" there, and this applies to other channels. Then again, I also watched some network TV after a long period of going TV-free and cringed.

>2003
>90's
Are you retarded?

You seem really fixated on Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel for whatever reason

They don't air all but one show you mentioned

>Courage was fucking gold
>Billy and Mandy was retardation in cartoon form
>Johnny Bravo was 60% shit
When will you Courage fags stop playing around