Is he the best Spiderman villain?

Is he the best Spiderman villain?

Historically, no. But he is the star of Marvel's best current ongoing series.

Yes.

Doc Ock

Is Carnage even a good villain at all? He just feels like powerlevel wank in all the stuff I've seen him in, but I haven't read everything featuring him.

Carnage isnt a good villain at all.

The Lizard is best.

Joker minus control

can't even compete

Joker minus the pretentiousness.

I don't really read Marvel but how does Spider-Man beat him? He seems OP
I've only read Axis:Carange-man

Norman is the worst Spidey villain.

Nah

I enjoy his place among them, both his role in the symbiote family, and his larger role as the one incredibly dangerous mass murderer in a rogues gallery largely consisting of bank robbers and mad scientists.

But he doesn't have a lot of depth beyond that. Those bank robbers and mad scientists at least have compelling back stories and personal and thematic ties to the protagonist. Carnage is just a super powered killer.

He usually doesn't. Either Venom comes in while Spidey gets some sonics/fire or Someone else comes in with sonics/fire. The only time i can remember him beating carnage without sonics/fire is when him and ben reiley teamed up.

Carnage seems like an Avengers level threat

The best archvillians are philisophical mirrors of the hero.
The pro-tollerance X-Men fight the divisive political radical Magneto.
The scientific genius Mr.Fantastic explores and learns and discovers using his knowledge while Dr.DOOM! uses his knowledge to dominate and conquer.
IronMan tries to contain dangerous technoledgy while Hammer industries proliferates the supervillainy tech sector by selling their goods to anyone with the cash.
There's ongoing conversations between opposing factions of the same powersets, and each party believes they are doing what is virtuous.

Carnage doesn't have that, all he is is the flipside of "great power-great responsibility" but he's unaware that there's even a position that he's championing here.
At least Doc Ock was using his abilities with a rationalization and arguing that it was ultimately for the best that he abuse his themed superpowers as he does.
Carnage just calls Spiderman stupid and tries to gut him.

Your idea of what a villain should be is shit. All it needs is a well executed interesting dynamic.

That might be putting him a little high. Of the current team, Thor, Iron Man, Vision, and (maybe) Nova could take him on their own.

he is. a carnage spotting usually involves evacuating the entire area and sending in every heavy hitter they have available on short notice, which can be tricky with how fast and hard to track he is

Good luck filling the word balloons with that.

>Carnage doesn't have that, all he is is the flipside of "great power-great responsibility" but he's unaware that there's even a position that he's championing here.
>Carnage just calls Spiderman stupid and tries to gut him.

Sounds like you know don't really know anything about Carnage.

dumb question but does Carnage team up with anyone or he is a lone wolf type

He runs with a crew a lot of the time. Especially Shriek. Right now he's solo tho.

his usual team is himself, doppelganger, a multi armed spider-monster), and shriek, a woman with a sonic scream and mind control powers

He usually only works with other serial killers, for obvious reasons.
Team-ups are a rarity for the most part, typically because he's not escaped from incarceration long enough to form those partnerships.

In Maximum Carnage he had a team.

Also in a Batman/Spider-Man crossover he teamed up with Joker, which didn't go well.

Could Nova?

I guess three of them, but still it takes a hero team-up to take him down

Carnage should pick off super-heroes like horror movie style

I'm not sure how competent Sam is. Richard could murk Carnage easy tho.

He's half of the greatest

Can carnage even be separated from the symbiote