Ghost in the Shell(2017)

Way better than the shit anime version.

hmmm

Cons:
>PG13
>Hamfisted love story
Pros:
>Scarjo is literally perfect in this movie

it isn't THAT bad. weebs being weebs, of course, are going to shit all over it and give it zero merit. the action scenes were entertaining and the overall look of the movie was cool.

When is the bd release?

average but watchable if you're a normal person, absolute shit if you're an Sup Forumsutist or an SJW
cyberpunk always flops so it really had no chance

I actually liked it, wouldve been better with a different lead. I fucking hate Scarjo

was ok

>Sup Forumsutist
They don't care
>SJW
Sup ForumsJW*

I liked it too, I loved the visuals especially the town with the neon colours, the "living" ads and stuff.

You could say it's dumbed down for western audiences, but at the same time you could say that the anime version is too complex and made for autistic japs

Absolute shit. I'm not even a weeb, and Ghost in the Shell is one of the only "animes" or whatever I can tolerate but the original 1995 movie was really good. It wasn't a masterpiece of storytelling or anything but they literally could have made a live-action scene-for-scene adaptation of it and it would have been fucking great. They absolutely butchered a story that was compelling and interesting.

I also REEEE-d pretty hard in the theater that the opening shelling sequence didn't have the original score.

Go die in a fucking ditch you faggots. The live action version of Ghost in The Shell was way more KINO than the dumbed down cardboard anime '95 version.

They made an anime already? Link??

>Scarjo is literally perfect in this movie

Let's not get carried away here. She was not perfect but she was definitely better than still screenshots of the movie would lead you to believe.

If you put aside all the baggage and bullshit which precedes it, the film is a moderately entertaining 6.5/10. I suspect it is probably better than Blade Runner 2 will be.

I'd rate it 3 fat robot tits out of 5

I'll give you a (You) for those digits. But you're objectively a faggot.

>bad batch good
lmao

Wasted quads

Quads of massive anus pain.

It's the perfect anti videogame sensibilities trash like mad max fury road was pushing

It in itself was trash. There was zero fucking plot. They could've done much more with it desu, even keannu couldn't save it.

What's with you fucks and video games?
It's a live action adaption of a fucking anime, not a video game.

Kinographia pura. A must watch kino. Also fuck the anime.

>shitty dubstep EDM OST
>removes the message of transhumanism for generic "muh individualism is what makes me hooman" so dumb audiences can understand it
>Akira-esque cyberpunk world with neon shit everywhere

If any of you (without trolling) really believes the 2017 Gits to be better than the original, then you should stop just watch movies altogether..You have zero understanding of what makes a great film. Gits 1995 stands far far apart from the genuine pleb trash that is 2017 Gits.

Back to Sup Forums, loser.

dude are u hyped up for john wick 3
fuck yaaerr

It was fun to watch, liked the references from the series and movie.

It'll be bad to you if you were hyped up for it and had an idealized preconception of what the movie should have been like.

>brainlet that is overly impressed with a tired philosophical question that is a first year philosophy student's homework assignment

Pleb taste babies detected ahahahaaaaa

what's the question?

>he didn't deny being a Sup Forumseddit john wick drone
lel

Did i mention philosophy mother fucker?

I loathe John Wick

Then you're an idiot, the main calling card of the first movie is it's philosophical concepts of what makes man a man. It's the number one thing Sup Forums masturbates to when they talk about that movie.

The problem is, that question has been delved into for 20+ years now, and these pre-internet concepts are not fresh anymore - atleast to the point of elevating it as a central draw.

>i-i-im not
lel

I never saw JW, but why do people hate it?
I thought it was just an excuse to see Keanu Reeves in action?

Scarjo was one of the worst in this movie. Poor acting, poor movement, poor dialogue, poor everything.

The movie was really fucking bad. The first half was awful, the second half was slightly better but not by much. Should have never been made.

complete and utter trash with really slick art direction

meh, it didn't really have to exist.

Well lucky for you retard I'm not from Sup Forums and there are other elements of the original that make it great like artwork, animation and directing.

Animation is the art of bringing life to inanimate shapes and figures on a page. Taken as the sum of their parts, none of the shapes that make up characters by Chuck Jones, or Osamu Tezuka, or John Kricfalusi seem like much, but put them through a few basic principles of animation and they seem more lively and empathetic than you or me.

The approach taken by the Ghost in the Shell movie kind of seems like the opposite. Realistic figures that could be called a human, are made to move and act flatly, awkwardly, in all the wrong places. A large chunk of the time they are rotoscoped, poorly. A direction which makes no sense in anime, a medium that can be exaggerated and stretched and symbolic and meaningless. Ghost in the Shell takes these figures and removes any character they might have, makes them less than human. Ghost in the Shell calls this realism.

Paired with this desire to be realistic is a desire to be "mature". The film's idea of maturity being tits, guns, and grimaces. The full extent of the protagonist's character, is that she is a grimacing girl with a gun, her tits out, and robotic powers, all of these are fully apparent on the cover box art. The city this takes place in, which could have been an imaginative, sprawling Cyperpunk dystopia, seems more like Cleveland, Ohio at it's most dreary and dilapidated.

The premise behind this story feels more like the opening text crawl to the Phantom Menace than anything else. We're given little reason to care why these characters are shooting at each other beyond some in universe jargon and tired, "intelligent" tropes of transhumanism and hollywood hacking we're just expected to go with. I don't mind a world full of terminology and vague plotlines, but here we just have what could be a fanfiction of a fanfiction of a reboot of a rip-off.

1st one was okay, second was trash through and through

Not him, but In recent years I've seen talk about the film go into Oshii's film making techniques in terms of visual symbolism, direction and what he achieves through his use of animation and color.
Although this usually isn't limited to GitS.

Also while I agree we've had time to ponder about this idea I still think it's something that can still be discussed, and gits will always serve as a reference for this along with other cyberpunk works.
Now that we're actually getting pretty close to this kind of problem becoming a reality we'll actually have to start taking such considerations in preparation for a future where the happenings of GitS may actually become a reality.

The best anime films easily transcend their origins and stand alone amongst the best films. Ghibli's, GitS, Akira, Bebop... the most notable anime will stand shoulder to shoulder with anything western, eastern, live action or not. GitS is a film by all accounts, and a fantastic one at that.

It was stunning in IMAX 3D

> (OP)
>average but watchable if you're a normal person, absolute shit if you're an Sup Forumsutist or an SJW
>cyberpunk always flops so it really had no chance
This.
It was good enough. But I felt that this movie was not deep enough (I have not seen the anime).

Unwatchable shite.

The verdict is I want to suck on Scarjo's fat titties.

>Ghost in the Shell takes these figures and removes any character they might have, makes them less than human
>makes them less than human

isn't this the point? To make viewers realize that men and machine aren't different? GitS is a story in what could be considered as taking place in a post-human society after all.
Also the MC already doesn't consider herself fully human, and considering so many people have cybernetic bodies the robotic nature of the animation helps to convey that uncanny aspect of their being.

>The film's idea of maturity being tits, guns, and grimaces. The full extent of the protagonist's character, is that she is a grimacing girl with a gun, her tits out, and robotic powers, all of these are fully apparent on the cover box art.

That isn't what the film was using those elements for at all.
The Major is depicted often not caring how she outwardly appears because she doesn't view her body or herself as human, therefore she doesn't regard it with the reverence one would give to a natural female form.
However there's multiple instances throughout the film where Batou, will often look away or cover her with his coat whenever she's in her combat suit.

>The city this takes place in, which could have been an imaginative, sprawling Cyperpunk dystopia, seems more like Cleveland, Ohio at it's most dreary and dilapidated.

This was done on purpose to make the story seem a bit more grounded.
You have to take into context the time at which ghost in the shell and the cyberpunk genre in general started to pick up.
In 1995 Japan had just experienced an economic catastrophe (lost 10 years). After years of economic growth their entire economy just crashed.
This heavily influenced the tone of the movie and most likely shaped Oshii's view of how the future could look like.

tl;dr I don't think you understood or paid enough attention to Ghost in the shell

I think you're getting confused about which Gits he is talking about.

He was talking about the 1995 version, he mentions rotor scoping and such.
Also the settings of 2017 and 1995 look completely different.

It's good and weebs are mad about it. It's not great, but good.

the ending was such garbage.

FPBP

Greatings, paid shill.

A visual feast with interesting morals and issues. Shame the third act felt like a videogame cut-scene. Overall, it's probably one of the most fun films of 2017 so far. Not the greatest, but damn enjoyable.

>Sup Forums

It's funny how the worst board on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, always boogeymans their shit taste.

>M-MUST BE SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER BOARD

This coming from people who unironically still banepost.

It's great. Everything about meshes so well from the visuals, music and characters. Only 14 year olds and weebs would say the anime is better. I'm glad this didn't have the heavy handed and pretentious existential melodrama the weebshit had like "waaah waaah who am i what am i" every 10 seconds

Nice rare Pepe friend, mind if I save it?