Sup Forums BTFO ONCE AGAIN

Sup Forums BTFO ONCE AGAIN

deadline.com/2016/08/star-trek-discovery-series-reboot-female-lead-cbs-all-access-casting-1201801744/

>Star Trek Discovery will possibly boldly go where no other Star Trek installment has gone before — with a woman of color as the lead. I hear virtually all women seen for the part so far — and there have been a lot of them as the casting process has kicked into high gear — have been African American or Hispanic.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/oceans-eight-rihanna-anne-hathaway-sandra-bullock-cate-blanchett-awkwafina-helena-bonham-carter-mindy-kaling-1201801342/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did they learn nothing from Ghostbusters?

Did they learn nothing from Voyager?

>internet only series
>intro clip looks like CGI from 2002
>he thinks anyone is going to watch this

>with a woman of color as the lead

>canceled after 1 season

Won't be watching I guess. I loved Sisko, but I just fucking hate women.

WHO FUCKING CARES

>this

>DS9
>black captain
>Voyager
>female captain

no big surprise I guess. star trek has always been very "progressive" as you all call it, I'll watch as long as its progressive in the way it has been in the past ( pushing the envelope, interracial kisses but not blatant sjw pandering most of the time ) rather than how things are now. Safe bet its probably going to be the latter though and thus kind of shitty

I have literally never seen a black actress play anything other than sassy, stern, or street-wise. Ever.

Sisko and all of DS9 was great. I love how it validated various racial hatred a "yup, turns out cardasians are just genetically shit dicks."

>The Star Trek franchise is known for its inclusiveness, and I hear the new series will try to continue that tradition. There is speculation that there will be a an openly gay character on the show. (Of course, there also is expected to be a Klingon).

Why does the Jew have to destroy everything?

at least Janeway's batshit crazy antics were entertaining

4 dubz in a 9 post thread?

kek speaks in strange ways

It'll be shit just like the Ghostbusters reboot

DS9 was fairly red pilled though, and Sisko tossed all those ivory tower Federation principles out the window in order to win the war.

Sisko was overly dramatic.

Every movie/tv character is Sassy, Stern, or Street-wise

you're not trying hard enough jonny

Voyager was better than DS9 and Enterprise. Janeway didn't have a goofy looking ship though.

did you hear about this one today

deadline.com/2016/08/oceans-eight-rihanna-anne-hathaway-sandra-bullock-cate-blanchett-awkwafina-helena-bonham-carter-mindy-kaling-1201801342/

when will they stop fucking everything up?

Capt. Janeway was a bad bitch.

his acting got a bit ridiculous at times, but for the most part it's not too distracting
DS9 was pretty good overall

POL BTFO!!!!!!!

Fuck that line is getting boring

GARAK DID NOTHING WRONG

indeed

well yeah if they actors is borderline crazy thats to be expected.

Janeway was a nutter, Voyager was ok when it wasn't going full retard like that episode where Paris became another creature that got retconned out of the continuity for being shit.

>Every movie/tv character is Sassy, Stern, or Street-wise
>you're not trying hard enough

Deep-seated projection there bud. Can you find a way for your dad to un-rape you?

They'll discover what'll remain of her body if they trek hard enough.

Uhura?

I don't know anything about acting but it did sometimes seem like he acted like he was in the theater rather than on TV. Still liked him.

Don't kid yourself. It's going to be SJW infested. The Star Trek we remember is unfortunately dead.

Might end up being ok. Not familiar with most of the acresses, but haven't seen the ones I do know acting like feminist bull dykes

Voyager was amusing though.

Sisko batshit insane antics were entertaining
Janeway's were just puzzling.

this, Uhura was the perfect example of what a black female character should be

Look, Sisko was only good after season 1 when he learned to calm the fuck down, and he really got good when he shaved his head and grew a beard.

What's a woman going to do? Get breast implants and grow out her pussy hair?

who cares lmao

>Awkwafina

>what the fuck someones got to draw the line with these nigger names

>shes asian

>I don't know anything about acting but it did sometimes seem like he acted like he was in the theater rather than on TV. Still liked him.
He was probably trying to emulate Stewart but didn't know when to rein it in.

They cast the show based on the sensibilities of SJWs.

The show flops.

Blame white men.

TNG>TOS>DS9>......... The rest.

>Voyager was amusing though.

Fucking how? It was terrible. Terrible and bland.

It could have been a fantastic survival drama like BSG. But it was just generic episodic Trek in another part of the galaxy instead.

Ghost busters curse part deux?

>Awkwafina
what in the fuck
who the hell names their kid after a brand of bottled water

>hathaway

grotesque looking here

No, she was Sassy Black Receptionist, IN SPAAAAACE! British accent doesn't change that. Get over it.

yeah it was my first though as well

turns out its a stage name thank god

Is my tag in this thread seriously 5 jizz onliez? What if I want 6 jizz?

>DS9 had a black captain
>Voyager had a female captain

Combined together what do you get?

It's literally nothing.

Star Trek is dead anyway. They would have to pull a miracle to bring it back to its 90's glory days.

So yeah it will be SJW cancer but a female black captain isn't exactly anything new coming from Trek.

Jackie Brown

Captain Kirk is the one true captain. Everyone knows all other captains will always be garbage.

Janeway's crazy antics were funny imo. It depends on how you look at the franchise I suppose. I never looked at it as an attempt at serious sci-fi.

Whatever hapenned to the expendabelles?

>british accent
so you've never even heard her talk?
good to know

>Combined together what do you get?
>It's literally nothing.

on its own, and 25 years ago you would be right, nobody would give a shit.

Now you have a very high chance that they will bring sjw shit related to race, misogyny and patriarchy and what not, in every fucking way possible into every episode.

TNG>TOS

Kirk/Spock beat Picard/Riker hands down

Holy shit you're right
Just another reason why the original series is the best

>Wagon Train in space, faggots

Afrikangz in space nigguh. Yakub space pyramidz n shit

>Jackie Brown

One season of ham fisted diversity for its own sake? Sounds awesome!

>Just another reason why the original series is the best
I agree, she's still a great character

It doesn't matter who's at the helm - black, white, male, female... as long as they're a competently written, compelling character.

Kirk was suave as fuck, serving simultaneously as both swashbuckler and diplomat.

Sisko was a fucking badass... willing to do whatever was necessary to keep the peace, compromising his beliefs and himself, but never at the expense of his crew.

Even when the writing on Voyager was at its worst, Janeway still had the "get my crew home at any cost" gritty determination thing going for her.

These were interesting characters, not token placeholders determined by some studio executive cunt just ticking off focus group boxes. They were interesting, they were compelling, you wanted to learn more about them, see them face new challenges and dangers and overcome them. And that right there is how you know that Discovery will crash and fucking burn within the first season - because this isn't going to be a Star Trek show... this is going to be some retarded social justice motherfucker's idea of what a Star Trek show is supposed to be like.

It's gonna be episode after episode of thinly veiled, terribly written, poorly executed social commentary with a cast of uninteresting, mediocre ethnic and gender stereotypes.

You want an episode like Measure of a Man? A cerebral discussion about human quality and the nature of the soul? Tough shit, here's an episode about trannies with the subtlety of a brick to the face.

You want an episode like In The Pale Moonlight? Where an upstanding hero faces the impossible decision of compromising his own ethics in the name of protecting the greater good? Too bad. Here's another episode where we point out once again that a strong brave independent woman of color who don't need no man is always right and never has to compromise.

Why fuck isn't an Android a captain yet? Or a non-human for that matter?

Yeah you're right desu.

I think this is the real punchline of this whole thing.

Through the 90's and early 2000's you had all these strides in culture toward actual equality and representation.

Black captain
Female captain
Buffy
Veronica Mars

etc. All this shit. And then normies and feminists get a hold of the internet and what happens? They whine about everything and now all these new shows reek of cultural marxism.

Ever seen Jessica Jones? Or Supergirl? Or Agent Carter?

It's gone to shit, I agree. And it's a shame. If only they'd been patient.

Since we're talking about Star Trek, how was Beyond? I've been wanting to see it but I'm skeptical after the train wreck that was Into Darkness.

Also TNG>TOS

nah, just double down.

TNG reboot with Tom Hardy as Picard when?

Star trek threads on Sup Forums make me miss space elevator threads ;_;7

>Hillary belongs in jail.

3 major sci-fi programs are infected beyond repair with SJW leftist cuck fag influence.

jewjew abraham destroyed star trek. now this.
star wars destroyed by the jew jew
doctor poo is SJW in a blue box now. always was but to new heights.

slowly they strip every thing away. when will we fight back? ever? nope we all to cucked.

DON'T WATCH IT. IT RAPED MY BODY AND SOUL!

im serious. it was utter shit. i feel used and hat to shower afterwards like a rape victim

it was a shitty action movie

>Crying about forced diversity in Star Trek

Honestly? Pretty decent actually.

The pacing's a bit wonky and the villain doesn't really become very interesting until they pull a twist with him in the last 15 minutes, but it's got some fucking top tier action sequences, impressive visuals, and actually manages to work in a surprising number of funny and genuinely touching moments.

Definitely better than Into Darkness.

Discovery will have the first transgender captain

Cap this

#NotAllMovies

>The ship's AI voiced by George Takei

>where no other Star Trek installment has gone before — with a woman of color

Sisko was black, Janeway was a woman.

Jesus fuck are they stretching. If they wanted something new and revolutionary how about a main lead who is not white, black or asian?

Would you believe there are other races on this planet? Shocking.

if you want star trek.. well you haven't had one since ages.

Its the same thing as all the others, a sci-fi action flick.

>people here really think Star Trek was not progressive in the past

wow, it was literally created to promote the marxism, the fucking Federation is a commie shitshow and the story lines even with shatner were written to disrupt and manipulate

>It's gonna be episode after episode of thinly veiled, terribly written, poorly executed social commentary with a cast of uninteresting, mediocre ethnic and gender stereotypes.
>You want an episode like Measure of a Man? A cerebral discussion about human quality and the nature of the soul? Tough shit, here's an episode about trannies with the subtlety of a brick to the face.
>You want an episode like In The Pale Moonlight? Where an upstanding hero faces the impossible decision of compromising his own ethics in the name of protecting the greater good? Too bad. Here's another episode where we point out once again that a strong brave independent woman of color who don't need no man is always right and never has to compromise.

Modern Dr. Who has taught producers that America will gobble this shit up, then invent massive sprawling autismal fanuniverses merging the storyline with Firefly and MLP canon

>how was Beyond

It's the only one of the new movies that has a spark of actual Star Trek.

It just goes to show how little JJ and crew knew or cared about Star Trek when they made the reboot. It was shitty dumb action sci fi, it was a Star Wars reboot warmup. References were throw in like a Family Guy sketch.

Ignore the first two and watch this instead.

The first two remakes are watchable in a not-really Star Trek but still kinda fun, sort of way. The third is boring as fuck. The only twist was that the head bad guy was black, which I thought was impossible to do in today's climate.

But there is no plot, and there's massive inconsistencies in the whole timeline of events. It felt more like a 2hr episode of fucking Enterprise.

Voyager was shitty mostly because of bad writing and mediocre acting, Mulgrew was one of the few who actually played a decent character in Janeway but you can only do so much with a shitty script. I'm sure there aren't many decent female POC actors, much less some interested in working for this shitshow with a shoestring budget.

What they should have done is set a series in non-federation space, with space jews, space japan or space africa

You know, I don't care about the race of gender of a main character but you can instantly tell when they are trying to make a point with it whenever they outright mention it and think they are challenging anything by doing so, they will always try and act like there is some sort of bigotry behind any criticism and will always be less focussed on making a good show and being a little more focussed on shoehorning in shitty political messages, in fact, I can almost guarentee there'll be a "straight white men are bad" episode in the pipeline for this show.

It's true that Star Trek has always been socially progressive and been able to deliver good episodes alongside it, but it actually used to challenge social ideals rather than just pander to whatever the loudest voices on the internet are saying. I just don't can't see there being much vision for this show given that it's a reboot of a long running franchise that hasn't been good in decades and the claims of progressive grandstanding have already leaked out so early in progress, it's looking like another Ghostbusters 2016 to me.

I'd love to be able to watch this show and enjoy the acting of whoever is in it for their own merits alone, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

>The third is boring as fuck.

Did you ever watch Star Trek? It really sounds like you didn't.

it was better than Into Darkness, but it was still just an action flick
the bad guy is a comic book villain with a completely contrived motive thrown in at the last second, the pacing is 100% fucking stupid, half the time the movie feels completely directionless and one of the main characters has absolutely no reason to exist other than to be a strong independent womyn
it's got some nice space battle scenes though, and the big bad weapon is basically a souped-up kike gasser, so it can be entertaining but it definitely isn't Star Trek

Again with the look at this its so good because of race/gender/disability/sexuality. For people who want to be so progressive and tolerant they sure like to classify and grade people by these labels

Xeno-language expert and commissioned officer on the flagship for an interstellar empire. receptionist..

Also,

TNG>DS9>VOY.

TNG for the acting and dept.
DS9 for the alternative gritty dark take on the Star Trek universe
VOY for casual viewing and my many masturbation sessions.

Oi, the communism works though. Since they have infinite resources of course.

>Amerifats and Leafs have to get CBS all access to watch

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

you're crazy. please provide an example of a more attractive brunette

There was a black female admiral in TNG

This is nothing new for star trek you retard.

>with space jews

now thats actually what I would watch, how the scam, steal and back stab for the profit. How they amass wealth to only get betrayed by their own.

Who will be played by a hot female actress, and the transbenderism will only be revealed by episode 3 at the earliest, after many semi-nude and shower scenes. Phase 2 of the Great Faggotization is set into motion.

>in fact, I can almost guarentee there'll be a "straight white men are bad" episode in the pipeline for this show.

>holodeck malfunction
>theyre stuck in 2010s america during a black lives matter protest/riot
>black female captain gets shot by da police

If we had the technology they have in the show communism would actually work.

>Since they have infinite resources

this also kills the jew.

It was crappy show overall but every once in a while they managed to pair up a good writer with a good story.

I'd say it's biggest flaw overall was that the writers weren't given enough free reign by the studio to take the show as far as they wanted. Voyager should have been more like what we ended up getting out of the Battlestar reboot - a gritty, hard sci fi story about a stranded crew having to make tough decisions to survive.

The Equinox arc was the writers giving us a glimpse of what could have been.

The remakes, Noonga.