Western civilization and antidepressants

One in four women uses psych meds.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/nov/21/one-in-four-women-psych-meds

Antidepressants cause problems. I have personal experience what problems they cause. Seen what happens.

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/antidepressants-decreased-my-sex-drive_n_7024738.html

webmd.com/depression/features/coping-with-side-effects-of-depression-treatment

Some of them have ugly, very ugly side effects and women are massively using them. They are like first drug doctor offers to you when you go and tell that you have something wrong with your health.

I was offered them. I said I sue doctor for mistreatment if she tries to offer them to me one more time. Then she sent me to lab and other stuff to determine what is wrong with me.
Those were not mental or depression problems they discovered.

Your opinion Sup Forums - is "happy medicine" genociding us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eOScYBwMyAA
youtube.com/watch?v=bIyW_-6IILk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anti depressants suck. But at least they let me function. Fuck inherited bipolar depression.

So? It's not "happy medicine."

I've been on antidepressants for 7 years. I used to take Prozac but am on Zoloft now. A girl in my group therapy back at college was on them too.

These are joke posts right?

I'm on Sertraline (Zoloft), feels ok man.

Was on Lexapro for 10 years. I've been off for 2. I like being off better.

Lexapro turned me into a zombie and I spent those 10 years doing the same daily routine.

I really wish doctors would stop handing them out like candy.

Look where the fuck you are normie.

Fyi. Anybody in here having trouble jizzing on anti depressants, get on Viibryd. Sex drive low, but at least I can still nut. Can't tell you how embarrassing it is to not be able to shoot one off on a ONS.

I'm on Bupropion (Wellbutrin). I don't like it, but it keeps me functioning. Mostly.

>is "happy medicine" genociding us?
Yes, absolutely. Cull the weak, before inventing them we didn't have so many "depressed" people.

Why are you using them?
Why?
Just because they are prescribed?

>feminism works guys, w-we promise
Fuck them. You reap what you sow.

Because they help. They won't fix depression but they make it ever so slightly easier to get out of bed everyday

I was on Zoloft for a while

It just made me not care that I wasn't doing shit with my life. I got off it and let the pain of regret push me forward

I don't care, feels good, world is fucked and I already have 1/3 of life behind me anyway.

This is my theory - depression is "modern disease" invented for prescribing antidepressants.

Being depressed is just perfectly human state of mind and meant to focus you on your problems not eating pills (or dirinking as an elephant)

Me a normie? top kek

>kissless handholdless hugless touchless virgin
>can't drive
>zero friends

this

Yeah it does make you a bit numb. I'll stay on it for a few more months to see how I feel

For that there is WILL.

Did anyone try to do therapy and get off the meds? How effective is that? Did you have any relapse?

Well some people are not genetically predisposed for willpower same way not everyone is meant to be ripped, sure you can make some effort but 80℅ is genetics anyway

No. Why would they be?

I tried CBT before going on Medication. Didn't help me at all, just felt incredibly frustrating. Since I started taking medication I feel much calmer, been a while since I had a breakdown/cried.

When you go to the doctor as a woman, even if you had a gunshot wound, they'd say "have you been feeling blue lately take these pills"

Everyone born right now is the product of a hundred thousand generations of natural selection. The odds of being born with "unfit genes" are astronomically low.

You either got fucked by society or by yourself. In both cases, will is enough win you some happiness.

Ever tried suicide?
I hear that's a good solution if you have the balls to follow through with it.

yeah probably, they supposedly kill all moods and zone you out. perfect vegetative state for minimal political resistance.

dubs wills it. there are no "unfit genes," there are only a bunch of vague standardized classifiers and obscure psychoactive medicines of dubious merit.

>calling for the mind control pills

Sup Forums will inevitably blame women taking antidepressants on "MEN THESE DAYS".

That's what Sup Forums has in common with feminists - they both endlessly bitch about "WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE???" like broken fucking records.

I've noticed that too.

Then comes the survival instinct into play.

You're thinking of /r9k/. They've been posting more and more women hate threads I've noticed. Wasn't even this bad last winter.

Suffered with depression and a whole host of problems (delusions, insomnia, et al) for about 15 years and I've been on a few different antidepressants with no luck.

Zoloft was the first antidepressant I took. Within two days I was getting urges to kill myself any which way I could. It freaked me the fuck out and I stopped taking them right away. Apparently this is quite common for zoloft, it can cause a range of problems, from suicidal thoughts, to aggression and violent outbursts.

Remeron was the second antidepressant I tried. In general, sleeping tablets tend not to have any effect on me at all, but these (at least for a while) knocked me the fuck out. At my worst I've gone 7 days without sleep, and even after that I didn't sleep for as long as I slept when I started these. They also made me gain a shitload of weight and had practically no effect on the depression itself, so eventually I quit them.

Efexor is the most recent drug I tried and in general was the most effective at treating my depression, however it gave me sexual problems for a very long time (erectile dysfunction and anorgasmia). Also, for the first month or two I had this weird buzzing in my head, it was a strange sensation. Overall I felt a bit less depressed and a bit more motivated, but like the remeron it made me put on a shitload of weight again, so I jacked it in.

Overall, the best solution I've found is just to tough it out, because antidepressants are shit. I'd rather be fit and depressed than a "happy" bluepilled fatass.

My sister got addicted to Xanax and now has paranoid schizophrenia

True story

Tbh senpai, benzos aren't exactly known for inducing psychosis. I thought that was more of a psychedelic and amphetamine/crack thing

What about retards and people with debilitating childhood illnesses?

Surely that destroys your theory?

Broken clock is right twice a day.

/r9k/ GIT OUT

No I'm not, retard. I'm specifically talking about Sup Forums.

20mg of Prozac a day for me. Started two weeks ago. Feeling preddy good desu.

reeee stop using the jewish brand names for medicine. call it by its rightful generic name. stop being a goy

Go kill yourself. Nothing I said has anything to do with /r9k/, you spergy retard.

>According to Hippocrates and subsequent tradition, melancholia was caused by an excess of black bile,[4] hence the name, which means "black bile", from Ancient Greek μέλας (melas), "dark, black",[5] and χολή (kholé), "bile";[6] a person whose constitution tended to have a preponderance of black bile had a melancholic disposition. In the complex elaboration of humorist theory, it was associated with the earth from the Four Elements, the season of autumn, the spleen as the originating organ and cold and dry as related qualities. In astrology it showed the influence of Saturn, hence the related adjective saturnine.

Not modern Eesti.

>Surely that destroys your theory?
They are an extreme minority that occurs when recessive genes get activated.

anti depressants increased my sex drive

maybe if you still have libido you arent really depressed?

Why you started?

youtube.com/watch?v=eOScYBwMyAA

Sorrow is a human emotion. Diagnosing 3/4 of the human population and prescribing them happy pills is business, not healing.

Medicine is just a service field, brah. When you come in bitching about your mental problems of-course they're going to prescribe a medicine that helps ease particular problems you might have. They could just not prescribe you anything (which some of them do if they believe your problems can be solved differently, depending on their views) when knowing it's possible that a medicine might help, but that will also get them bitch at by those who want immediate easy answers. Hence why they give out prescriptions easily -- not because of the pharmaceutical industry directly bribing them, but that it's an established procedure among many fields of medicine, currently, to take the patient's word most of the time (unless it's clearly obvious they're misrepresenting something) and prescribe medicine to contain the problem.

Despite what all these people in threads like this say -- who profess their unbreakable mental willpower -- most of the populace doesn't. Look at this how a lot of psychiatrist do: most of the fuckers don't have the will-power to change the problems they have in-life even if they could; it's better to calm them down a few levels than leave them untreated and have them deteriorate into deeper depression and bad habits from their inability to do anything.

Was prescribed prozac as a teen. Didn't like how it made me feel, so I stopped taking them.

Then I got into health/fitness shit and feel better off. I lucked out in being legitimately interested/not just working out to get laid or some stupid normalfag horseshit.

Exercise does help you cope with mental illness (depending on what you have, the severity, so on), but if the interest isn't there, you're fucked.

I KNOW YOURE TALKING ABOUT FUCKING Sup Forums!! IM TELLING YOU ITS /r9k/ FAGGOTS POSTING HERE!!!!!

I've been depressed nearly 20 years now and never got a prescription. I don't know how you could listen to the litany of side effects and take that shit.

Just feeling really down and it was getting hard to function in my job. Like I would go some months feeling fine, then I get very dark moods. Also I smoked a lot of weed and overmasterbated, but I've stopped smoking so much weed and cut down on wanking too. I wasn't going to take it, but I talked with a friend who had it and was taking a stronger dose for a year and he said he wished he done it sooner and his life is great now and he's feels normal.

1. So one in four womans now suffers from "black bile"?
2. I was talking about modern antidepressants and their side effects not about melancholia.

really? they've pretty much killed mine

>but if the interest isn't there, you're fucked.
>tfw fucked

Can confirm. Been on Antidepressants (SSRI's) since I was 16 (25 now). I'll have to take them the rest of my life because of constant "brain zaps" every second if I stop, even tried to taper off over a period of 6 months and still got the zaps to no end for months after that.

The meds themselves only make me more emotionally flat tho, and that's not really a bad thing in most cases.

Yeah I wouldn't personally take antidepressants and am kind of shocked about their prevalence.

Only meant depression isn't new.

That still doesn't make any sense. Leave /r9k/ out of this, they are irrelevant.

Do you get enough rest?

Roastie sluts butt-blasted by the consequences of their poor choices.

It's true man, sorry to say. If you're not interested in health/living a healthy lifestyle it'll be near impossible to self-regulate without drugs.

Funny you say that because Im currently on prozac, was on sertraline before (which is basically zoloft) but the effects started to fade so my doctor changed it to higher pills.

I refuse to even take DayQuil or Advil. It raises the natural tolerance for pain and that doesn't sound to healthy. I just deal with shoulder pain from being a swimmer my whole life, and back pain from Weightlifting. I feel like depending on shit Ibuprofen is what's cucking the world...

Not when I'm working. I work night shifts 6 - 6 four nights out of every 8. Tbh I've only gotten really bad since I started this job but I badly need the money you know.

I eat healthily, not overweight or ill or anything. I guess my problem is having a healthy social lifestyle. Talking to people makes me feel ill.

Is loosing your sex drive and becoming obese bitch because of "happy medicine" not a bad habit?

That's an atypical antidepressant, you can most likely try another one if you talk to your doctor.

if anything i've lost weight since i started taking zoloft

Depression causes apathy.
I was depressed a few years back and I can tell you it's not fun and you will not have your normal willpower. The apathy is the worst part.

Being emotionally flat not a bad thing?
I can not imagine my life without passion.

50m freestyle time?

I've dealt with clinical depression my entire life. Back in May I just lost it one day and attempted suicide.
My friend called the cops and I stayed at a psych hospital for a week.

All my life I've tried everything to battle depression, except meds. I refused to take them because I thought they weren't necessary.
But the thing is that when you have a chemical imbalance, you never get out of it without meds. You could be exercising or doing anything to battle it, but once you're done doing that thing, it's back.

I've been on Zoloft since that incident and I've never felt better. Different meds affect different people, you just need the right one.

Are doctors over prescribing medicine? Yeah duh. But some people really need it, like myself.

Clap-clap

(((mental illness)))

>attempted suicide
Stopped reading right there. Weak willed attention whore, would've been better off dead.

Might be that night is not for you to be awake and your organism tries to tell you that.
Listen to your body, do not kill it's wisdom with meds without thinking first.

Question is - why you descended into apathy.

I never had any passion beforehand desu

>One in four women uses psych meds.

I'm sure women's liberation and this stat are mere coincidences.

Short course
>23.9
Long course
>24.3
World Record short course (Dressel)
19 something
Yours?

Ursoedgy

Chemical imbalance is the scientific term that was last used in the 1980s. Not a single scientist believe that s*** anymore

Femnon here, I take meds for bipolar disorder. I'm so scared of what they are doing to me so I simply try to ignore them. But the scariest thought is when I have children what are the odds that they will get it or worse, autism? I'm scared to think that these meds have an everlasting effect on my ovaries and what not.

Literally don't know a single female my age not on some kind of medication for her """completely real and totally serious mental illness"""

A theory for you

Nature is meant women to have children. To cope with the urge while working themselves sterile they are on meds.

Have depression anti-depressants only made me feel ill and sluggish and feel like a zombie.

Never again.

You're wrong. I'm in medical school right now

Hey, I was a fat fucker for a long time until I started actively losing weight and exercising. After awhile, you start to get a sense of achievement after pushing your body further than you could before. Give it a shot, look for a training, get a buddy, be competitive about it. You might change your mind.

I don't think people are made for modern wage slavery in any way. But it's worse on women imo.

Hope you understood.

About 3 weeks into taking Zoloft and Risperidone.Zoloft hasn't kicked in yet. 4 years of clinical depression and I'm getting a lil impatient here. How long did it take for your meds to take effect friendos?
>i run a few miles everyday so fuck off /fit/

Fuck off, cunt, I blame retarded women who can't deal with the responsibilities of life and so resort to using a crutch.

They'd be a lot happier being conservative, traditional homemakers, but instead they try compete in the field with men and realise they can't hack it. So they run off and complain about how they're depressed, or how they have anxiety or how they can't get something done because they feel bad. Then any criticism you have for them is just absorbed by the "I have a mental illness" defence. And boy oh boy are they all so fucking touchy about their """mental illness""".

Dosage?

Find a fine man to control your disorder and you can drop meds.I think. Give it a try.

Risperidone is poison that helps no one and will give you male breasts.

Slower than you, bro with those kinds of times you shouldn't be depressed

is there any hope in future for the mental illness trait ? Like some sort of thecnological miracle or something .
It's like our medicine is somewow stucked but not saying is not progressing

When 1/4 people of a large demographic use something, and there is evidence for terrible side effects, it is worth having a discussion about

>Women off her meds
>Good idea

I'd love too but this is the reality of what happens when a chick goes off her meds but 10x worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=bIyW_-6IILk

Celexa 20mg

Without it I can't take this fucked up world and lash out eventually

Takes the edge off

50 mg Zoloft
.5 mg Risperidone
helped silence some whispers
You're not wrong with the boobs, though it is fairly rare.