Has anyone seen pic related?

Has anyone seen pic related?

I think it's one of the best horror movies of the last five years, it manages to capture the zeitgeist of "our" feelings towards horror perfectly - it looks and plays like the prelude to a tale posted online years later, an urban legend slowly crawling to the light. I also enjoyed the mumblecore-ish intepretation of the actors.

Something similar you've seen and you'd like to recc?

Bump?

maybe try again tomorrow. board is full with shitposts and Sup Forums crossposters right now. i wouldn't be surprised if people who are actually interested in movies are out for a walk right now

Looks like it could be good, Ill give it a go.

Looks interesting enough. I'll give it a look, OP. Check out Berberian Sound Studio in return.

Obsessed

nice shill thread
i've seen it, it's absolute shit
awful cinematography
awful script
awful plot
awful acting
also
>mumblecore-ish
do you even know what the fuck that means?
>'best' 'horror' of the past five years
just fuck off
horror is a defunt and artistically bankrupt genre as your love for this movie proves, the fact that you're sucking off this movie when it was shit just goes to show that the rest of the genre is god awful. The witch is the best horror of the past five years and even that isn't incredible, it's a strong 6 at the very best.

Fuck off OP

Get a load of this faggot

wow what a good reply
go shill your shit movie elsewhere you stupid nigger

I, love it and actually scare me, that last scene

>t.buttmad retard

Please do, it's a hour and a half you won't regret. I've watched Berberian Sound Studio and liked it, but as far as contemporary Giallo movies go I prefer Cattet&Forzani's production. Watch pick related if you haven't already, I don't think there's anything else that quite captures Bava and Argento's eye for colors and tactility in contemporary times.

Man, you don't know what you're talking about. Horror movies have always been, and still are, the finest explorations of epistemology and hermeneutics in cinema - along with science fiction, of course. By exposing their protagonists to the utterly inhuman, they allow us to glimpse our nature where it is most evident, where it has to trace its own boundaries against the unknown. The Blair Witch Project and The Borderlands, for example, show the process of the creeping realization that one's understanding of the World is no more sufficient, lacking in logical connections that would enable us to deal "properly" (read, economically) with what we encounter. Other contemporary films like Noroi, Resolution, Troll Hunter, I Can See You and Occult, just to name a few, are examples of humanity coming to an understanding of the narrative quality of our categories and rational understanding of reality. Quite postmodern, I know, but worthwhile.

I mean, it's not the directors' fault if you can't find something to like in the cornucopia of symbols they offer you.

damn son

Does the movie actually have a message? Wikipedia makes it sound like what you should learn from the movie is that violence and anarchsim is not the answer and you should instead work at the ronald reaggan library CA...
I could imagine it being fun to watch with my anarchist friends when were high or something, but if wikipedia is accurate on this, and if, like the other user says, its also not a good movie in technical terms, I guess it wont be very fun to watch...

it's really not that deep
just watch carrie, the kill list,the thing, vampyr, et belle et beast or either noseferatu if you want a horror

isn't that movie full of niggers? so basically about some niggers in the woods cooking drugs? that's the impression I got from it skipping through it before I deleted it again

I don't think we're talking about the same movie user, this is about an african american nerd holing up in the woods to practice alchemy, european esotericism and black magick. It hasn't got a wikipedia entry.

It hasn't got a "message", though, outside of the age old, Lovecraftian saying " don't conjure up that which you can't banish". If you watch it, you might get your own. I did.

Goddmit nigga, try and watch it properly next time.

yeah i loved this movie, very polanskiesque

buzzard was good too

>polanskiesque
STOP
FUCKING STOP

po l a n s k i e s q ue

Holy shit am I fucking blind or what? I totally read the poster as Anarchists Cookbook...
Well disregard anything I said then...

As a proud /litv/ crossposter, I have to say that your comment is taolinesque to an amusingly frightening degree.

>taolinesque
STOP
FUCKING STOP
it's funny that someone is talking about tao lin, I bet OP hasn't even read/seen his stuff yet thinks he knows about mumblecore, what a cunt

Actually, I am OP and I did read Tao Lin. What a Foucault-talking-about-the-beginning-of-psychologiesque turn of event.

sure you did buddy
sure you did
except you clearly haven't because if you did you'd know the whole mumblecore movement is basically a 21 first century period piece about OUR GENERATION, and the apathy and inanity that we've caused and wallow in hence the M U M B L I N G
a man talking to his cat and himself about inane things does not a mumblecore movie make

You do see the parallel between Lin's alter ego's literary and drug antics - I'm thinking, especially, of the rituals of "love" and "matrimony" that included vision of cosmic jellyfish pulsating across the sky and all other contemporary pseudo-magick - and this movie, right? It's a Land/Kaczynski kind of dichotomy, the Heideggerian hermit that endeavors to contact Being through experience and the Baudrillardesque carnival of the senses that contemporary hyperconnectivity provides. Mumblecore was used as a descriptor of mood, which, I guess, was me sinning of excessive linguistical memery.

the more articulate you try to be, the less concise you become and the more SHIT you talk
this movie is not mumblecore-esque in the slightest and to draw parallels between this movie and the genre is sad as fuck, it just makes you look like a bit of a dickhead in all honestly
if you were as smart as you think you are you'd know this movie is just not good, you'd move on and watch better stuff and then start a thread about a genuinely good movie but here you are, spouting absolute drivel like anyone gives a fuck

here's a though pal. just fuck off

i saw the other two films by this guy buzzarsd and the one about the comedian and they were bith ggreat, but this looks shit to me for somwe reason. also i find it hard to watch a film with a black lead

The fuck are you two on about?

I saw the trailer. Is he making crack? Why would a black guy be in the woods?

Mental illness, alchemy, esotericism and demon summoning. It's kind of a decent /x/-fest, for once

ALRIGHT YOU FAGGOT. STOP SHILLING YOUR SAD ATTEMPT AT A CHEAP ASS INDI MOVIE.

YOUR FILM SUCKED. GO FUCK OFF.

Also the samefag in this thread is fucking pathetic.

Absolute waste of time. In all seriousness. Is your thread the equivalent of clickbait or something?

Fuck you. I'd like to have 90 minutes of my life back, you asshole.

Are you the director or something? Your movie is a piece of shit and you know jack shit about alchemy.

Fucking end yourself and jump off a roof.

>By exposing their protagonists to the utterly inhuman, they allow us to glimpse our nature where it is most evident, where it has to trace its own boundaries against the unknown.
You're very wrong, tragedy does it better than the escapist fairy tales that are horror and sci-fi movies. No need for imaginary things to reveal human nature.

This guy is absolutely correct.

Your movie is a piece of shit, friendo. The ""acting"" was abyssmal and that script if it was based on one was absolutely pathetic.
It ends with a cheap fucking jump scare, you dumb nigger. Stop acting like you know horror.

Jesus Christ you're one sad fuck, OP. Shilling your attempt at film on this site of all places. Please do the world a favor and neck yourself.

>I have nothing to say as I only watch capeshit but watch out for muh pol boogie man kind gentlesir

Sup Forums is a much larger board, go back to your subreddit if you're uncomfortable with the fact literally ever other person on this board frequents that and several other boards, crossposting isn't a thing fatso.

That's OP samefagging, you retardos. Are you dumb?

>crossposting isn't a thing fatso
I don't know where you retard came from, but please fuck off back there, you shitstain. You don't even understand what crossposting means.

I'm glad my thread helped people vent out some steam :)

Wow. Just kill yourself, you pathetic fuck

Go to bed Tao and Logo

speaking of alchemists, anyone seen this actual horror kino?

>OP

Wrong. Ill bump the thread again now just to piss you off. Lol buttmad, go back to your ebin capeshit threads.