The Ultimate Editon makes BvS worse

The theatrical cut is like being handed a shitty burnt steak with a huge piece obviously missing from it. The Ultimate Edition is your waiter bringing you that missing piece. Sure you have the whole steak now but now you can see how bad they fucked it up and you still are forced to eat it.

The Ultimate Edition makes a boring movie even longer and adds more useless plot to a story that already had too much going on.

Nice blog post

Ok dont watch it again

>forced to eat it

Should have asked the server to bring out the manager, perhaps at least you would have gotten a replacement; or at least gotten it taken off your bill.

>I'm terrible sorry to hear you feel that way, sir, but we also have absolutely MARVELous vegetarian alternatives on the menu as well.

Well, it's not like you actually paid for your ''steak'' in the first place.

a better metaphore would be a shitty burnt steak with a huge piece missing and then when you get that piece its covered in worms that quickly swarm over the entire steak

Did they try to do too much in one movie, yeah but was it a bad movie? Definitely not. It was a well made movie. Dope cinematography, dope action sequences. I mean aside from a great story, what more can you ask of a super hero movie.

A good story, for a start. Without that, why the hell should anyone care.

I was getting ready to rage you got me user

The theatrical cut is like being handed a top quality 5-course meal and the Ultimate Edition is desert.

It didn't do too much in one movie because they made it work. More bang for your buck IMO. It was awesome.

I saw the movie for the very first time on Monday, and it was the Ultimate Edition, so I can't compare... but the movie was at least an hour too long, and they need to do an edition where all the JLA-related shit -including the alien invasion visions and the appearance of what I can only assume to be the Flash- is simply excised.

I have not the slightest doubt that there will be one, although probably only fanmade.

The 'Martha' scene was the purest cringe I have experienced in a long time.

He should have opened with "Luthor kidnapped my mother". That was the only sane course of action in that situation, goofy though the situation was.

Plus: Climactic battle ends, and then FIFTEEN MINUTES OF EPILOGUE?

autism

>Dope cinematography

BvS should be shown in film schools to see the honest difference between good direction and good cinematography, and how one doesn't equal the other.

>hire Larry Fong to make your movie pretty

>then shoot everything in close-ups so you can't see anything outside of a couple obvious attempts at "iconic" shots, have flat two-shot staging for a lot of the conversations and shoot the action like a blurry digital mess with no sense of flow or geography outside of the warehouse scene which is Zack Snyder robbing The Raid blind

If you ever wanted to know what the actual difference between the DoP and the director is, BvS is the perfect example.

Got it in one. Have anything insightful to add about the movie, flatscan?

>BvS should be shown in film schools to see the honest difference between good direction and good cinematography, and how one doesn't equal the other.
This is an extremely good idea

You have no idea how much the direction triggered me watching BvS.

>Yeah let's just zoom in on everyone's faces for every conversation like you're watching the end of Dial M For Murder, who cares if it makes literally no sense?

>JUST KEEP SNAP-ZOOMING IN ON EVERYTHING, JUST ZOOM MY SHIT UP SENPAI

>how do i make Batman in a Mad Max duster look stupid? how about the flattest, most boringly-shot fight scene imaginable with bizarre editing every time Bats shoots someone because I'm too retarded to figure out how to shoot for PG-13

>how do i make sure literally no one can take the Martha scene seriously? Let's shove the camera right up Affleck's fucking nose when he's losing his mind, so you get to see just how retarded he looks in that metal mask as he does his best Nic Cage freakout impression

B-but muh kino!

im gonna write down anons points so i can bring them up against faggots that try to defend the film

>The Ultimate Edition is your waiter bringing you that missing piece

And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.

Also:

>Let's use elements, even quotes, from The Dark Knight Returns even though the background to this movie is completely different!

I'm blushing, senpai.

Oh god, the fucking scenes stolen from TDKR without context made me so mad.

Also I forgot

>Instead of giving you the grand, city-spanning "gladiator match of the century" that everyone wanted, it's two guys punching each other in a dilapidated building like the end of a DTV Steven Seagal movie.

Where's the use of environment that Miller had. I couldn't even enjoy the actual BvS fight on a lizard-brain "Oh man Bats and Supes are throwing down!" level because of how goddamn boring the choreography was.

It really does baffle me that despite all the problems there are still people that defend this film

What the hell is this image? Why would you have a ton of marshmallows on a platter?

The actual BvS fight was terrible.

BvS is a shit sandwich.

BvS:U is the same sandwich, with extra bread.