Ideas thread

Post your movie ideas and rate others:

) Newly appointed, inexperienced sheriff struggles with the case of missing girl in the small rural town in Mississippi in 1980s. There would be a lot of Southern Gothic themes, inspired by Faulkner and Dostoevsky.

2) Paranormal mystery-comedy set in the rural England in the 1970s, where the hazy reporter who does a lot of drugs would come to the village in which owner of the castle above village may or may not be a vampire. It would be very scooby-doo-esque.

3)After failing to assassinate leader of Eastern Germany, KGB agent flees to Western Europe or USA where he discovers more sinister plot going on, maybe few paranormal touches. It would be inspired a little by Ian Fleming and Thomas Pynchon.

4) City doctor comes to the village where girl suffers from mysterious disease seemingly coming from a forest above village, with a subtle apocalyptic feeling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0McCB9rTqM
youtube.com/watch?v=2yBH6lhRBOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You fucking beat me to making a new thread.

Try your best to include a [CHARACTER] a [GOAL] and [OBSTACLES/CONFLICT]. Maybe even a [MORAL] if you're feeling sexy!

Remember, if it's good, I'm going to steal it because I care so much about making your shitty idea a reality instead of focusing on my shitty idea.

My idea is a 20-something in supernatural circumstances who doesn't get the girl in the end.

fuck, this pic pissed me off

Two Bruce Lee obsessed ninja-trainees abandon their master to fight yakuza-death-cult in 1980's Osaka.

Fucking Reddit ruins everything
Gonna dump some ideas anyway, none that I'm planning on not planning on writing anyway

1) Cowboy on the Western Front
In the dying west, one of the last big gang leaders is arrested, and due to his German origins, they decide to ship him off to England to join they're army, as WWI is entering full force. That's pretty much it. Just American Cowboy with a checkered past stuck in a squad with British soldiers in the bloodiest war in history.

2) James Bond/M:I-esque flick following a CIA or whatever agent trying to take down a gun-runner. Mid-way through the film the James Bond character is abruptly killed and the rest of the film revolves around the organisation he worked for trying to clean up his mess and a secondary agent dispatched to finish the job.

3) A Nantucket whaling ship picks up some cargo around the point of South America. A few weeks after, crew members start mysteriously dying off one by one. Some are evidently murdered and others simply disappear. As paranoia sets in, traditional Quaker values are challenged as nobody knows who or what to trust. Essentially just an elongated version of the ship segment of Nosferatu

>the way Sup Forums works means no one can ever track it to him
>but I'll ask on reddit, where my post can be salvaged years from now by the author of the idea, and he can shit down my throat!

Bumping for feedback

Trying to dig up the original post, looks like they deleted it

>4) City doctor comes to the village where girl suffers from mysterious disease seemingly coming from a forest above village, with a subtle apocalyptic feeling.

its really only tangentially related but you should check out "the wailing"

HELL IS UNDERGROUND. A midnight train gets stuck in a subway tunnel. The passengers disembark and try to make their way to the next station. But they get lost in the strange, maze-like tunnels. Then, the train comes after them.

FIRE STAR. A man is hunted by fire. He discovers this in a terrible incident while working on an oil rig. Whenever he is near fire, it attacks and chases him like possessed. Cities are destroyed. He goes to Alaska and learns how to fight the fire. The key to stopping it is in a county on the West Coast beset by wildfires.

>Two groups of students, independently and unknowingly to the other, plan a school shooting. By chance they pick the same day, so they end up fighting each other for the spotlight. Hilarity ensues.

>Galactic council of aliens that watch over all living beings like the lil green niggas from Green Lanterns that give out the rings
>Every planet with life in the universe has achieved peace, except Earth
>The galactic council decides to take matters into their own hands sending a virus to the planet transmitted by touch
>But the virus doesn't make everyone sick or zombies, it bimbofies
>Men become hypermasculine buffed up versions of themselves with big dicks
>Women because super curvaceous hyperfeminized versions of themselves
>The council's idea being that Earth will also achieve peace with the entire population being dumb and horny

The movie focuses on two young best friends, black and Asian, attempting stop and reverse the mass bimbofication and not succumb to their desires.

The first idea is great and I could see it being a fun mid-budget horror if the characters were strong enough. The second I could only see working as a book

Here is some feedback, or a recommendation, The cowboy movie should be about a member of the hashknife outfit or hashknife gang. It was a really bad gang, had many dozens of members, and was notorious well into the 1900s.

Thanks for the help user! Now I just have to find a plots

>Horror Western
>Black and White
>World has been cast into eternal darkness by a demonic curse
>Badass stranger with no name arrives in small town hunting for the vampire that rules the city

EPIC!

what does that have to do with the curse? do the vampires make the curse?

seen it, it would be nothing like it. More like Tarkovsky desu

The curse released monsters and supernatural creatures into the world.

>mafia boss in Italian-American crime family in New Jersey
>mafia boss experiences stress from his family and mafia family
>passes out one day
>against his pride he begins seeing a therapist at the recommendation of his physician
>therapy sessions serve as a platform for him to tell stories of his life and work
>therapy sessions occasionally serve as a catalyst for resolution...or new insights and new problems

What do you think Sup Forums? Am I going to be famous or what?

I'd like to see FX's Tyrant remade. That was a huge missed opportunity. It could have been a political Breaking Bad.

self bump, r8 and h8

Horror b-movie. Brother and sister are spending the summer with their grandparents in their coastal fishing town. Their grandpa works at a fishing supply store. the local fish processing plant is going to shut down. The comically corrupt boss orders all the chemical waste dumped into the sea. The fish get all mutated and turn into amphibious bloodthirsty giant fish. The brother and sister kill the fish with harpoons from grandpas shop. I forgot some parts of it but I have the whole plot written down somewhere

nigger you already posted your autogynephilic fantasy in the other thread

Bittersweet romcom about a shut-in NEET trying to hook up with the cute young shrink his parents are paying for him.

kek, it would better work as anime tbqhf

Kek'd

There's a group of awesome martial artists who are also badass super spies. They learn some kind of evil drug lord/terrorist is creating a secret weapon and break into his lair to stop it.

But the weapon is a machine which turns adults into children, and he's planning to use it on the world leaders (somehow or other this would be beneficial too him, maybe he can literally bribe them with sweets or something). When they try to stop him, he uses them as guinea pigs and turns them back into children. What ensues is a wacky martial arts comedy where the kids use Jackie Chan-esque kung fu to beat up the comically inept henchmen on their quest to defeat the bad guy and get turned back into their older selves.

First idea reminds me of an episode of Knifepoint Horror.

Good luck finding kids that can fight worth shit, let alone act.

King Arthur finally awakens in England's darkest hour.... But's it's hundreds, if not thousands years in the future (Book of the New Sun style), Arthur must journey across the lands to discover what evil is plaguing and destroyed the old world. A rough idea i admit, any feedback would be great.

movie filemd in black and white with only one color that should not be afected, red
kinda similar to Sin city or that girl in Shindlers list.

the plaguing and horror should be refugees.

A team of 6-8/10 futanari must travel to a wizard's castle and kill him or else become pussygirls, which is depicted as a fate worse than death.

But there's no sex or nudity or even much sex talk.

ok

after a meteor shower there is a pandemic, its like the flu, around 30% of those who survive start gaining powers(kinda like X-men, but less overpowered people), there are diferent kinds some of them are harmless some of them are dangerous, the govenment US creates a new security agency to keep those gifted people in check since the crime rates are off the charts, a teenager has a very dangerous power, one day he is seen using it, but the agent that finds out instead of locking him up for the rest of his life recruts him to his team, now they have to do detective work, solve cases, arrest people with super powers etc. kinda like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but less focused in flashy planes and explosions and more focused in police work and moral dilemas.

Does he go into detail about his crimes or does he couch the stories in "they're all dreams"? What does the therapist do? Could be good if the mafia leader and the therapist are really strong actors and have good chemistry.

My idea is for a U.S. police force on a Texas border town that specializes in neutralizing cartel activity that spills over into Texas. Eventually some big cartel boss gets busted and a ton of cartel members get killed, but the incident really fucks up the members of the police squad and their group dynamics, so they all voluntarily leave their town and in some cases the police force altogether and scatter across the country to forget what happened. A few years later, the protag who's still a cop learns that someone's been killing off the members of his former squad and he sets off with a couple of his old squadmates to discover who and why. There's evidence that it's someone who served alongside them. It would be one of those movies that flashes back and forward and is told somewhat non-linearly. The themes would be about how running away from trauma/your past doesn't solve anything and etc. Maybe delve a little into the differences between Mexican and American culture and how the cartels took root in Mexico in the first place. I'd want to put some magic realism into it, such as mood lighting that betrays moral alignment, moments that are "maybe magical, maybe mundane".

Shit or nah?

In the 70's a psychodelic detective who uses his LSD visions to solve cases ends up discovering one of the biggest american secrets, MKUltra.

set in a midwest city on the verge of finical ruin (we wont say detroit but its detroit) a detective begins hunting a serial killer who believes he is a vampire, leaving occult like themes with each crime scene and bodies drained of blood with puncture wounds to the neck. The detective must delve into the occult/goth seen to gather more information of the killer, first dealing with edgy teens and posers, then the true believers who think the killer is an actual vampire.
As the case continues, both the detective and the audience begin to question their reality as the killer is capable of such feats that make us wonder if he really is a vampire. The twist we never find out, as the killer is killed before the detective (and the audience) get a definitive answer, but many clues leave us debating whether or not he was

What time period? 2005 - 2010 was the depths of post-industrial despair for the region, especially 2007-2008.

Would the movie visit the Great Lakes and ruined and abandoned factories?

This... I'd watch this...

PLASTIC LOVE (SHORT FILM - DRAMA)

In the heavily commercialized, smartphone-focused, social media dominated near future of 2032, everyone is a shadow of their online personalities, people live for status updates and appearance lives. Society almost feels like a competition to who can have the best life and show it, and of course, being alone is a complete failure.
Close to valentine's day, a couple decides to invite their friends to a dinner, trying to pair them up. Little do they know that they prefer someone else.
Liam, Jenny's friend, is completely in love with her while Susan, Paul's friend, is completely in love with him.
The movie centers on the awkward dinner between Liam and Susan, who quickly understand each other more than anyone else in their lives, and the ongoing fake relationship of Jenny and Paul, who are only dating because they feel like they should, considering how much better their lives look when both are together, even if no one has feelings for the other.
The film concludes with Liam and Susan deciding to fake the relationship, because while they don't love each other, they are genuine to each other. They can be themselves, there's no need to fake anything.
And besides, if you're going to be alone forever, it's better to do that with someone.

I'm in the middle of writing this, please r8

modern-ish, I dont want a definite time period because I doint think it needs to say 2016 to get the point across. This is basically a rip off of let me in and the only lovers left alive.
I think the serial killer but really a killer helping a vampire story in let me in was a cool concept and modern day detroit was a good setting.

>
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0McCB9rTqM
>youtube.com/watch?v=2yBH6lhRBOQ
Ill probably never make anything of this because its just short of fan fiction rip off teir

It is more of a creepypasta idea

>deepweb legend fails video channel
>people watch the damn thing, all the fails end in death
>the one who watched dies horribly and becomes another video in the channel

7/10 got promise but would work better as anime

Put very little dialogue, make your protag nearly mute, shot wide frames and you got yourself an oscar nominee.

>Implying the Oscars would nominate a film that didn't jerk off Hollywood