Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
dailymotion.com/video/x33cn51
youtube.com/watch?v=4YcY3uhivi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm excited for Kriskino

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

Who is Chumbley and how reliable is he? What has he predicted right in the past?

I'm relatively new, hence lots of people are quick to attack me because there's nothing (yet) to prove what I've said. I have a source who knows someone close to production, and I post what I know. That's it.

A wild Nicholas Briggs appears.

As you may expect, there have been a lot of goodbyes and the golden wrap was for not just Peter Capaldi but Talalay, Moffat, Gold (yet to be announced that he's leaving) and Spilsbury.

>Clara & Me and Bill & Heather team up to help 12 accept his regeneration

Ok. See I usually only go on /who/ when it's airing, so I thought maybe you've been around for a while. But we just have to take your word for it then?

I'm game. Tell me everything you know.

oh no

OH NO

Then the 4 space lesbians fuck

I have never hoped so much that one person was lying.

>I'm game. Tell me everything you know.
Two sets from The Tenth Planet have been recreated for the Christmas special.
As has Hartnell's TARDIS interior, more accurate than the Hell Bent interior. They've even got details such as the clock and the ornaments.
Clara appears towards the end, for a cameo like Amy did for 11.
Murray Gold is leaving after the Christmas episode.
Kris Marshall with an irish accent is Doctor 13.
New logo for Chibnall's era (as you'd expect). Not sure on a new TARDIS console room or not yet.
S'all I got.

I'll miss Tom. Always enjoyed reading his editorial at the start of a DWM all the way back to 2007. He definitely made the magazine great during the years he was with it.

Some real special editions. Pic related was my favourite.

END OF AN ERA

>Gold (yet to be announced that he's leaving)

I hope this is bait

... unless he is replaced by Cliff Martinez, Angelo Badalamenti or Trent Reznor. Everyone else can fuck offerino.

Why does he have an irish accent?

He's done ten series, with highs and lows. Like Tom Spilsbury, he could just carry on and on and on forever but these people want to move on to other projects too for themselves, and won't stay just because fans want them to. I'm sure a new composer will freshen up the show somewhat. Imagine if it were someone like the guy who scored AAISAT or something.

what I'd like to see this Christmas

>banter from One/Twelve that's on par with Troughton/Pertwee
>remarks about the round things
>One being horrified or stunned at what Twelve's done with the TARDIS
>sad Marigold music, particularly Every Christmas is Last Christmas and Breaking the Wall
>at least some familiar faces from Twelve's era showing up one last time
>maybe some familiar faces from One's era
>more than three Doctors
>Missy?
>River?
>a mix of the 1963 titles/theme with the current ones
>the new Doctor having more than one line and possibly if it's announced by then,
a cameo by the new companion?
>return of the face morph
>no major destruction of the TARDIS again

and most importantly, a damn good regeneration build-up/explosion

Probably because this is all made up.

>the guy who scored AAISAT
his name is Edmund Butt

desu I'm not sure if you could post BASED BUTT or BUTT STRIKES AGAIN with a straight face

Have they announced Marshall yet?

>return of the face morph

Can't agree more m8, a big reason why Smith to Capaldi felt underwhelming was due to the actual change itself. Not to say the scene wasn't good but damn at least show us the famous changing of faces.

Why did Tennant put an accent on? Because they've just decided on that for the character.

Thanks. See this is easy. Just get it all out in one go and we'll see if you're right when the time comes.

Don't they already have Hartnell's TARDIS interior from when they filmed that documentary anyway?
I've been convinced of Kris Marshall for a long time now, wonder about the Irish accent though. He's not Irish so if he has to do the accent he'd better do it right it would be silly.
Also quite ironic that Kris Marshall leaves Death in Paradise and is replaced by an Irishman, and the next thing he does is play an Irish Doctor.

Seems like an odd thing to do when he's not going to be the next Doctor.

It's a shame, the rest of that post seems pretty understandable but that one thing throws it off.

What a twist it would be though.

The finale this season was GARBAGE WTF WAS THAT SHIT.

>hey remember me I'm your lesbian love interest
>hey I'm an alien
>hey I can take you anywhere in death
>hey we'll always be together

Tumblr level fan fiction (more so than regular who)

dailymotion.com/video/x33cn51

>maybe some familiar faces from One's era

I really hope they bring back Susan.

Perhaps they will? Capaldi has said that he would love to see Mondasian Cyberman brought back in a story about 'the genesis of the cybermen'. Moffat literally did just that in his regeneration episode.
Whenever asked about a classic companion he would like to meet he answered that the Doctor should meet his granddaughter again - she is not getting any younger, so this might be the last reasonable chance to do that.

At least when he turns out to be awful, you could say "when something stinks, you know it's Butt."

(I suspect it's also to help distinguish him from other roles, since KM does tend to play a very similar type in most roles.)

> mfw Bill's last words to the Doctor were "I'm a lesbian btw"

The thing is, all of that is so plausible it's not really worthy of calling it insider knowledge. Of course there will be sets from The Tenth Planet because the episode is set there. Of course Moffat's gonna force Clara in for a cameo just like he did with Amy. Kris Marshall's been rumoured for months now. And of course there will be a new logo to go along with a new showrunner.

Only thing that counts as insider knowledge there is Murray Gold leaving. That's the only thing in that list that we don't already know.

>Of course there will be sets from The Tenth Planet because the episode is set there.
How do you know? The two Doctors could literally wander into a TARDIS, take off, have an adventure, then settle back down in the South Pole as they regenerate.

The best way to sell a lie is to sprinkle it with grains of truth.

But fair enough, I see what you're saying. Hold me to the Murray Gold thing then, and let's see how that pans out. If I hear anything else that's worthy of note, I'll be sure to drop it in /who/ for a bit of discussion. Better to have something than nothing.

But it wasn't and you know that

>The best way to sell a lie is to sprinkle it with grains of truth.
I'm not lying. When Series 11 gets a new composer, get back to me.

Last words he was conscious to hear then.

Don't worry, I believe you. It doesn't matter if you're lying anyway, as either way you're generating buzz and discussion.

>looking up in magazine
>looking down in magazine's magazine

I hope you're telling the truth, but I will say we've known Murray was leaving since a long time ago.

>known
speculated

ftfy

Can we invade the 13th Doctor thread on GB with Kris Marshall speculation? I want them to reeeee

Each of the smaller magazines has a different picture.

I think it might be photoshopped

Please don't.

I don't mind Gold leaving if it's true, he had a good run. I'd like to see Cristobal Tapia De Veer take over, the Utopia soundtrack is amazing.

Post yfw the post ending with 6 8's was on a deleted foot-fetish thread.

What do they have against Kris Marshall?

All the things you've said we either already know to be true, or are extremely likely to happen in the first place. Come back when your insider gives you something we don't know or expect.

I'm not trying to antagonize you, we just don't know if you're legit or not. You're either telling the truth and your insider only gives you the tiniest details most people already know or expect, or you've made these all up because you enjoy the spotlight.

Immigrant are you one of us or one of them?

They hate him because he is male and white.

Most think he can't act, and others are mad because it's "another white male" But I'm pretty sure most people who say he can't act have only seen him in My Family.

I'm one of the people who would rather have a different guy than Kris Marshall, and don't want any fake spoilers obscuring the truth.

So to summarize: they're fucking idiots

idk he's kind of gay...

Nah, because his picture pops up when you look for "blandest man in the Universe".

sometimes when i cum an image of colin baker appears in my head. is that weird? like it happens a fourth of the time i masturbate. i just think about colin as i orgasm.

He quit My Family 14 years ago and has done loads of stuff afterwards, that's ridiculous.

>Bill's last words were "without The Master, I'd have never existed" before fading away into nothing
Wow, fucking excellent Moffat. Bravo.

What is wrong with Marshall? Besides "a fucking white male"

He's not John Hannah, Tom Ellis, Paterson Joseph, or Natalie Dormer.

I've seen a lot of posts saying they saw him in My Family and they don't want him as the doctor

Post your favourite episode of each NuWho series.

S1: Dalek
S2: Impossible Planet/Satan Pit
S3: Blink
S4: Midnight
S5: The Eleventh Hour
S6: Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon
S7: The Snowmen
S8: Flatline
S9: Heaven Sent
S10: The Doctor Falls

John Hannah is the only actor there that would make a good Doctor, the rest are memes.

As if one role 15+ years ago defines the entire actor's career, jfc

Who's that hunk next to Capalderino?

more

1 more

Have you watched Death in Paradise yet, /who/? It's a great show and a great way to get used to Kris Marshall and see him in action.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YcY3uhivi0

Yes but I prefer Ben Miller in that role.

Fuck off faggots aren't allowed on /who/

You've got fucking terrible taste

John Hannah is the only good actor in that list, I'm not sure he'd be a good Doctor though

It's alright, leans too hard on shipping for my tastes though.

So, /who/, who's your favourite Master?

For me it's a toss-up between Delgado and Gomez.

Pratt

>it's "another white male"

>a white male character is played by a white male actor

huh, now that is really weird, it can only be explained by racism. Why has Winston Churchill never been portrayed by a transsexual black chinese ginger jew?

Simm or Delgado, with Jacobi edging in close for his amazing 5 minutes in Utopia.

Good trailer. Makes me wanna rewatch some episodes.

Ben Miller was great yeah, sad that he quit. But I grew to really like Marshall as the lead. It's kinda like DW really, once every couple of seasons the main lead bows down and another actor takes over.
I still need to get used to Ardal O'Hanlon as the new detective but there were some glimpses of Columbo in his character which I hope they expand on.

Haven't got to that guy yet. I like Columbo so I'm excited.

If you asked me this five years ago I'd have a completely different answer. But for me it's Gomez.

>Jacobi edging in close for his amazing 5 minutes in Utopia.
While I loved the Master reveal in Utopia and count it as one of NuWho's greatest moments, there's one bit that doesn't sit well with me. When Jacobi kills Chantho and looks directly at the camera and delivers the line "I....am....the Maaahstaaa". For some reason I always cringe at that moment. Jacobi's an incredible actor of course, but there was something off with that moment, that line.

>If you asked me this five years ago I'd have a completely different answer. But for me it's Gomez.
Gomez wasn't anywhere near announced as the Master in 2012, that's why ;)

I get what you mean. If it were more realistic he'd say "My name is the Master!" then kill her, quick and easy.

I think they wanted to build suspense and make sure the audience understand what he's saying, so they made him say it like he's talking to a child. He worked with what he was given, I suppose.

He's good and he'll be great if they keep the Columbo vibe. The few episodes he's in there's numerous moments like this scene, where the finding out the owner of certain cufflinks is vital to the case:
>My uncle used to collect cufflinks, must've had about 100 pairs. I know on the surface that may not appear to be unusual, until I tell you he only had the one arm. Yeah....he lost it in a...eh, I'll spare you the details. I'd love to see yours, your cufflinks. Are you wearing them now?
All delivered pleasantly, in an Irish accent, before looking the suspect straight in the eye when asking about their cufflinks.

What will be the theme/personality of the next Doctor. 10's hubris carried into 11's ego and I think maybe perhaps 10s over emotionality may be what made 11 less human like. 11 became too big and fabled that the infamy was causing problems in itself which caused him to start to check himself and withdraw.
That carried through into 12 who was constantly battling with his morality being overly conscious of his wiles and how he used them, doubting if he was a good man.
I think with the finale and his speech to the Masters he kind of made peace with that although the endless turn over of his lives is weighing on him.

What will we see in 13? Will it tie into the rest of this? Or will we just see something completely different?

>He worked with what he was given, I suppose.
Yeah, I don't blame Jacobi at all. Just something about the line, the delivery, the shot being a close-up, it all felt a bit weird to me. Every other moment of Jacobi once he realises he's the Master is great though. It's just that line that bugs me for some reason.

How could they do it differently?

overly cautious/protective?

Who is universally held as the worst ever person in Doctor Who's history? I'm talking Classic Who, NuWho, I'm talking actors, Doctors, companions, showrunners, script writers, aliens, episodes/stories, all of it. Who is hated on by everyone? Just out of interest.

The bloke who cancelled the show in 1989 doesn't count, that's too obvious. I wanna know if there's like a universal hatred for someone or something who had something to do with Doctor Who.

>>Fuck off faggots aren't allowed on /who/
>RTD
>JNT
>Gatiss
>Barrowman

Damn, sounds like the best one yet.

Michael Grade tho

I think that Death in Paradise is so comfy, I watch it when it's on

Mary Whitehouse?