Batgirl Rebirth

Aww crap. Guess I'm going to have to storytime the Batgirl Rebirth comic.
Here we go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FpRC7wE10qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More covers

Oh wait I got them mixed up this is the cover.
Commercial

And thus out story begins.
Was she one of the Super Team in Japan from Final Crisis?

> still no titans

what the fuck

Super Young Team to be exact on the name.

I don't know who this guy is.

Not sure why a Chinese guy would go to Japan to gain perspective on who he is.

Also this Japanese is shit ホダコ doesn't mean anything not octopus definitely and the prices are charged by the plate.

Also as someone who lives in Japan I can attest that only grade A douchebags go to the Irish pubs in Japan. That and Irish expats.

Is Fruit Bat from other works? Think this old superheroes from the past going to lead to something JSA?

The end.

Ads

Red Hood
Flash
Nightwing
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns
Action Comics
Detective Comics

Bumpo

I enjoyed this.

It was alright.

>this storytime gets less replies than any other Rebirth #1's so far
Boring?

Not exactly the intended audience.

It's light and breezy, but I liked it.

Oh that MMA cover Rafael did just made sense.

Why is babs such a SLUUUT?

What I want from this comic.
>Less yappin'
>more girl on girl fighting

I'm a little surprised with all The Killing Joke shit going on there's so few replies.

I got bored in the first half but honestly I'm now intrigued. Good set up for what could be a cool story. The latter half was fun but....why do we need batgirl.

Just give us a book about fruitbat. A hundred and fouryear old broad fighting crime and shit. Maybe getting some young dick cos she back in the game. That's the series I want.

Those faces

I'm honestly surprised that camera doesn't trigger her.

Nah, Fruit Bat is OC

Blue eyes > green eyes

You're really autistic.

Yeah you're just a wank.

Wow this kid's really stupid. "Hey, this superhero redhead from Gotham just showed up in China att he same time you did. She must be here to protect you!"

Well that was really ok.

Not the same user, but i would say it's just that when your mother language isn't english, and you see it in an american comicbook, that you instantly know it's wrong with only a blink of an eye.

It reads like Simone and Stewart's Barbara Gordon became one and the same.

IIRC the only girls were Aquazaon and the tiny Black Canary ripoff

Oh snap!

This wasn't bad, but I think I had to already be a Babs fan to care. Don't see this run winning me over.

also ever since the Multiversity issue pointing it out I've noticed thought bubbles as archaic vs using narration boxes

> white girl in nipland
> chinese guy going to JAPAN of all places to gain perspective of who he is

tumblr is gonna love this

I hope she keeps her dirty paws off my husbando Kenan if/when they go to China

Fruit Bat is baddass, Figma when?

They need to cripple this bitch again

And you're an asswipe

>Thought bubble
Haven't seen one of those in a while

I don't remember what Multiversity said about thought bubbles.
But thought bubbles do have their place apart from narration boxes.

Who is fruit bat?

I said this when it was new, but ignoring the writing and art for a minute I actually like the costume.

1939 was the year of the first Batman comic.

Not really a good vs bad thing, but instead of just accepting them as a narrative device I notice them now

See this page I think thought bubbles would work better instead of two separate concurrent narrations.

Thank you

>This gets storytimed before Titans
Anons please.

Titans isn't ripped yet

oh shit it'll be shit won't it?

Nah I trust Abnett, I think the uploaders are just trolling us

Pretty sure the implication is that he knows and is a (super)villain in his own right.

The art is 100% shit

>app that scans digitized microfiche at libraries around the wold
>prehistoric google alerts

Maybe I am just not tech savvy enough but what the fuck does one have to do with the other?

>that Babs sugoi face

youtu.be/FpRC7wE10qo

No, it's correct. The first character isn't Ho, it's the kanji for "small." When you smash "tako;" "octopus" into a kanji like that it changes to "dako." "Kodako" is correct.

How old are Barbra and her friend suppose to be? Because I was a bit annoyed at the way they talked as if they where dumb teenagers instead of 20-somethings. Other then that pretty good issue; I might add it to my pull

How embarrassing

20 somethimgs pretty much are dumb teenagers.

21 or 22

This was pretty great. I didn't know what to expect going in, but I was pleasantly surprised.
>putting a concrete decade on a hero's timeline
Bad move, but we'll see how it plays out. I hope Fruit Bat doesn't die in this book.

Me too! Much more than I thought I would - it doesn't quite have Babs as fiercely intelligent and dryly humorous as I love her (and as Birds of Prey pretty solidly got her last week), but it's SO MUCH BETTER than CamStew "We're so trendy hahahaha." Even though it does do the "photographic memories work like the Matrix" idiocy that was such a hallmark of the CamStew/Fletch/Tarr mess, it's not as flashy, and the whole thing has a sense of "The world is bigger than one suburb of Gotham" that I love. Plus the history of this new cool Fruit Bat character!

I think this is made more the tumblr or maybe even reddit style, not so much for Sup Forums or people that have read comics for more than 6 months...

Nah, nah, user, it's marshmallows that trigger her. ;)

Seems worthwhile. I didn't really like either, but both had potential.

Eh, this feels more adult, more complicated, less selfie/hipster obsessed (and less written down, more written to fans) than the last run. Hopefully it keeps this tone - Babs is competent, fun, but not too much like a doofy cartoon with terrible fight scenes.

Agreed. It feels like a book made for and by an actual young woman, not some 35-year-old's interpretation of youth trends.

Also agreed, I enjoyed this far more than I've enjoyed Batgirl in a long time since I think it nailed the tone here. Babs feels a lot less smug and this doesn't feel like it's trying to be quirky as hard as the last run, thank god. I mean obviously it still has a lighter tone - which is good, Simone's run was a bit too angsty and self-serious - but in a good way that doesn't feel like what's been done to Squirrel Girl, Hellcat, etc.

I think even more than the execution of the tone there seems to be some actual depth here. It's just not generic "girls can do it too!" throwaway villain fights and the first arc seems to have some purpose as far as character growth goes.

>people who didn't actually read Camstew's Batgirl

Interesting how Japan looks nothing like Japan and everything like California.

I read the Dick issue and the Gordon teamup issue, that was enough

>Le smug Batgirl ;)
I've heard this before and I'm convinced it's utter bullshit. give me an issue number, give me a specific scene from Batgirl was smug.

CamStew Batgirl isn't as bad as Marvel's attempts at "hip" female superhero runs -- but it's still a bit cringey and tries too hard to appear modern at the expense of good characterization for Babs.

It didn't "Try" to appear to be modern, it just was.

Or to pander to the Mary Sue feminists.

The one with Batgordon. The flashback stuff to her as a kid were cute, the present day stuff was unbearable. Or the very first issue of the Burnside arc where she walks into a room, looks at a chalkboard, fixes whatever the guys were working on, and leaves with a smirk and a quip. Don't really care what you think, if you really liked that run more power to you, but I'm glad it's over.

Simone's run is a low fucking bar. Simone never actually wrote Batgirl before and she tried to make her secret six. Its sad because Simone's limited ability meshes well with Catwoman.

CamStew Batgirl wasn't light. It had light art but it had very little soul or heart. That's the problem with Barbara. The character lacks heart.

No, it definitely tried to hard. Are you really going to tell me an arc based around a tinder knockoff is modern in a non-tryhard way?

I think that was the DCYou preview not the first issue of the run. Unless they did it twice.

But that's bullshit because it didn't.

Until they cripple the bitch or at least get her a costume that doesn't look like it a bullet magnet, I'll be avoiding Babsgirl.

Yeah because it wasn't about Tinder but data collecting through social media which isn't try-hard,it's reality.

It literally pulled the endgame cover after those kinds bitched about it. He scrapped and bowed when they thought his villain was 'transinsensitive'. It factually did whether you like it or not.