Clinton Campaign Makes Republican Recruiting Effort Official

Hillary Clinton’s campaign opened the spigot on Wednesday on a recent steady trickle of pledges from Republicans against their own nominee, Donald Trump, with outright GOP endorsements for the Democrat.

The launch of “Together for America” — formalizing what had previously been a backchannel push to poach support from the New York businessman’s adopted party and all-important independents — serves as a fairly remarkable show of confidence for the former secretary of state.

“This is not a normal election,” Clinton said Wednesday afternoon in a speech in Iowa, welcoming the GOP defections and “anyone willing to put our country first.”

“Donald Trump doesn’t represent their values, not only as Republicans,” she said, “but as Americans.”

The latest list of some 50 endorsements contains three former Cabinet secretaries, some 20 current or former members of Congress, members of the ambassador corps and the military, and a number of senior officials from Republican administrations, as well as business leaders, according to a Clinton campaign release.

Some high-profile Republicans and Independents, like former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and President George W. Bush National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft, were already known. Others, such as former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte; Carlos Gutierrez, the former Secretary of Commerce and Chairman and CEO of Kellogg Company; and Meg Whitman, president and CEO of Hewlett Packard; were unveiled Wednesday.

foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/10/clinton-campaign-makes-republican-recruiting-effort-official/?utm_content=buffer06f25&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'm glad some of the well known republicans have begun to endorse Hillary. She's the only safe and sensible choice as candidate.

Trump would run this country into the ground on day one. He is a bigoted racist xenophobic megalomaniac.

The Democrats will become the one party state.
After that, the state will fall apart.

>Trump against the world
It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Why? Democrats are, on average, more highly educated than republicans.

>Establisment democrat says Trump doesn't represent republican values

ohhhh... you mean traitors. Yeah, there's gonna be a few of them. She seems to have an ability to draw people in and make them pawns in her quest for ultimate power. Just look at all the shills on this board, look at all the useful idiots working for her campaign, all the misguided people at the DNC, etc

Yes, because all of the world military's in all of history were filled with scholars.

>Republicans
>EVER switching for Hillary

Now, I'm not a fan of using No True Scotsman, but those people weren't real Republicans.

Because your army is so useful.

I don't mind any politician.
Except the ones that threaten Canadian national security and Canadian economy.

Shut your hole nigger

No they aren't, having more social "science" degrees and fewer Black people that drives down the collective average IQ per state does not make them smarter or more capable people.

Do you hate your PM then?

> Liberal indoctrination in college
> Pseudo intellectual media brainwashing
> Most Bern-victims were lifelong democrats
> Most lower income minorities are democrats

Ayyyy

>the establishment would rather support than establishment than an outsider

We already knew this. For decades. Democrat, GOP, it was all the same shit in a different color. Just proves all the more that Donald Trump is a threat to the system they've put in place for their own benefit.

You're never going to win an election by calling everyone who disagrees with you "the establishment"

He doesn't suck up Russia and has our military at home in case they ever try to put people in the NW territories.

I like him for that and our economy is run by "top men" so it'll improve. Our businesses are still doing pretty well.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

Mad that your candidate is losing?

> having more social "science" degrees
Still more degrees!

> fewer Black people
The Democratic party is much more diverse and has a larger African American base. Republicans are racists, or closet racists at a minimum.

Me and my wife just registered to vote republican. No thank you.

>Letting Hillary Clinton occupy the center, unify the country, and reach across the aisle
great work manafort

Thank you for Correcting the Record.

This bitch can do whatever she likes, she will never win over the American people. NO ONE EVEN GOES TO HER RALLIES

12th dimensional mancala

Why bother going to a rally? Candidates shouldn't be idolized like trump has been. It's gross how many people attend his rallies. If you just look at the polls, Hillary clearly has more support. Rallies mean nothing.

not like the support of a bunch of neo cons would turn the election

Oh shit, she's going to be funded by Republicans too? How will liberals spin this?

>Yummm dat delicious Koch brothers money!

Trump is making the traitors openly show themselves by backing the Democratic candidate, Clinton.

This just further reinforces the idea that both political parties are exactly the same, two sides of the same coin, corrupt and with an agenda that is not based on their mandate by the people electing them, but by special interests that hide in the shadows and use subversion to accomplish their goals.

They are at a point where they are desperate enough to literally out themselves to try and stop Trump. It is actually amazing to watch this play out.

The crack-down on corruption at the highest levels of government is gonna make a lot of heads roll and they know it and are squirming like earthworms dug up from deep soil finally exposed to the light of day.

>Nominate batshit insane candidate that not even Republicans can support
>Republicans start supporting his opponent
SEE IT MEANS DEY'RE ALL DA SAME!!111111

It worked in the primaries :^)

I'm sure you know this, but the Republican primary electorate and the general election electorate are completely different groups of people.

Then why are they losing? Shouldn't be that hard if they're so much more educated than the opposition.

>Then why are they losing?

But they're not, Democrats are poised to win the White House and take back the Senate, they might even take the House