Why movies about parallel universes/time travel always fail to deliver?

what about movies from parallel universes?

fuck I want to watch that movie

cheap almost b-movies that use "unique" sci-fi concepts as bait for idiots
sci fi is a really bad genre

I think because they take the child explanation too literally . It's a stones thought milked out to the max with either a crappy loophole or all is one explanation as the end.

because they are metaphysical mysteries nobody is arrogant or bold enough to tackle except the least qualified indie filmmakers who think high concept pseudoscience will make their shot-in-parents-house drama interesting

there are tons of great science fiction films. parallel universe and time travel films are just retarded because they are inherently paradoxical.

no there aren't
logic and accurancy are the least of their problems

you don't watch a lot of movies.

>fail to deliver

on what, exactly? I've seen plenty of good time travel movies and everytime they're brought up on this board, you dudes have a massive sperg out because they don't align with your made up already established rules of time travel

the only good time travel movie is bill & ted because it doesn't care.

what was the one film where guy went to parallel version of his neighbourhood and there was his wives doppelganger who was shouting at him?

I remember the parallel town or whatever it was, seemed abandoned and decrepit. I also remember that guy wasn't alone but approached his house with some friends

someday, user. someday.

>I've seen plenty of good time travel movies
like what? The only decent one i remember is timecrimes

ironic, sci-fi pleb

What do you mean?

Coherence was great though

I saw this based on good reviews but dear jesus the movies was BORING. I was kinda looking to see Primer 2 but this was just a bunch of normies being normal.

Donny Darko

That can be arranged
pǝƃuɐɹɹɐ ǝq uɐɔ ʇɐɥ┴

This was fine, pleb

No fuck you. I've been memed by guys like you and this is why i'm doing this thread.
The ending is horrible.
This is good

The ending fits the established rules of the universe and provides one character's answer to the main thematic question of the movie. Sorry you're a pleb.

A fucking travesty.

i really wanna see this movie now. i hope stars 5 posting becomes a thing cuz thats as close as ill get.

can it be memed into reality?

It's kinda boring but i really liked the ending.

stars 5 delivered though. it was a step up from 3 and 4 once macys contract dispute was settled.

Sup Forums did it with the fucking president so i think if we collectively try hard enough something may come of it.

It's alright, takes a masterclass in on-the-nose symbolism but it's not what OP is talking about, it's certainly not sci-fi

How did you view them and retain your memories?

>his local theatre doesnt have an "astral projector"

Another Earth
Primer
Source Code
Event Horizon
Interstellar
Star Trek reboot (though NOT 4)
Prisoner of Azkaban
Bender's Big Score
Back to the Future trilogy (?!)

OP doesnt mention sci fi

>Another Earth
4/10, ending was pretty pleb
>Primer
5/10, needs a spreadsheet and 3 extra viewings
>Source Code
7/10, actually a decent action movie with elements of time travel/loops
>Event Horizon
7/10 studio version, 9/10 lost directors cut
>Interstellar
7/10
>Star Trek reboot (though NOT 4)
6/10
>Prisoner of Azkaban
Literally what
>Bender's Big Score
6/10
>Back to the Future trilogy (?!)
8/10

You forgot

Edge of Tomorrow - kino
Groundhog Day - kino
Predestination - shit
Safety Not Guaranteed - shit
The Jacket - kino
Deja Vu - okay
Project Almanac - shit
FAQ About Time Travel - okay

good additions and i am fine with your ratings of my own.

need i remind you that HP3 is a great Cuaron film and (dun dun dun) time travel plays a major role

I think The Discovery had something to do with the Afterlife and alternate universes

I liked it enough to watch it once alone and once with the gf, pretty good for a low budget movie.