Tfw you realize that you will never be as cool as a marine killing gooks in Nam back in '69

>tfw you realize that you will never be as cool as a marine killing gooks in Nam back in '69

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY
youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe2FBn1pNAE
youtube.com/watch?v=VRBJio_NtRI
youtube.com/watch?v=6qP9EaPa8dg
youtube.com/watch?v=zUnSGz8vW0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lost to rice farmers btw.

Watching pic related right now. Nothing was cool about that war. Except for the music of that generations counterculture.

different times, man

Just stopped playing Rising Storm 2 just then coincidentally. Glad they added Aussies.
youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

>getting exposed to agent orange
>gets post traumatic stress syndrome, losing your left leg, lung conditions which makes you unable to breath normally, nerve conditions etc
>war is cool man, yo listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk

Are people still playing RS2? Might reinstall it.

>Nothing was cool about that war. Except for the music of that generations counterculture.

And all the movies about it

youtube.com/watch?v=Fe2FBn1pNAE

Theres populated Australian servers so i reckon you North Americans will have no dramas finding servers.

I was a Marine in Iraq, tho...

what MOS?

>marine
>in a almost landlocked country

explain this

JTTOTS

Just write it dammit, are you a marine or lazy? I had to google that shit because i do not use abbreviations.

both

tip of the spear, btw

US Marines aren't like marines in other countries.
US Marines do specialize in amphibious assaults and they usually have detachments stationed to do it.
But they often do get used as regular US infantry or shock troopers. I always thought it was weird too.

That goes without saying.
Guess it's time to rewatch Born on the 4th of July.

Yes, i know that, i googled it. Just the tip of the spear.

I would presume it is so they will have real combat experience, useful for later interactions, and to defend the pacific theatre better.

It's namely for the for shock aspect, he's right

Oh, i see. I'm curious, in what ways are they more of a shock troop compared to the regular army?

Iraq's coastline is more important than you'd think from its size

training, discipline, values, offensive oriented only

Come at us bro
youtube.com/watch?v=VRBJio_NtRI

compared to the US Army
not any other Army, I don't mean, bud

I would give about anything to trade spots with the 300 Marines in Norway though.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qP9EaPa8dg

thats pretty neat, we say that when we learn one of ours has passed

Shock troop, and 2nd army, is a relatively new mission, and one the powers that be in the Marine Corps want to shift away from, back to our amphibious roots. If we legit become just another 2nd Army then there is no need for the Marine Corps.

But as overall difference is that the Army is built to hold ground, while the Marines are built to take ground. Marines purpose, traditionally, is too hit hard, hit fast, and go home. We aren't an occupying force, though we did that in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Army is like that heavy weight fighter, after we push in, and push through, and go them on the ropes, they become behind with the big guns, and keep the boot on their neck. The Army is more powerful, but less agile, and slower. Marines, in concert, with the Navy, also serve the purpose of the projection of US power.

I have been to Norway before. We have caves there. Partied in Trondeheim.

You say "to valhalla!"? That's based. Or something similar, I fashion?

I see, interesting, shock troops has a strategic advantage, at least when it comes to the arabs haha. I know you got caves, you got a lot of things over here.

Not being able to read that sign, I thought it said "no jumping motorcycles over cars" when I saw it.

Yeah, it says "Overflight motorcycling is not allowed in this area, respect the taxi and transport drivers"

Til Valhalla.

Based. Hate how US gear is nowadays. 80's to early 2000s was goat

You ever notice in most scifi it is always only the Marines and Navy left, at least as far as interstellar warfare? Navy to drive spacecraft, and Marines doing insertion. Whether it is the dropships in Halo, or the dropships in Starship Troopers. One reason is because of the use of the dropships from spacecraft is pretty much the future equivalent of what we do with landing craft from Navy ships, and with our Ospreys.

Yeah real cool, getting drafted for a useless shit war.

>lets go attack iraq maybe the guys who dropped our towers are there and maybe they have big bad guns
>occupied the country and managed to make it even shittier and violent than unders saddam's rule

literally shittiest war on history man, sorry for that

Watch it bud

youtube.com/watch?v=zUnSGz8vW0U

that's pretty neat actually
shit wouldve been hell

Marines are the fist that punches the hole in the enemy lines and let's the army move in to sweep up any remaining forces and hold the territory

based Vietnam knows

Would take it if it mean I got to kill some reds and impregnate a qt south viet woman desu

It's much more comfy with no war please
Vietnam has had like 80years of war
It deserves a break

We read 'The Things they Carried' in High School and I didn't get all of my classmates lamenting how horrible and traumatizing the characters' experiences were because it sounded pretty cool to me.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

>enter this thread
>it ain't me starts playing

Yankee go home

Will you fuckers ever learn that the song is called fortunate son?

>GI go home I kill I have machinegun haaha fuck you GI

>he fell for the mutt war propaganda

its a meme, you dip

My friends dad fought in 'Nam and he said shooting gooks was loads of fun. he even had pictures of him with dead cong soldiers.

yep sociopaths tend to do well in wars.

You'd be happy too if you killed those who were trying to kill you and yours

>travel thousands of miles to keep foreign country under imperialist domination
>wtf why are you trying to kill me

whether you're on the opposite point of earth from home or in your backyard, a gunfight is a gunfight

>Not having incredible passion to kill commies and help your allies in glorious battle

I guess thats why Italy's fighting heydays ended right around the split of the Roman empire.

>tfw you'll never serve your country and achieve glory through bloodshed.

He deserved to die. There was no fucking excuse for anyone going to Vietnam unless they were legit terrible human beings.
Murderous military dogs don't deserve any fucking respect.

You're a fucking subhuman piece of shit, mate.

Dont you have some pointless rally or protest to attend Melbourne?

Does that include the NVA?

Huh.. and here I thought all Australians were scumbags. You ain't so bad, Aussie-bro. As for the other reject that posted above, must be high off of sniffing some American guy's asshole.

Nah, its called learning how the world works, people fight, people kill, people cause wars, the sooner you learn that, the less it hurts. We can all hold hands and sing kumbuyah, but it wont be for a long time, probably long after we're all dead. So until your glorious, perfect, peaceful Earth happens, you and that other I dare say "Australian" can enjoy the most peaceful time humans have ever had thanks to people not like you.