Why did they make him black?

Why did they make him black?

Sony wanted him to be Bond but couldn't get away with it so they made him star in their next big movie instead.

>the DARK tower
it refers to his dingus, dingus.

So they could show you his dark tower

to make you think about his "dark tower" penetrating your boipussi

because we wuz kangz n diversity n fuck white people n shit

Why do you care Drumpfkin? Are you really this insecure?

>why's he gotta be black?

Why's he gotta be white?

>Are you really this insecure?

You have to ask?

I don't mind this casting. He's good and the role is neutral.
I fucking hate that they made Valkyrie black in new Thor. THAT is fucking up.

>they made Valkyrie black in new Thor. THAT is fucking up.
But why?

holy shit they are so pathetic lol

It's because SJWs don't read books.

topkek I remember this.

>cuckcarts

>the role is neutral

Was his race even specified in the books?
And this nigga's the flavor of the year actor. He's quite good too.

And yeah, I get that if somehow Roland's race has never been specified, we associate knight/gunslinger character with a white guy and Sony gets that too but you know what do they also get? People's attention. Angry nerds are a great marketing force, why do you think Marvels does all this shit swapping heroes' with characters of different race and gender? Because it effortlessly guarantees attention.

Because the gunslinger is supposed to be masculine and handsome, so that pretty much nixed any white ''''''''male''''''' from the get go.

Because it's CURRENT YEAR

Because Valkyrie looks like a swedish milkmaid. Her look is about all there is to the character.

>Was his race even specified in the books?
Yes

So he can whip out his dark tower

Didn't that black lady want to kill him in the books for being white?

to ensure it continues the string of Sony flops

Spotted the cuckcart pusher.

>Was his race even specified in the books?
The plot of the entire second book hinges on it. Him being white causes the central conflict because a black chick doesn't trust whitey.

A big part of the second book was he was traveling with a racist black woman who was constantly making fun of him for being white.

I think you mean that white lady wanted him dead for being black.

dubs dont lie

That sounds like you're defending this, user.

Huh, you guys are pretty dumb. You should browse more boards to broaden your horizons and become more subtle.

Well. it still doesn't change anything, Sony isn't obliged in any way to stick true to the source material.

Anyway, 99,9998% of the people have never heard of the Dark Tower, now they do, because of the vocal minority of angry autists.

because of political correctness and pandering to the niggers who, instead of just making their own shit such as coal panther, keep taking white roles instead. but since niggers can only make movies about slavery, ghettos and rap, i'm not surprised. just a total parasite race.

I don't really care. It's just quite cringy how anons try to see hidden messages in cheap marketing tricks.

The book the movie was based off he was white?

I don't care if he is black I just want to know why if there is a reason why

What if?
He actually was the most qualified candidate for the role?

Because they wanted a Brit and white British men are pathetic.

it was going to be shit anyway

Sony productions usually are.

Doesn't matter, going by the trailer it's completely ruined so they could have cast anyone.

Not like 'Detta or the other characters are going to be in the movie anyway and they aren't following the books exactly, there's some pretty weird shit in the books that wouldn't translate well to film. So race doesn't really matter.

Still seems out of place having a black clint eastwood inspired cowboy though.

Why is he doing the Jim face from The Office

To further normalize miscegenation

>be at work
>cute blonde white girl has to help thug lookin nigga with his order, because apparently your first time in a restaurant you need to ask about everything on the menu
>gets done helping him and immediately excuses herself to the back room
>later that night, "gross! He had CHIMP HANDS"

Lel try harder Jews

why does he have 2 belts?

You know what, I think that's more important than my question. Why does he have two belts?

two dicks

One for each gun and holster, left and right. It only matters because later in the books has to give one away.

It's a holster you retards

There's a lot of shit to complain about but use your fucking brains

He self identifies as an anime character, you bigot.

because it's 2017.

DARK TOWER'D

>reddit spacing

I'll use my brain to think about your mother's sweet fat ass.

why do you care about his skin color? are you racist or something?

Stephen King is for retarded people.

Tiny peanut bird-brains.

AWW SHIT NIGGA
WHERE DE WHITE WIMMINZ AT
ROLANDO INCHAINZ COMIN STRAIGHT OUT THE SOUTH CENTRAL BARONIES
THROW THIS KID IN THE WELL WERRLL STAR
MY POPS KANG ARTHURKWON OF COMPTONLOT I SWEAR NIGGA
NO SAI I WAS SIMPLY RETURNING IT
BETTER BE SOME WHITE WIMMINZ IN THE NEXT DIMENSION
STEPHEN KANGZ STOP WRITING DAT SHIT YOU MAKING IT WORSE NIGGA

>Sony flops
>he hasn't seen Homecoming

That's a Disney movie.

hes the most adapted writer of all time.

Because his skin color has basically nothing to do with the story.

Also Black House made black Gunslingers canon, dealwithit.jpg

Dont you get it user! you are The Dark Towerâ„¢!

I wish someone would make a short on Survivor Type.

actually i retract that. most adapted modern. i always forget shakespeare

I bet this can be disputed.

Hans Christian Anderson is probably the title holder thanks to Disney.

>racist black
Umm..no such thing sweetie

It's like making a character based on some aboriginal spirit god white, blonde and blue-eyed.

It's retarded and you know it's retarded. Don't pretend you don't.

We can agree to disagree.
The writing in the Gunslinger is so rich and well-written. IIRC he wrote it in highschool and still holds it as his magnum opus.

>smugly thinks the source material backs him up
>gets btfo
>"lol, whatever source material doesn't even matter autist"
Pathetic

>parasite race
I'll have you know they built your country. The entire United States was made out of cotton in the 19th century you know.

that was a joke, he was just poking fun at the diminuitive looking cart and mixing it in with the cuck meme

>Rich
kek. I like a lot of Stephen King but he's spins a pretty simple yarn had his prose is pedestrian. He's not a bad writer (like Dan Brown), he's just a pleb.

You should read more if you think King has good prose.

when you kill your enemies ,they win

Are those pieces of shits actually protesting at a museum and obstructing people's view of the art for their fucking protest? What obnoxious cunts.

>Why did they make him black?
So you would ask that question and generate buzz.
So they could frame the movie as a progressive event and use the "consumerism-as-activism" business model: either you watch and like this movie, or you're a racist, sexist, homophobe, unperson.

Literally every other line in Drawing of the Three is a black woman without legs calling Roland a honky and threatening to bite off his dick.

Hahaahahahaahahahahahahaha
Breathes in
Hahahahahahahahahahahahauauauaua

Idris Elba is amorphous, not black

Why does this type of fanart make the characters look at least 10 years older than their real age

Susan is not in this movie. There'll probably be no sequel; not enough DT or Elba fans in the world to make it a win.

If there were a sequel, they could make her white and have her call Roland a nigger.

I'm halfway through the drawing of three and its still focused on eddie. So you might want to learn what literally means

quadroon

They're blocking Japanese tourists from seeing a racist display of Japanese kimonos and art

WTF is going on there?

Because a central arc in Roland's development revolves around him being a white man you stupid faggot

>mfw they keep that basic structure but its a white woman making fun of him for being a nigger

Actually it means a whole lot considering they changed the characters race for some personal reason. Do you seriously think changing a character's established race, which is central to the plot, to be of another race to cater to a specific audience isn't exploitative at its very core? That's pretty bigoted of you, they're literally trying to exploit AA to see this film.

Which one exactly?

I don't think Alcoholics Anonymous has any interest in this movie one way or the other, user

Pretty much what said

Japanese MILFs made the protesters cry eventually

>mfw because of that, blacks are shooting up every theater, looting local business and burning cars because of muh raycism

>mfw we have no face

Hurrr alcoholism is so funny hurr. African Americans you cunt

In what way is Roland's race "central to the plot" of the dark tower? It isn't and you'd know that if you knew what the fuck you were talking about

>99,9998% of the people have never heard of the Dark Tower,

Stephen King is the most popular author in the world and this is one of his most popular books. Most people have heard of it before.

Been mentioned multiple times, drawing of the three. Tell me, have you read the books- wiki articles aren't books

I'm sorry if you think you have a "disease"

You don't have to pick the bottle up. Let it lie.

Every man has agency except maybe literal retards and he is responsible for his actions.

Wow that sounds dumb. I didn't know Stephen King was an alt-right writer.

I'm glad they fixed it in the movie. Hopefully this will combat all those racial supremecists like Steve Bannon.

Literally a central point of conflict in the second book. Changing the race of the MC is being done solely to trick African Americans into seeing this movie, it is absolute exploitation and those celebrating it should be ashamed of themselves

It's not about Roland's whiteness; it's about Odetta being a racist. If he's black the racism flips. If they make Odetta black, idk. But I would imagine they would cast white for this reason.

Not that she will ever BE cast, this shitstorm is never going to make it's budget back.