Why does this board hate Rick and Morty so much...

Why does this board hate Rick and Morty so much? It's honestly pretty funny if you actually sit down and watch a full episode instead of basing your opinion of the show on out-of-context clips and lines of dialogue.

It gets old fast.

and why do so many fans still give a shit if it is appreciated in Sup Forums?

What gets old fast? The show or people hating on it? Most of the episodes are more or less dealing with unique situations and aren't very similar to each other. Or if you mean the family drama stuff I guess that does get tedious sometimes. And I would say the TV improv episodes were pretty stupid. But what good show doesn't have some minor flaws or weak episodes?

WE JUST HAD A THREAD ABOUT THIS DUMB FUCKING CARTOON, FUCK OFF

HOW ABOUT YOU CRAWL BACK TO YOUR """GOD""" HUH CHRISTFAG?

calm down, princess

>Why does this board hate Rick and Morty so much?

For (You)s

It's an OP assumes things about people to attack a point they might not even hold episode.

Are you saying all the hate this show gets on this board is ironic?

Cartoons are for manchildren. End of story.

BUMP

aww jeez grandpa OP i really dont like this show
*burrps*
aww jeez grandpa OP
*BURRRRRRRRRRRRRPS*

Quoteable memes and Hot Topic merchandise make it top tier Reddit boogeyman fodder.

I wasn't a fan of the edgy end sequences with emotional bgm.
It was alright the first time where he took morty to a new universe but after that it made me cringe.
>oh boohoo my gf dumped me le failed suicide xd
Some of the stories are good/interesting but the artwork is laughably bad and the voice acting is annoying/mediocre.
Other than that the show just isn't very funny. I think the funniest joke was when rick and the other guy tell morty he's gay for following the will of the trees/forest.

Congrats guys, your taste is so unique it winds up sounding exactly the same. You fit in!

How would Sup Forums be different if there was a magical spell that would prevent anyone from entering a thread about a film they didn't see

>>oh boohoo my gf dumped me le failed suicide xd

Pretty sure it was more than just that. But yeah I agree the forced emotional scenes are pretty weak and don't fit well.

Sup Forums wouldn't exist

My post is nothing like their shitposts.
fuck you user

*burps*

You just tried harder than them to sound reasonable. You're doing great.

Finally! The acceptance I have long craved!
I'm confused why you included my post, though.
I legit like the show. I was just responding to OP's question as to why it gets bashed on Sup Forums.

but i did watch the first season and then the first episodes of season 2 (last one i watched was the get shwifty episode). imo the show has some potential, and some of season 1 was actually pretty memorable, but i think after it blew up in popularity online, the creators tried to force the show to become memetic, a lot like with how Archer became after season 3. Get schwifty was a stupid fucking episode that barely made sense in any context of how the characters act, and yet for the first like 4 months after it came out, tumblr (and i assume reddit) thought it was hilarious and were making image macros and gifs of it. the fanbase was horrible after season 1, and the creators ruined the show by trying to give the fans what they thought they wanted instead of creating their own unique ideas, which also happened with Archer.

It's popular, we dont like popular. not edgy enough.

YO MORTY CHECK IT OUT I'M
I'M PICKLE RICK MORTY

It's for people who smoke marijuana cigarettes and listen to sublime.

the show is pretty funny but the juvenile gross-out shit and the ultraviolence gets very tedious

>juvenile gross-out shit and the ultraviolence gets very tedious

I agree, I wish there was less of both of that. Especially since it's not necessary for the jokes being made.

I've seen every episode and think it's pretty funny but decided to hate it because it's popular on reddit

obvious shilling.

>once we've had a thread about a show, you can't have another
Is this your first time on Sup Forums?

Justin Roiland is almost certainly Sup Forums approved, but Dan Harmon injects a lot of reddit-level cringe into the show.

I still watch it because decent humor bleeds through, but it's really hit or miss.

>that one time justin roiland sang in the air tonight off-key for that lasagna cat episode
it was on that day that I knew he was alright

OP here, I actually hated the show before I saw it but now that I watched it it's not bad. Also not sure what I'm shilling for considering I watched it for free.

Futurama ripoff

>pickle rick

The show sucks when it's trying to be deep or philosophical in any way.

I thought the microverse battery episode was pretty clever, 2bh.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB BAZINGA *BURPPPP* HAHA GET IT MORTY IM BEING IRONIC *BURP*

They can't improv, but they THINK they can.

This. The improv on this show sucks when its obvious.

I've watched both seasons, and they really only poked fun at religion once or twice. It's not a running gag. For some reason though it's latched a fanbase of edgy atheist neckbeards. Honestly every Rick and Morty fan I've met in college has been some pudgy white guy with a shit beard and one wore a fedora almost every time I came across him. It's not a shit show, it's fan base gives it a bad reputation.

>it's fan base gives it a bad reputation

True. The problem with the religion stuff is that people seem it quote it too much. Like they feel they're the first one to notice how much sense it makes. Though I suppose the people it upsets are equally to blame. Letting a show you don't watch get on your nerves is quite sad.

>tfw relate to Jerry the most

I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.