What does John K actually do anymore?

What does John K actually do anymore?

I just checked his IMDB and he hasn't done anything for years. How does he make money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mw9s9nkuE30
youtu.be/CMmPfCm_Beo
youtu.be/hmSE8kGGzB0
youtube.com/watch?v=CMmPfCm_Beo
youtube.com/watch?v=UojpZ_Ec-q8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Procrastinate.

Probably some low key job, like local art instructor, or publishing agency, etc. At the time his shows were really different from the standard cartoon template; nowadays gross humor seems to be "the template" so basically he lost what he had. The same thing happened to Mike Judge.

He had a short for UFC 200 recently and more coming up, and a Simpsons intro last year.

He did a bunch of stuff for AS recently. Mostly bumpers, but he did a 20 minute Yogi Bear short that was a piece of shit.

youtu.be/Mw9s9nkuE30

youtu.be/CMmPfCm_Beo

youtu.be/hmSE8kGGzB0

Yogis day out? That shit is old man unless he did another one.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMmPfCm_Beo

It was posted in 2014. I assumed it was much more recent.

It's from 1999.

Well I'm a double dumbass then.

He lives off of Ren & Stimpy rerun money

Is he really a perv? Or is that just some rumor?

Open cans without labels.

youtube.com/watch?v=UojpZ_Ec-q8

Seeing is believing

Oh yeah. I wondered if they could just be really close but who knows.

Mike Judge outgrew his "gross" phase when he made King of the Hill. He went on to movies and then tried a liberal version of King of the Hill that was not that popular. It would be nice to see him animate something more like KoH but it's hard to create perfection twice.

Agreed, mate. King of the Hill was such a classy show.

I wouldn't say classy but the humor wasn't the crass stuff from Bevis and Butthead (hurr he hit a frog with a baseball bat).

when he will finish Cans without Label?

She compared him to a "creepy uncle" on her twitter. Make of that what you will.

He does small shorts for people here and there. He's also "working" on Cans without Labels but really he's just procrastinating and using the money idiots already gave him to survive.
>The same thing happened to Mike Judge.
>Made a couple of films
>King of the Hill lasted up to 2010's
>tried to make a liberal version of KotH (though it failed)
>Currently has a successful live action tv show running
What?

when the world dies

He discovered the magic of crowdfunding, he doesn't need to work anymore.

Didn't he animate something for a Miley Cyrus tour a few years ago?

He also animated a how too video that plays on those milkshake machine at gas stations

Wow. Fucking wow. The super animation revolutionary god, John "Eating Rice all day" K is animating shit for a milkshake machine at a gas station.

From what I know, he just lingers in obscurity, occasionally complains about animation, occasionally draws something, and does a Simpsons couch gag every few years.

am i the only one who kind of hate his little short stuff?
his Simpsons intro was trying way to hard to be wacky and out there but was just a visual mess.
he did a misic video for Weird Al a while back, it was a whole thing where animators made videos for an album. and his, again, just did its own thing. unlike everything else where people made a video that went with the sone, visually going with its story or its theme, John K made a video for a song about a guy with too high standards and the video itself was just a cat eating hot girls.
its like every project he's invited onto he treats like a resume rather than a job. "HE LOOK AT THIS THING I DID, LOOK HOW WACKY AND OUT OF THE NORM IT IS!"

what gets me is that when he did the new seaon of Bevis and Butthead it was like it was new. it was back to the same great shit it was before.
shame it never came back after than

well that and the one Spumco tell all book certainly paints him like an unprofessional lech to his female employees

He makes commercials and the occasional short. Be did a Simpson's couch gag and a couple Adult Swim bumps. But nothing amazing.

I'm not sure what these out of work animators do for money these days. Lots of them end their series and then just do fuckall for years before making a lesser show on disney or something.

The difference from Booboo goes wild to that Simpsons intro is shocking. He lost every bit of technique he had.