What the fuck is this? please tell me this is not final design

What the fuck is this? please tell me this is not final design.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CPVCrc1p0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the MCU
>Villians
You shouldn't expect anything other than a shit design at this point.

He won't keep his helmet on all the time
His wings need to feel more menacing than falcon's
The whole glider seems to be independent (i.e. he can launch it after Spider-man)
The glider looks like the face of a bird of prey.
It still has the neck-fur.

Damn shame it's not set in the Avengersverse.

Then he could simply be the disgruntled inventor of Falcon's wings.

"The DOD ripped me off! And they'll screw you over, too, soldier boy!"

>Damn shame it's not set in the Avengersverse.

But it is.

Nigga this is the same Spidey that was in Civil War

>His wings need to feel more menacing than falcon's
But they don't.

>The whole glider seems to be independent (i.e. he can launch it after Spider-man)
He's meant to be the Vulture not the Green Goblin.

Oh. So those wings could be a prototype?

>But they don't.
Yes they do.

>hurr durr, these pictures move
>they didn't move in the comics
>this sucks, why can't it be like the comics

>Getting upset about concept art
>Implying you wont do a complete 180 once a trailer drops and shows it in action
Cry more faggot
Some think its a giant drone like redwing

>why can't it be like the comics

Seems a valid question. Just using the name is kind of facile when there is more to the characters and their interactions.

>Nah.

>wahh, stop disliking what I like

I'm sick of this tacticool shit. Why not make it fantasy technology like in the comics? Or hell, rip off how Archangel's wings look in the latest X-men movie, that would be perfect for Vulture.

I wonder more about Shocker. How is he gonna look?

Are they even gonna use the whole life draining thing or is he just gonna be an evil Falcon?

>How is he gonna look?
Probably just a neutral grey tacticool suit with loads of 'cool lines' that's got some yellow on it somewhere.

The problem is that like a lot of Spideys tech based villains, it has to look like someone designed it for military application. Of course you could probably get away with Mysterio being ridiculous. But regardless, stop bitching about tacticool

>Are they even gonna use the whole life draining thing
That wasn't part of the Vulture's original M.O, so probably not.

>or is he just gonna be an evil Falcon?
Given that he's an MCU villain he'll just be "boring evil man with wings"

I expect a gold mesh of some sort

This. People still don't get that while they're taking the stories and characters from 616, the appearance of almost everything is from 1610. Which is awesome.

>The problem is that like a lot of Spideys tech based villains, it has to look like someone designed it for military application
No it doesn't. It was never stated what Toomes made the Vulture wings for in his original appearance.

Vulture doesn't not look like the OP in Ultimate you retard.

I said almost, fucktard. And more importantly, they took the whole: ''less fantasy, more military'' approach straight from Ultimate.

>Ultimate Marvel
>awesome

>Why not make it fantasy technology like in the comics?

Because they want to go for some level of realistic plausibility wherever it can fit so audiences can into immersion?

>rip off how Archangel's wings look in the latest X-men movie

Wouldn't work. That shit works based on the same principals of how birds can actually fly. He weighs much less than the average person and thus can achieve lift with his wings. You can't do that with a normal person without some manner of additional thrust.

Also, Angel's horseman wings looked fucking stupid in that movie.

ITT: People not getting that believable and realistic are two different things.

The MCU is believable, not realistic. It still needs internal logic so that they don't have to write around an old dude covered in feathers and rolling their eyes at it.

>costumes and looks from Ultimate Marvel
>not awesome

Jesus dude, learn to read.

user are you seriously going to sit here and say Marvel should have given Keaton a green birdsuit? Get real. And I get it, sometimes the tactool shit gets old and doesnt work, hell look at how fucking stupid Rhino was in ASM2. In my opinion any redesign that still makes you go "oh thats ___" at first glance then youre on the right track. Personally I think this Vulture works but thats just me.

>Green Goblin
>Hobgoblin
>Shocker
>The X-Men costumes
>The first Iron Man costume
>Awesome
Shit taste.

>I said almost
How about "not at all".

>Ultimate X-Men costumes
>not awesome
The only shit taste here.

in Winter Soldier, zooming in shows that Falcon's wings are Starktech, besides his getting an upgrade + redwing once he joins the avengers, presumably again from Stark

>user are you seriously going to sit here and say Marvel should have given Keaton a green birdsuit
Not him but yeah.

>In my opinion any redesign that still makes you go "oh thats ___" at first glance then youre on the right track.
Homecoming's Vulture looks nothing like Vulture.

>he would rather have this shit
Thank God morons like you don't have any say in these things.

All of them look terrible. Ultimate in general is terrible which is why Marvel discontinued it.

>Green
>Bird design
>White collar
Take the helmet off and you have Vulture. Im guessing they wanted a flight helmet to deviate from Falcons design

>Implying we won't get shocker classico
Gotta set up that Superior Foes franchise

>Unique villain design

It's goofy as fuck, like Spider-Man, and all of his villains. It's what keeps most of them unique. Let Venom and Hobgoblin be imposing, they're good at it. The rest don't have to be.

Yeah we have fake fans like you who eat up retarded decisions like the OP design.

>the most accurate Spider-man movie yet :)

>Not liking classic Vulture

>user are you seriously going to sit here and say Marvel should have given Keaton a green birdsuit?
To a degree, yes. If they decided to give Spider-Man a bright, Romita inspired costume then I see no reason why they couldn't have modernized the classic green suit in the same way.

Feeling the need to frequently interject 'realism' into comic books is stupid. The concept behind Spider-Man is fucking silly at it's core, just run with it and have fun instead of worrying how believable the old man in a birdsuit or anthropomorphic Lizard will look.

You do realize we are talking about a movie here? A huge blockbuster? Me liking the Vulture or not (and i do) has nothing to do with the fact that most casuals are gonna be turned off by Spiderman fighting a 100 year old dude wearing feathered green spandex.

You are talking about the same guy who dressed as Birdman, you know that?

>The X-Men
> A Superhero team/family that are supposed to have varying powers and personality
>Let's give all of them the same boring two-colour design
I suppose you loved the costumes from the first X-men movie too.

He's barely green and nothing about him screams "bird".

Spider-Man's costume is bright red and blue with fucking cobwebs all over it and two big cartoony spiders. If you can accept that, you can accept anything. His costume, is awesome as it is, is just as strange and goofy as most of the shit from the Silver Age. Hell, it's even as goofy as some Golden Age shit that came before him.

Just because he's the protagonist and more popular doesn't make his shit less silly.

>Me liking the Vulture or not (and i do) has nothing to do with the fact that most casuals are gonna be turned off by Spiderman fighting a 100 year old dude wearing feathered green spandex.
None of them have been turned off by the image of a 15 year old in Red and Blue spandex fighting a giant Paul Rudd in red and black spandex, or the giant tree man and talking racoon.

This would be perfect desu

Spider-man is a well known, classic hero with hugely successful movies. Also, don't get fucking smart with me, with that kind of wording you can make anything in the comics seem ridiculous. Vulture would look retarded in MCU, deal with it.

Vulture's a cartoonish character- like something out of a Tezuka comic.

Trying to make him BADASS or SCARY is a counter-intuitive endeavor. Doc Ock is very much similar in that regard.

>You do realize we are talking about a movie here? A huge blockbuster?
And?

> Me liking the Vulture or not (and i do) has nothing to do with the fact that most casuals are gonna be turned off by Spiderman fighting a 100 year old dude wearing feathered green spandex.
Why?

People always make this excuse. Spider-man has one of the weirdest costumes in comic book history and he translated fine to live action (but of course the MCU felt the need to add tacticool bullshit to his costume too).

Batman is another one. It's guy dressed like a bat, with underwear on the outside, a belt full of gadets, a giant bat silhouette on his chest, and a huge cape. That design has been in 8 movies.

That's an entirely different problem.

You're fucking blind

He will look retarded no matter what, Vulture was never some serious villain. it's Michael Keaton being a flying old dude who talks funny. They should just embrace it.

>Spider-man is a well known, classic hero with hugely successful movies.
Not always. They took a chance with that first movie, especially since there were scripts going around in the 90s the changed Spider-man completely (there's one that had him as a literal spider monster and did body horror shit, like Fant4stic).

Deadpool is the same thing. He was a weird abomination in Wolverine Origins and the creators of the Deadpool movie had to fight Fox hard to get an accurate take on the character for the big screen. Now it's a hit. And years from now people will be making the same excuses you are, "oh Deadpool is a successful well known property though, they can't do Hellcow that's too silly!"

These studios have no balls to adapt something correctly.

youtube.com/watch?v=9CPVCrc1p0s

KEEP VULTURE FRILLY

>NOT MUH VULTURE

Holy shit, Sup Forums.

I'm surprised we haven't had a "NOT MUH KAECILIUS" or "NOT MUH TASERFACE" thread yet.

They could easily call him "tacticool Man-Bat" and there'd be no difference

>Spider-man is a well known, classic hero with hugely successful movies.
Correct. But Captain America was a complete Joke to normies prior to the avengers yet none of them had a problem with his silly design in that movie. As long as it doesn't look grossly incompetent or cheap people don't care.

>Vulture would look retarded in MCU, deal with it.
Yes he would, but not any more retarded than several other characters that have already been committed to film and accepted by normies.

There were threads like this for Ultron, Mandarin, etc. Basically the guys who either were inaccurate in terms of personality, origin, or everything.

Nobody bitched about Red Skull, Loki, Iron Monger, etc.

To be fair they did cover Cap in puffy blankets and needless straps all over and made a purposely ill-fitting, low quality material version of his comic suit to shit all over it.

This man gets it

But Cap's costume in Avengers did look grossly incompetent.

The Vulture is cartoonish in design only. In many Spidey comics, especially his early appearances, Vulture is presented as a serious threat.

wait Shocker has been confirmed???? You lying nigga?

Should've used the GOAT design

>To be fair they did cover Cap in puffy blankets and needless straps all over
That was in The First Avenger. The Avengers costume was slimline, bright, and featured the stars and stripes design on his abdomen. It looked stupid yeah, but it wasn't one of the main complaints that anyone had with the movie.

>made a purposely ill-fitting, low quality material version of his comic suit to shit all over it.
Yeah that was pretty low. Though I actually though that suit looked pretty alright on Evans.

That wing design is fucking great. Fuck you.

>Looked stupid

Nah, that shit was baller as fuck, even the blue belt. The only problem with that suit was a lack of wing tips, and they went with a shitty rubber cowl instead of this perfection.

Yep. This guy plays him.

They might have accidentally confirmed both Shocker and Tinkerer

I don't want Shocker anymore.

>tfw no 90s Vulture

might be great.

I'm just happy Shocker is finally getting a live action appearance. He's my favorite spidey rogue

Well it says concept art so i'm gonna assume no
>The first Iron Man costume
>bad
kill yourself

This could work. Just give the wings a metallic sheen like and use the anti grav harness like in the comics. That would set him apart from Falcon for sure, who basically has a jet pack with wings

>That faggot playing Flash
>That awful tumblr haircut
>Shorter and scrawnier than Peter
This still disgusts me.

I'm honestly surprised this one or the Web of Shadows and Marvel Knights designs weren't used.

Marvel Knights design was great

>kill yourself
You have to be over 18 to post on here.

>That would set him apart from Falcon for sure

Why would you want to? Implying they branch from the same tech is cool.

Is this Captain Planet? I'm confused, didn't we all agree on tokens being bad? Why do people want a cast like this?

>Peter is now the closest thing to a white person in his own movie
Why is this allowed?

Sorry I want more super sciency things like a fucking anti gravity harness than more Starktech jetpacks

Amy Pascal still involved?

They can be from the same branch, but why wouldnt Toomes improve it?

>Cast is full of token minority actors for no reason
>Ned Leeds is a school kid and Peter's best friend
>Not learning from ASM2 and still throwing three villians into the plot
And people expected Marvel to do a better job than Sony why?

>implying most people here even know who Taserface is

You could count the number of people here that have read OG Guardians on one hand.

>Sorry I want more super sciency things like a fucking anti gravity harness than more Starktech jetpacks

Who says it can't be both?

> but why wouldnt Toomes improve it?
I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying it'd be stupid if the two didn't have something to do with the other. Of course he can modify it for his own ends. It'd be lame if he didn't.

And even then. IF some of the rumors are true, his suit and the Falcon's are related. Supposedly Toomes' version is going tobe integrated with salvaged Chitauri tech.

What about the talons? Or the bird face in the helmet? Or the gigantic fucking wings on his back?

"The Winter Soldier" had four main villains. Five if you count Batroc.

>Damn shame it's not set in the Avengersverse.

Where the fuck have you been?

It's still Sony, just Marvel approved

>Who says it can't be both?
It doesnt ned to be, at all
>I'm just saying it'd be stupid if the two didn't have something to do with the other
Good fucking lord, how do you read comic books? Does everything have to be connected? Don't you like variety? Let me guess, you don't want this Shocker to have built his own gauntlets, but would prefer if they were defective Iron Man gauntlets he found right? Kravens jungle serum should be old SSSerum too right? There's literally nothing wrong with not wanting Vulture and Falcons wings to be connected

But TWS was the only one in costume, and most of them were behind the scenes conspirators like villains in a Bourne movie.
Sticking three costumed villains into a movie has rarely worked and never has with Spider-Man.

This movie could be a literal remake of ASM2 and people will still praise it because muh mcu.

>"The Winter Soldier" had four main villains.
>Five if you count Batroc.

I don't. The only 'main' villain I acknowledge in TWS was Pierce. Zola was just exposition, Batroc was slightly more than a cameo, and Bucky and Rumlow were essentially glorified henchmen. Which is probably what Tinkerer and Shocker will be in Homecoming.