Daily reminder that this is the best trilogy of the past 15 years and one of the greatest trilogies in film history

Daily reminder that this is the best trilogy of the past 15 years and one of the greatest trilogies in film history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9d09JLBVRc
youtube.com/watch?v=my2q9_hRqjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ive herd that the 3rd movie was kinda weak tho?

havent seen it yet, but i fucking loved the first 2, and i agree, probably the best "blockbuster" series in the last years

Except they have to keep doing ass-pulls to explain why humans fumbled the entire conflict.

And I'm getting a little tired of Serkis' performance being hailed as "FOR YOUR OSCAR CONSIDERATION" at every fucking turn. He's an angry monkey general. Leading monkeys. He's a fucking monkey. He peaked when he played Gollum.

What kind of retard enjoys these movies?

Saw the third movie last night. It sucks. Massive let-down. Boring and underwhelming as hell.

APES

I didn't even know it had more than one movie.

>watching cartoons
kill yourself my man

Wrong

They're actually pretty damn overrated. They're solid movies that seem better than they actually are because most blockbuster movies these days are garbage. If they had come out 10 years ago people wouldn't praise them as much.

>I've herd the 3rd movie was kinda weak though
From who? By all accounts, it's being received much better than the first two, which were already well received by critics and regular viewers alike

Civil war was shit.

>of the of the

i fucking love these movies.

Haven't seen the first one, but 2 and 3 are borderline unwatchable.

Probably the best one of the reboots so far.

Rise is OK, but jus OK in my opinion.
Dawn is better, but is still lacking in some places.
War is pretty damn good, minor complaints aside.

With the reboots I feel like the more they focus on the apes, and less on humans, the better they get. The apes story is more interesting, which it should be of course.

they may be overrated but at the same time they are a thousand times better than sequels to a reboot of a remake ever deserve to be
even as a standalone blockbuster they're better than most of the Transformers-esque or capeshit bollocks we get force fed
even as just a trilogy it's amazing that all 3 of the films are at worst just good films - even the godfather couldn't manage it.

Winter Soldier > TFA >>>>> Civil War

Only decent one was Winter Soldier. And that one was just decent, though capeshitter overrate it because it one or two decent action scenes that wasn't the CGI clusterfuck they're used to and think are normal.

What does Armond think of the third. I know he LOVED the first but HATED the second

well, mainly from Sup Forums and thats what surprised me, since people here usually love the previous 2

id still see it by any means in the next week or so, but Sup Forums shitting on it kinda weirded me out

>people will remember this trilogy in five years

I don't even remember it now.

Retards seriously like these shit movies?

No one on this board remembers anything that isn't a comic flick or something that has a 'hilarious meme' associated with it

>Civil War
>noone dies

What did marvel mean by this?

have you come to save your apes

It had no right being as good as it was, but alas here we are.

did they ever explain what happened to James Franco?

I seen the remake of the first film a decade ago but none of these three. Should I rewatch that first or does it not matter?

youtube.com/watch?v=v9d09JLBVRc

Dawn gave me my favourite film review of all time so the series is just fine my me you fucks
do you really think I can't handle another reboot?

>Taking Sup Forums's collective opinion into account
>Ever
Reminder that this board unironically made this image

this. bunch of autists on Sup Forums, all theyre good at is bashing movies they dont like.

he died

The remake is a completely forgettable movie. This new trilogy is not on the level of the very original of course but it's the best thing since. It's pretty darn good and really it's just surprising to be as great as it is considering it's a big action packed Hollywood blockbuster version of Planet of the Apes.

with this trilogy, yes watch the first.

Nothing to do with that remake, they are prequels to the original 60's film.

that's an odd thing to take issue with

watchmen is god tier desu senpai, rest are shit though.

I've seen Planet of the Apes but I haven't seen any of its four sequels. Are they worth watching? I heard that most of them got mixed reception.

They're pretty hit or miss.

>watchmen
no. its shit as well.

the original movie that got remade also had prequals.

there was the original movie of astronauts coming home to holy shit ape world

then one directly after where basically dystopian humans set off a nuclear bomb and kill everybody

then a prequal with an ape couple that were nice from the first movie, they have a kid called Caesar but die at the end.

Next movie is Caesar as a slave, end of it is when the apes kicked back

then theres a movie where they are at war with humans

I've not seen the new trilogy but I imagine it's based on the original prequals ive already seen

>Watchmen is God tier

And what do you consider non-shit then, friend?

I LOVED Dawn but thought Rise was just okay. Can't wait to see War but for my money I think the recent X-Men trilogy (First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse) is the best trilogy of recent times!!!FACT!!!

I liked First Class and DOFP was alright but come on user you know Apocalypse was dog shit

your moms ass

How can literal shit be non-shit? I don't understand.

You're going to see her movie, right Sup Forums?

>namefag
>pleb
It checks out

>literal shit
Why would you talk about your mother like that ? You weren't raised like that, David. Go eat your tendies.

Is this whole thread one BIG STEALTH MARKETING CAMPAIGN for this new black people dehumanisation by jews FLICK?????
No one here thinks Chimp Away 4 The White Chimpmass except maybe original is any good.

I agree and personally cannot wait for the return of monKINO
this gonna be up there with LOTR trilogy by the end.
I just rewatched dawn and rise and each one just stands up perfectly on its own.
>something is gonna happen to maurice and I swear to god Im gonna start sobbing in the theatre
dont fucking do it reeves. just dont.

its only a matter of time before Sup Forums contrarians hate on it for no reason other than the fact that everyone likes it.

No fucking way, Apocalypse felt like a big budget 80's B-movie which was appropriate since it took place in 83!!!FACT!!!

literally only one good movie

>my favourite film review of all time
now mine too. that was bloody brilliant. i've even subscribed to rosenthal. thanks for linking.

youtube.com/watch?v=my2q9_hRqjI
little loli becomes ape orphan
helps apes win the war
she's the one the astronauts meet when they come back named nova in the original

I mean this movie is gonna be so full of feels and action I cant stand it.
>people not enjoying the monkino trilogy
people like this make me sick, they cant even enjoy human work like this. koba was the best villian since darth vader. and they are the reason we dont get nice things in mass media.

>Trilogy
>Have to watch supplementary movies in between the sequels.

Also, First avenger is pretty weak. It's a by the numbers super hero film, with WWII barely in it. It's the safest tamest, montagiest WWII ever. The ending is also the shittiest ending to just about any super hero movie ever.

>capeshit
You're such a fucking idiot

Because people are surprised when interesting blockbusters come out because the theater is dominated with crass animated films and mediocre, bland superhero movies that aim for the lowest common denominator and don't even attempt any style or artistic flair

I can't get past the basic premise. "Oh hey, we accidentally made a virus that simultaneously killed 99.99% of humans and made all the lower primates intelligent. Oopsie!"

It makes zombie movies seem realistic by comparison.

t. capeshitters

Fuck you guys, I guarantee you paid to see Spider-Man Homecoming, just fuck off

This trilogy is the LotR of our time, unironically.

Dawn was frankly fantastic, it had great action, good story, it was balanced and did not pander to any one side or forced agenda and displayed the ambiguous morality present on both sides. And CGI is now good enough that you can watch an entire tribe of computer generated apes and not have it affect your enjoyment at all which is a huge boon to the apes' characters and development.

I agree.

Also the fact that they manage to take such a ridiculous concept and make it so serious and emotional without it feeling pathetic or forced is insane to me. Le apes on horseback dual wielding machine guns sounds like a randumb Michael Bay concept but it's handled so well.

KOBA DID NOTHING WRONG AND CAESAR LOVE HUMAN MORE THAN APE

fuck caesar. glad he's gonna go from mlk to malcom x in this movie. its been a great character development for all of them really.
>people forget koba was in dawn
RIP buck