RIP JACK DAVIS 1924-2016

One of the true cartooning gods has left us

Other urls found in this thread:

dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation/report-famed-uga-athletics-artist-jack-davis-has-died
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump in respect.

One of the goddamn best

FUCK

He retired from regular drawing work two years ago.

Good. The more they die, the more comics die.
I want comic books to die, today

I know this won't get a stick since anything pre-Bronze Age is nearly unknown on this board, but let's do try to keep it bumped at least. Dude was a LEGEND and deserves a thread to last at least the rest of today.

ha ha, no
I propose to anyone posting in this thread using sage in "option"

Unparalleled work ethic and lifelong dedication to his craft

I might storytime some EC stuff if I get the chance

Great Minds think alike give it 5 minutes and we will get the EC on in this thread.

We must fight through all the new comic storytimes with Jack Davis GOODNESS

COME ALONG IF YOU DARE!

I don't know shit about Jack Davis. What's his best stuff?

EC Comics, MAD magazine and such.

You are in for a treat user

The first five issues of MAD were all him. Back when it wasn't yet a "Magazine" and was stil a parody comic.

A source...

dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation/report-famed-uga-athletics-artist-jack-davis-has-died

His MAD Magazine work is the stuff of legend. Arguably the magazine's best artist.

Where you have probably seen his work is on Movie Posters like Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World or The Long Goodbye

ATTENTION: THIS POSTER IS A FAGGOT!

His primary comics work was for EC Comics (horror, crime, war comics) and particularly Mad Magazine.

He also did stuff outside of comics, like for Time Magazine and TV Guide, and also did some movie posters like this one for the movie It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

There's a pretty high chance you might've encountered his work at some point but not know it.

that's a compliment, you idiot

Interesting piece of trivia- Jack was a devout Christian and only took on the horror assignments because that was where the money was at the time. He only retired from MAD when they started getting more edgy in the late 90s. In fact, he often thought of some of the material as "distasteful".

Someone post the Long Goodbye poster I can't because in storytime

it is SO GOOD

Also, if you read Marvel Comics from the 1970's, you might've seen ads he drew for, too.

>being a faggot is a compliment

>>>/anywherebuthere/

GOOD LORD

Not that many of that crew of people at MAD left now.

At least Marie Severin's still alive. She was the one who colored the EC titles.