Review embargo drops one day before international release

>Review embargo drops one day before international release

comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/karen-fukuhara-on-her-suicide-squad-audition-to-play-katana-a143952

Time to panic.

Other urls found in this thread:

hitfix.com/news/box-office-experts-batman-v-supermans-huge-second-weekend-drop-is-alarming
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah that isn't a good sign. Still hope it's good though

It'll probably be okay-to-bad, but won't trigger as much people and receive as much criticism for not being nearly as pretentious and self-indulgent as BvS.

>It'll probably be okay-to-bad, but won't trigger as much people and receive as much criticism for not being nearly as pretentious and self-indulgent as BvS.

Until Jared Leto talks about how edgy he is and how acted like a perverted nutjob to prepare for the role :P

>not "time to freak"

I'm not that predictable.

They did this for Jurassic World and the reviews were great. The movie was kinda shit imo though, extremely overrated.

Of course he isnt. The joker is Tim

You're right, they should totally pull a Fox and release reviews of X-Men Apocalyse early to a 30% RT score so people can laugh at it for a week or so.

Releasing reviews early doesn't really matter for blockbusters, since most people go for the spectacle. If it was some small budget art film, the extra talk and advertising of critic reviews can help a lot, hence why they're released way early.

Blockbusters are largely critic-proof from an audience attendance perspective, so there's no reason for them not to delay it.

>Kinda

Stop worrying.

>71% on RT
That's a loose definition of great reviews.

I'll be honest, there's a part of me that hopes it's shit and bombs to see the aftermath.

>Blockbusters are largely critic-proof from an audience attendance perspective

Not anymore.

>Releasing reviews early doesn't really matter for blockbusters
It's 2016 grandpa, people are basing what movies they see now on reviews. A bunch of blockbusters under-performed or bombed this year due to their reviews.

What's the different between that and pulling a Warner, releasing BvS reviews on premiere day to a 27% score and being laughed about to this day?

Review embargos haven't meant shit for a while.

TFA reviews didn't go up until like a couple days before release. This is pretty standard operating procedure these days.

It'll be heartbreaking for the cast...they look they they're having a blast on set in that b-roll footage. But that doesn't stop movies from being bad.

David Ayer usually has a shitty movie after making a good one, and his last film was Fury, so...

>Couple of days.

Keyword right here.

Movies that withhold the reviews until a few days before the premiere are just being secretive.

Movies that withhold reviews until the last day before the premiere, which is the cutoff for any embargo anyway, are mostly trying to cover up a movie they know will be badly received.

The fact that SS is only being screened for critics on Sunday is also kind of a red flag.

That was 8 months ago. Times have changed.

any set where the actors are having fun means the movie is gonna bomb

It's actually WB policy to have the movie reviewed 3 days before the release.

They did the same with the Dark Knight.

This. Anything with a low 70 is basically shit.

It's WB policy you retards.

Fury Road's review embargo was the exact same time frame.

Why?

Sure it is.

And that movie flopped.

That actually is their policy. And the guy who wrote the story about WB thinking BvS sucks says he has actually heard anything bad about Suicide Squad.

The absolute worst thing that has come about in recent times is this insider idea that any of us have any idea what we're talking about based on nebulous trends and the word of "insiders" who's entire information cycle is based on deciphering these same nebulous trends.

And it was very well received.

>people are basing what movies they see now on reviews
That explains why Ghostbusters is making so much bank.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TIME FOR ANOTHER DC FLOP

BvS beat the trend

I'll take a win where I can with that movie. No matter how shitty a win it is.

>The actors can tell if the movie is gonna be bad, look at Ben Affleck in BvS
>The actors are having fun its gonna bomb
I just don't understand anymore.

Well people were adamant about not seeing it period.

Not a great win.

hitfix.com/news/box-office-experts-batman-v-supermans-huge-second-weekend-drop-is-alarming

Ghostbusters received rather middling reviews despite getting a certified fresh, bro.

keking at everyone going to see BvS anyway. I'm dying to see it specifically because of the terrible reviews (won't spend money though, and am too lazy to pirate, waiting for it to come on TV/Netflix. So not really dying, but I'll see it at some point).

>cites metacritic in a RT discussion
>89% on RT
kys

Yeah I'm still laughing at how retarded "critics" are.

> "No! No! Play by my rules!"

That's basically what you're doing by bringing up Metacritic

RIP ass dan

It's 3 days before the US premier, which is standard. BvS was the day before.

>a DC movie is bad
No way what a surprise!

Also, it was screened for critics last Tuesday.

No shill rules, just facts ;^)

>THIS IS KA TA NA. SHE GOT MUH BACK

>one freak breaks from the standard
>now its cause for panic when others stick to the standard

Go fuckity fuck yourself OP

>It'll be heartbreaking for the cast...

Someone post the pic with the BvS cast being all sad after the RT reviews. mfw the same happens with Suicide Squad.

Ask Kubrick

Mousekateers out in force, you guys really that scared of this movie doing well?

Yes, cos the LoTR trilogy was so remarkably awful.

Am I the only one who feels this Joker is a bit of a flanderization of the character?

>Mousekateers

Can't be worse than deadpool

>inb4 deadpool was good
no...not it wasn't

the only actual real post in this thread.

Didn't they do it mad max too?? It just seems like standard operating procedure. Makes sense seeing as if its bad people are already planning on going to see it. and if its good...who cares?

Do you think any of these blockbusters get good reviews?? I don't mean "RT scores" i mean their actual average score

Even "certified fresh" Disney's Marvel's Flicks tend to get 6-7/10 scores.
thats pretty much means its a "C" film. Better than a failure but these movies don't get actually good reviews

>Time to panic.

Not even shitposting but damn, this is killing my boner.

Surely it can't be worse than BvS.

As least I'm drinking before this one.

>What's the different between that and pulling a Warner, releasing BvS reviews on premiere day to a 27% score and being laughed about to this day?
Most people had already brought tickets. It opened huge and tapered off within a week, if they had let the reviews slip a week before they wouldn't have sold a ticket.

That would all sound well and good if DC didn't panic and go full retard damage control mode since BvS bu not only copying Marvel but outright aping everything that makes their movies good. From what we've seen of the trailers of both skwad and JL the characters are pretty much choking on their own quips.

>tfw my favourite movies are all under 70 and mostly around 30.

a-am I a pleb?

You've seen the film already then, tell us about it.

>inb4 deadpool was good
It was exactly what it was billed to be.

So we're just going to ignore the fact that WB does this with all their films including Mad Max and TDK. Easier to spread FUD before it comes out

>Better than a failure but these movies don't get actually good reviews
They are cape flicks, by very definition it's hard for them to be good. The calls some marvel fans have made for their heroes to get oscars and stuff is hilarious.

As long as the movie isn't a total clusterfuck like BvS it's about as good as a super hero movie is going to be, the ceiling is low.

>not only copying Marvel
What marvel film did BvS copy?

Where do you think you are? You are posting in a console wars bait thread, people are going to ignore and make up anything they want.

But... those movies were bad.

Mad Max wasn't bad. Costumes, sounds and world building were all fantastic, which is what you expect in a MM film.

>if DC didn't panic and go full retard damage control mode since BvS

they've been like that since the BvS pre-screenings.

yes, same thing with Mad Max.

review embargo dropping a day (or few days) before release is standard for WB. movie can still be received well or not, nonetheless.

Because BvS opened everywhere on the same day.

>the cast got tattoos because of this movie

It will make the flop even sadder

I don't get it what am I missing in that article that's a cause for alarm?

Mouseketeer pls

You're not special for being the fifth person to post that in this thread

disney shills trying to make this movie do bad

Marvelniggers are subhuman filth

Their comics are basically dead and their shows are being purged so movies are all they have.

Yes.

>being this bootyblasted