What are some movies about the importance of sincerity and the rejection of irony?

What are some movies about the importance of sincerity and the rejection of irony?

Trying to be sincere on purpose is paradoxically insincere.

Batman

>tfw your life has just become one long episode of irony and confusion

>tfw sincerity is a thing of the past

the comedy, pretty obvious answer

>it's Sup Forums pleb read three meme threads on /lit/ episode

Stop pretending to be smart, fat ass

kek

Sure DFW baby

kys pleb

bingo. This movie is a beautiful example of how empty of a human being you can end up if you spend every waking moment using irony as a protective outer shell

>pleb idiot calls other plebs

Ugh.

t. Howard Bloom

what's your favorite book then so we can all laugh at you

>what's your favorite book then so we can all laugh at you

you have to be 18 to post here

unironically this. The scene where he is in the black club is pretty funny. Also I really like the scene of him playing wiffleball drinking beer. I wish I had friends that did that. fuck the critics were wrong on this one

this, sincerity is generally bullshit

What the fuck?

mental sincerity and heartfelt sincerity are different. People will be sincere and say sincere things even though they might not actually care and are only saying it to appear to be sincere and caring

P much any film by Wes Anderson honestly

Speaking of DFW, everyone should watch End of the Tour, it's mumblecore but it's really comfy and well acted/written.

DFW: I thought "Unforgiven" is the first really smart Western since, I don't know, early Peckinpah.

ROSE: I do, too. I loved it.

DFW: What's interesting is I don't know a single female who likes the film. It's very odd. I talk to all these people --

ROSE: It's interesting you say that.

DFW: -- about "Unforgiven" --

ROSE: It's interesting you say that because --

DFW: -- and females think, "Western? It stinks." And if you can get them to watch it, it's not a Western at all. I mean, it's a moral drama. It's -- you know, it's Henry James, basically. But it's very odd.

ROSE: My girlfriend and I -- Amanda hates the film and it's the one film that I just have a wider difference with her than any other film that we've seen together.

DFW: Yeah. If I were going to try to do something, I'd want to do something like that. But that was also an enormous success story -- luck story. David Webb Peoples -- reclusive, weird screenwriter -- I don't know much about him. This script had been shopped around for years and finally Clint Eastwood bought it and Clint Eastwood's got enough juice to go, "Okay, I'll star in it so they'll make it." This was a weird Western. This is very cerebral for a Western and I think the only way that it could have got made was if a, you know, star director, you know, was willing to do it. And the thing about it is, I think for every script like that that gets made, there've got to be, you know, hundreds of these really intelligent, cool scripts

That's HAROLD Bloom, you annisemite

you can do it lad, were all going to make it

He pretty much called Trump during the Clinton era. How do you get to be as smart as DFW?

look at that god awful haircut