Why didn't he become a big horror icon like Freddy or Jason? What went wrong?

Why didn't he become a big horror icon like Freddy or Jason? What went wrong?

idk,

that ds9 episode where he was adult jake sisco was one of favorites,

Mexicans and Black people commit the most crimes despite their non-majority population in the United States

maybe the whole scary black man thing hit a little too close to home for people

But he is a horror icon, just not as big as those.

Because he's an identification figure. The others aren't, really.

Because the movie was boring as shit. I rewatched it and fell asleep a couple times.

minorities are also the most fucked by the system so they're more likely to resort those kinds of things.

you should know from being a gigantic faggot

Man virginia madsens tits and bush in that movie are fucking lit

>WE WUZ OPPRESSION
it ain't the 1930s, nigger. Your failure is no one's fault but your own.

nah. you're the nigger faggot. kill yourself

Freddy and Jason have recognizable hooks. Freddy's movies have the dream sequence gimmick, while Jason took off initially as the representation of the slasher genre, even if his movies weren't that great from a horror perspective

Because he's black. Not even trying to be an edgy racist, that's the reason.

well at the time he was very popular along the lines of dr giggles people just kind of forgot about the movie.

>while Jason took off initially as the representation of the slasher genre,
why not Michael Myers? wasn't he the first by a couple of years? Not an expert on the genre though

Well the story was all wrap up and done, thats why the sequels pretty much are a a copy of parts of the original.
This asshole here is why this board is useless and the worst board in this entire site, him and the other retards that can't cut it on Sup Forums are here just to ruin every single thread with their bullshit.

>minorities are also the most fucked by the system so they're more likely to resort those kinds of things.
>you should know from being a gigantic faggot

I wasn't aware the high percentage of crime coming from the gay community. Thanks user. I learned something today.

the saying candyman in front of the mirror thing was pretty good even though it's just bloody mary.

That episode was so fucking good.

You can't be serious. High crime rate has a lot more to do with how a population govern itself than anything.

Ah yes all those Asian criminals.

No clue but Candyman is one of my favorite movies ever
"The pain, I can assure you, will be exquisite. As for our deaths, there is nothing to fear. Our names will be written on a thousand walls. Our crimes told and retold by our faithful believers. We shall die together in front of their very eyes and give them something to be haunted by. Come with me and be immortal."

Candyman
Candyman
Candyman
Candyman
Candyman

He is just a white guy with no empathy for people who aren't him. How would he ever be able to understand how a system has been rigged against your race for generations? He knows that we had a black president so racism was solved and everyone is treated the same now.

Blue baby

how's that liberal arts degree going for you? hmmm? well i'm sure mcdonald's will always be hiring

But he's right as to that's why.
Actually think about it. "Big scary black man" is considered a thing all on it's own. If a whole country (especially when the film came out) considers an entire race to be evil, murderous psychos in real life, then an evil murderous psycho of that race, but with a hook isn't exactly a jump for them.
user could of been trying to be racist or he could of been trying to call them out. It doesn't change the fact that he was correct.

And at 15$ an hour too must make you salty having put time into a job that has no value by comparison

tony todd should have been a bigger star, apparently he was considered for the role of captain sisco probably would have been great, not to take anything away from avery brooks

People are always treated differently. You think all whites are treated the same? Care to explain how your so called "system" works?

i've never heard of this one, should i try it?

You get the same results as say beetlejuice

Fuck, I remember when Candyman came out on VHS and it was always rented out for the first few weeks. We finally got to rent it and it was scary as fuck to me ( I was like 5 years old and there was absolutely 0 black people in Canada back then).

I wish I could relive those days.

It wasn't until I read the original story that I discovered that Candyman was originally white and British. They made him black when they moved the story to America.

probably of our ghost stories are originally british,

people tend to make things about themselves or things familiar to them.

my fucking sides

what is so funny, people like fantasy and when it becomes to real they may not like it so much