Valkyrie casting

I have nothing against this casting , I just don't understand it.

I'd actually understand one if one of the warriors three was black or lady sif but Valkyrie is more of an icon in norse mythology.

Can anyone help explain ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRjLCD3d8d4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

White people are scared of niggers, what is there to explain?

She's hot, who cares?

She's half white

yeah I can tell

Nigga, I'm black and theres no way anyone actually thinks shes hot. Look at her skin, shitty. look at here teeth, yellow. look at her eyes, shits dirtier than poop water. Look at here nose and her eyes, she's goddamn melting. Shes skinny Oprah, maybe even oprahs hotter than her.

>Scandinavian/Norse character
>black

>Scandinavian
>White

When will this meme end, Sup Forums?

>my opinions are the only opinions that matter because I'm black.
Hmm. Interesting. Tell me more.

SWEDEN YES

>some white Asgardians come to Earth
>tell Norse people stories about Asgard
>Norse people assume all Asgardians were white like the visitors

There
Theres no arguing against this dont even try

Heimdall is the fairest of the asgardian, and he was played by a black dude. They are playing on that. So the "fairest" ones that the neo nazi clatch on are being turned into black persons so they shit their pants.

The gods in the MCU are just human looking aliens that the Norse took for gods.
Because the Norse are white they projected their whiteness onto the gods, sort of like how white people depict Jesus as white and blacks depict him as black even though he was neither.

There are multiple Valkyrie in the MU...maybe this isn't Brunnhilde...or whatever I don't care she's hot and Idris Elba is the best part of the Thor movies.

Were black people asking for this even before the current political climate or did most not really care? In the first Cap movie they glossed over interment camps and segregated units.

are there any black norse gods in the comic? any pre 2008?

>Stoic nigga was the best part of Thor

Idris Elba is one of the most overblown actors in hollywood.

Maybe you are just a fucking racist???

They made hiemdall, "the whitest god" black. They clearly don't care about actual myth or are distinctly out to troll people

>ayy, racism!!!1!!
Back to /blm/, motherfucker.

Well that's just like your opinion man

Black people largely depict him as white because that's how they were introduced to him. Black jesus exists purely as a reaction to racial oppression/whitewashing

"Icon in Norse Mythology"

That's where you fuckes up, user. Never mind that this isn't based on "Norse Mythology" as much as based on a comic, loosely based on Norse Mythology... But MCU Asguardians are aliens.

So it really doesn't matter if black, Chinese or Indian. She's an alien

I'm just sorry Sif is getting fucked over again

Soon as you go back to Sup Forums, feggit

Being progressive is being a troll?
You realize it's 2016 and the world is not full of white people right??

Hey guy I'm white and I agree with the black dude. Shes not hot. You have shit taste

Why would aliens have different skin colors like humans? Melanin differences are due to living environments and climates . Applying human racial differences to Gods is completely stupid and illogical

He's making dem Disney bux though
>Zootopia
>Finding Dory
>Jungle Book

>implying i'm from Sup Forums
Honestly, i don't get the deal with Marvel pushing diversity on a setting that has nothing to do with it.
I don't know how niggers don't feel offended by being shoehorned on everything just for pity and not receiving a right treatment by Marvel.
I'm a spic, and i don't like the idea of adding a short, taco-eater norse god called Juan, it feels cheap.

You are literally a white guy writing like a racist caricature of a black guy. Stop.

Because it is cheap. Marvel is shit at diversity. It's always hilarious unintentionally racist. Like when all the black heroes meet up even though they have nothing binding them except for being black

Why would they look human at all? Why not giant bugs or squid people? Hmmmm

There is no need to be progressive with a thing based on myth, and it's actually kind of insulting to the culture it's from to use it as another staging ground for this mad war over diversity. Aren't unique cultural heritages exactly the kind of thing we're trying to protect with this inclusion business? It all seems ass backwards to me.
>Melanin differences are due to living environments and climates
Why would an alien world not have this, especially one clearly capable of producing extremely earth like species?

You're in luck user, she's part spic too

Yes becausenthis comic book movie clearly strived to be mythology accurate. Where's the part of the myth where Thor is cast out by Odin and has to get his hammer back from a clandestine US governments agency?

HueHue here.
Why the fuck are they black washing the Norse gods?
It's not even diversity, there isn't a latino God, or a Chinese God. Well there is Hogun, but if you blink you will miss him.

Yet you people are the only ones bitching about it,literally no one else cares. Like they didn't give a shit about Heimdall either.

Because niggers are the only suffering racial minority, duh.

She actually can count as a Latino god given her heritage. I mean if everyone here thinks Tony ravioli is indian...

>I don't know how niggers don't feel offended by being shoehorned on everything just for pity and not receiving a right treatment by Marvel.
Well I do. I'd rather a story based on african myth than have black people tacked on to a white myth. Of course no one actually gives a shit about culture or diversity, so that's far too much to ask.

Fuck I hate what the world's become. Bunch of greedy assholes and sociopathic bullies pretending to be champions of equality

> but Valkyrie is more of an icon in Norse mythology.

Isn't the whole point of the Valkyries that their are multiple of them in Norse mythology. It's not all one chick. If you're really using mythology as the argument then there's no reason one random Valkyrie couldn't be black.

Well I did say they clearly didn't care

I am loving all the salt and autistic rage this shit brings out here , only to ultimately be meaningless in the end when nobody gives a shit.

Except "Valkyre" is actually her super hero codename, she is called Brunhilde.

Black people can be named brunhilde. You should meet a haitian, they have all kinds of regionally displaced names

I would normally go "Hey I do care about Valkyre" but then I remember marvel already shat the bed when it comes to the defenders and she will be just a pointless minor character while Heroes for Hire gets pushed as Marvel's third big team.

Nah, i just like to argue with SJW.

My point is that it's not one random Valkyre that is "Valkyre" the super hero but an actual individual that they are race changing and not that "Her name is Brunhilde so she can't be black".

I am offended. More at the condescending and patronizing whites that force Marvel to do shit like this and not Marvel themselves despite some questionable choices.

As someone else pointed out Marvel should play up other pantheons. Bring back the God Squad but with their avatars or some shit.

But user, there are no SJWs here. You're invan echo chamber shouting at the boogeyman

>there are no SJWs
>on the board where arguing against the liberal agenda means a ban because 'casual racism'

Can we stop with this Sup Forumsphobia? Sup Forums is a board of peace. Sup Forums doesn't preach racism, sexism and homophobia like you all seem to think it does.

Those who do are NOT real Sup Forumsacks and get openly ostracised. I'm sick of this bigotry to a minor group. You just hate boards with less population. You blame them for your own troubles.

It's 2016. All Sup Forums boards must unite and stop this board divisiveness.

Ease up on the double question marks, it gives you away immediately.

I woukd Sup Forums to have a bigger population than Sup Forums, especially after the Sup Forums migration a while back

That doesn't explain Jacked Korean Jesus.

Or god forbid American Space Mormon Jesus.

Wait, how is that possible. Sif is his sister and she is white, or are all females in Thor movies black?

>it's another there aren't other races, only blacks episodes
Getting tired of this shit, Hollywood

If they were actually meant to be more heavily based on the original Norse Gods then it'd be a bit more farfetched but it's clear they've always taken some liberties.

Also the ancient & medieval world wasn't this monolithic ethnically pure thing like some people think it was. The indigenous people of Scandanvia are the Saami who looked a lot less white back then than they do now.

Clever, you almost got me

>Why would aliens have different skin colors like humans?

God, I hope Captain Marvel has Mar-Vell bring up racism, as a pink Kree. That would just be freaking amazing.

>sigh if I can't see muh White people on screen get somebody other than niggers lol. Maybe another light skin race!

I used to give more of a shit until i realized all this is fiction and it doesn't fucking matter who is cast based solely on race. Grow up.

When you take a white character and cast a minority actor it's super deep and progressive. It's only just a character and you need to get over yourself you racist asshole.

When you take a minority character and cast a white actor, it's called white washing and it's super racist and horrible. It's more than just a character, and how dare you cast a white actor you racist asshole.

you should read about jap jesus

Thread Theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRjLCD3d8d4

>She's hot

I'm half-black as well and I think she is oogly

I'm not even white, retard.

only including blacks makes a movie inclusive

Asians are just honorary white people

Nobody gives a shit about indigenous people. They get fucked everywhere, if not outright genocided

Which makes it even funnier actually.

What about Hispanics, Arabs, Hindis, Native Americans, etc?

What's going on in this thread...

by Allah.

You know I used to think all light skinned races were white people when I was a kid, and that only people with color counted as different races

But it does matter. If someone is casted for a movie because he is non white and they need someone non white, then this means that for your job a firm may do the same. And unless your a trained ballet dancer, that can be a problem. Now in my country we don't have blacks, but we have ukrainians. Imagine not getting a dorm room, because it auto goes to them.And then finding out that the city and the state give them a special fund just for being from ukrain, while you have to slave to get a high grade avarge, only for them to get it too, because they get good grades for showing up."because it would be racist to give them bad grades". But what realy ticks you off, is when you go in to an oral exam and the fucker from ukrain gets a passing grade, while not anwsering a single question, other then "no I do not speak any language other then russian".

At least get a hot girl like in X-Men Apocalypse

Hispanics come in white or black flavors.
Arabs are sand niggers and we don't want them.
Who gives a shit about hindis? shitty tech support anyway.
Native americans are extinct.

>i'm black

yeah sure thing Tristan

Ironically you're overlooking the fact that she has notable Hispanic roots as well

Meme ethnicity that was invented in the 1980's. Still considered white unless they're evil.
Too scary for the masses
People will confuse them with arabs (also India is an evil patriarchy)
Automatically accused of exploitation of oppressed peoples.

Didn't people slam Gods of Egypt for having white characters? Why not the up roar over this, why the double standard?

actually marvel stuff esp. the netflix has a pretty big problem with asian actors/characters. look at daredevil.

it does piss me off that diversity seems to mean "woman + a black guy". even star wars did this, though they had the decently to add a hispanic dude too.

like, what about having arab/muslim characters that aren't terrorists, actual LGBT characters in 20 fucking 16, Romani characters that aren't caricatures or whitewashed(*cough* Thanks Whedon), black women being proper full on superheroes, etc. etc.

Can she speak Spanish? then no.

Yet The Major is being played by a White chick, not honorary enough I guess.

Asians tend to be more open to getting cucked and playing lap dog than those other races

>I'm a victim and I'm inconsolable!

> I don't know how niggers don't feel offended by being shoehorned on everything just for pity and not receiving a right treatment by Marvel.

The funny thing is there were some white nationalist who were trying to push this angle around the time the first Thor movie came out with Black Hemidall. That same opinion comes up in every thread about this kind of thing really, "why don't these poor niggers feel offended by this thing that pisses me off? Clearly I'm only shitting on this for their sake." It's like some kind of anti-SJW.

To be honest I just don't understand why I should give a fuck. Some black chick is going to play a comic book character, good on her. At least she's getting paid. It's not like she's joining a minstrel show. Marvel has been pretty decent with the black characters they've had so far. Black Panther is on the way and Luke Cage is right around the corner so it's not like they aren't doing any black focused shows or movies either.

I understand fans of Valkyrie getting pissed for the change because they're nerds and all nerds change in to screeching rage monkeys the moment you touch the thing they like, myself included. But let's be real, even among comic book fans, how many people actually give a shit about Valkyrie?

I refuse to believe you haven't made this same exact point 10 times already and haven't had the reason why explained to you forwards and backwards and inside out.

you know who has hispanic roots? the king of spain. Someone who is mixed black is not partly hispanic/white/what ever. He is black.

>Were black people asking for this even before the current political climate or did most not really care?
Black people are pretty into SJW crap.

>In the first Cap movie they glossed over interment camps and segregated units.
Can't let modern audiences get triggered, no matter if it means rewriting history.

>Tristan
Legit kek

I kinda liked her in Fearless Defenders(though it fell apart later on) so I sort of do. But she can be pretty vanilla so I actually feel good about this casting decision potentially doing something interesting with her.

what?

Educate me, user.

just more hollywood being progressive for backpat bucks. The usual.

>pikablu

holy crud, I just had a flashback to my childhood :0

I need a moment...

She's the single most important character ever and her race defines her entirely. This casting has essentially ruined all movies and comic books for me while simultaneously turning the U.S constitution into an instruction manual on date rape!

Good job brown people!

>Black people are pretty into SJW crap.
not really? sexism, anti-queer sentiments and a general conservative mindset is surprisingly common in a lot of black communities. It's the oreos that eat up the sjw stuff, and of course those are the only ones that get highlighted cause the others aren't pc enough

But that's just giving into the binary black or white race view that anons are accusing Hollywood of having. What about zoe Saldana?

Because Disney is liberal and your whinging won't change the fact that you'll still go see their shitty comic book movies

Imagine that you have to do a live-action adaptation of a book about a faggot whose one of their most important traits is being tall as fuck, but you cast a manlet because 'being tall is not his defining trait' or 'lenghtist biggot!!1!'.
This is actually the same.