Civil War II

>tfw Civil War II is getting pretty good
>tfw I'm reading tie-ins for ongoings I normally wouldn't, which never happens with events
>tfw Carol makes a pretty dank villain

It's a pretty good feel.

It's really really bad, but I'm glad you're enjoying your first or second event I guess, that's why they keep making them

It's really been basically fine the whole time.

Calling it really, really bad is fucking stupid.

The fact that this event is happening when there are already multiple precogs that exist will always bring down whatever quality this book has any hope in achieving.

>Carol
>Villain

You're clearly on the wrong side, user

It's a pretty good feel?

We already accept solo books, which have literally no stakes in a world with cell phones, without bitching.

Why would this be any different?

>pretty good

You're going to really love most other stuff then

It is really really bad tho.

It takes four issue for sides to be chosen and five to fight.

Bendis is the worst choice for events.

Are you legally retarded?

There are no books where somebody holds up a cellphone, and everyone starts gawking at it like it's some kind of game changing Star Trek shit.

There were several stories that came out prior and DURING the event. Cable was in the room when Ulysses was introduced. There's no excuse.

>Implying Bendis gives a shit about what other writers do.

I wouldn't be surprised if he said he never had read a comic book not written by himself

I was not aware that number of issues until people start punching was inversely correlated with quality.

The book needs time for things to gradually go wrong, so Carol can feel vindicated about the black and white circumstances and they can play around with Tony's paranoia gradually being proven right.
Is your argument that people reacting to Ulysses as something unseen before is stupid? I'm not disagreeing, but so is the fact that in any solo book where there's a legitimate possibility of danger, people don't just call the Flash for backup.

We already make concessions for this shit in order to read comic books, drawing the line at this point is entirely arbitrary. People just want a reason to bitch.

*Stories with precogs

Actually, he and Alonso came up with the concept for CWII during lunch while wondering what a hypothetical sequel would be about. They came up with Racial profiling.

They're aware that this story conflicts heavily with the established continuity, but during SDCC. Alonso pretty much said that they're more concerned about the moral message than established story.

I bet you thought Secret Wars was the best shit over because of its terrible pacing.

I guess I'm just getting old, but seeing people defend this event are just making me uncomfortable
People don't actually like it right
There's no way
Not even the company publishing it seems to have faith in it

I'm not of legal drinking age in my country yet

Tony and Carol both have inconsistent arcs punctuated by genuinely interesting character moments.

Why is that so triggering for you?

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling. Even some of the biggest Marvel fans I know hate Civil War 2.
A lot of people are hostile towards it on CBR, and that place usually loves everything Marvel does.

Fuck off Benis

So where is Reed Richards, why he's not playing a role here?

I mean he saved us of Battleworld.

Except this isn't a solo book. It's a crossover and a sequel. And as a sequel, you're expected to have some familiarity with continuity going into it. Since the first Civil War, there have been more that several stories with precogs in them. A majority being written by Bendis himself.

You can't just pick and choose which continuity to have your readers ignore. That how things get convoluted.

What's the whole situation with Disney and Marvel? Because I have a feeling that this event would've been better if instead of Ulysses, we had Raven from That So Raven

Add the fact that this is a Marvel event. And Marvel events are supposed to effect almost everything going forward.

To have something of that magnitude happen because everyone suddenly forgot about Cable and what happened with Vision weeks prior is laughable.

he's off playing god until fox gives something to perlmutter

>Sequel
Oh, don't act like a child. This isn't a fucking sequel any more than Secret Wars was and you know that. They're just using the name people are familiar with.

>There are other precogs in Marvel meme
None that spit out visions at the frequency that Ulysses does, which creates the opportunity for wide-scale shit like Carol is doing now, with the lack of assuredness that Ulysses's have.

This argument is literally retarded.

They never mentioned the previous installment in that event as much as they did in this one.

It may not be a proper sequel, but they still acknowledge the first Civil War happened.

The problem is that shouldn't be something that sparks another superhuman Civil War. Especially since time-traveling is a common occurrence in Marvel.

A majority of the superheroes shouldn't have even cared about what was going on until Carol went all Minority Report-style on every one.

>until Carol went all Minority Report-style on every one
Well, yeah. That's what it's about.

OP a fag. Most of Sup Forums sees this as trash

Nah it's pretty shit to be perfectly honest. I'm annoyed by whenever its brought up in any of the ongoings I follow. Thank god New Avengers is barely affected by it apart from Songbird's cover being blown by Homer/Ulysses.

It's amazing that Marvel hasn't learned any lessons in storytelling from the first Civil War. It is impossible for the writers and editors to do any subtly in deep political issues.

Even when Cap got bum-rushed by team 9/11 at the end of the first Civil War, Tony's actions were so far gone that you were nuts to defend his side. He cloned Thor, he put his friends in negative prison jail without trial, and took the Marvel universe down a more authoritarian route in general. He became Marvel's chew toy for over two years just to make up for all the horseshit.

You'd think they'd try to be careful with Captain Marvel's side in this event, and for a while it looked like it might happen. Even in this new issue she stated her reasoning in a way that you can disagree with but it doesn't seem indefensible. And then three pages later she's detaining an innocent women for being a Hydra agent with no evidence. This is pages after Tony explained how the precog works off of probability and percentages, but Carol throws that to the curb because otherwise we couldn't have a big superhero fight. Once again, even when Marvel tries to be "fair" it clearly chooses a side that is more defensible than the other.

Normally I wouldn't care about this but aren't they making a movie with this character? Why would they want this to be someone's introduction to her? It's incredible that Captain Marvel is going to get thrown under the bus so we can get the message that "profiling is bad."

>Calling it really, really bad is fucking stupid.

Kill yourself.

The entire situation with Bruce Banner is fucking stupid.

Teenagers arresting people for future crimes in Ms Marvel is fucking stupid.

The whole profiling metaphore is fucking stupid.

Its really stupid how quickly the sides tipped this issue. It went from either side possibly being right to Ulysses' power being proven to be probability but lets use his power to hold a random woman for no reason and flip out when other people have a problem with that.

They really threw her under the bus.

When was the last time Bendis wrote a good book?

I always struggle defending Bendis because the flaws are obvious by now, but damnit the guy's books got me into comics in the first place. Books like Sam & Twitch, Alias, and Jinx have grit, pathos, and fun. His New Avengers vol. 1 TPB got me into Marvel comics in the first place.

But yeah, his stuff isn't good anymore. I think the guy is just stretched too thin. I hope he gets to focus more of his own projects again soon.

>hasn't learned any lessons in storytelling from the first Civil War
Sure they have, you don't have to try if you make a story "important"

>I hope he gets to focus more of his own projects again

It's not like he has any passion for his work, the more titles he's writing the more page rates he can pull in. He's got 4 kids to support

I wish they'd stop with events desu Secret War was nice for all the side books but it's really fatiguing, and it ruins decent ongoing books before they get a chance to really do what they're doing.

I really think it's the reason why a lot of newer books have trouble getting off the ground/get cancelled, too, because the these big crossover events are always going to focus on what the important people are doing. While I thought it was too early for Kamala to join the Avengers, this is probably one of the reason why they pushed her towards it.

Maybe you should read spider-verse next

>it's really fatiguing
The sales numbers say otherwise

Don't blame the companies, blame the readers that eat this shit up every time they do it

Secret War actually did tie into the original quite a bit though. This has nothing to do with it, though there are some bits that ring familiar, replace Tony with Carol, Steve with Tony and Peter with Kamala.

Hey at least Spiderverse was a crapload of fun and didn't intrude on the wider universe. Why do people hate Spiderverse? It's the only crossover I've actually really enjoyed outside of the cosmic stuff, and even that took a bit of a nosedive.

Here's the thing even with the movies the comics themselves don't actually do all that super well or get new sustained readership all that often, and I think this is why. Some new people come in, some new people leave. Crossovers see decent sales for the crossovers relative to other books because well, they're the most pushed things, but they definitely harm sales outside of that.

There's a reason why other media don't do them so often. Crossovers/special events used to be a special thing and now they're just an excuse to fuck over the marvel universe/destroy New York in a slightly different way this year.

What's worse is *none of them are actually any good*. Avengers Disassembled basically ruined Wanda as a character, House of M was... interesting I guess, Civil War was promising but ultimately disappointing, World War Hulk much the same etc. etc... Axis was the only one that was actually kind of fun.

Most people can't afford to keep up with all the sales and very often these events are only enjoyable if you read the side books(Secret War being a great example) which can be tiring. Even with Annihilation & co. which were genuinely GOOD, there was still too much stuff to buy/read.

>Carol
>villain
The most confusing part of the entire post tbqh famalam

Somebody please update the Bingo.

>Character switches sides
>Comically evil
>Copy paste panels

and Arguably
>Dialogue about race politics
this whole shit is a hamfisted attempt to talk about racial profiling
>Event pushes a new relaunch
I'm sure this one is confrimed

Yup, somebody fill all those in

They way you say that like it's a bad thing makes me think you actually believe it is

>no climax is off screen and told via flashbacks

happened like twice already

>The most confusing part of the entire post

Did you miss the part where she's subjecting people to invasive mental probing (which has *got* to be a clearest violation of civil liberties ever) and then wants to lock them up forever when her pet psychics can't find anything?

That's exactly what a villain is senpai. She's less a character now and more a representation of the shittiest things cops get away with.

>senpai

lol, Sup Forums filters f.a.m. into sempai

Who wants to bet this story copies the climax of Red Son?

> "Why don't you put the whole world in a bottle, Carol?"

I feel like top row is going to take it.

>> "Why don't you put the whole world in a bottle, Carol?"

MCU Carol: "WIll it fit?"

Except it is really, really bad. Thinking otherwise just means you are brain dead.

The event is predicated on a precog existing. Except the Marvel U has had precogs before, and no one flipped out.

The event is then predicated on the Inhumans being petty assholes who don't want to learn more about Ulysses's powers but don't bother to ask him if HE wants to learn more.

So then, instead of outlining what he would like to do to Medusa and/or asking Hank McCoy, the Inhumans' pet scientist, to conduct experiments, Tony Stark decides he's above all laws (and reason) and breaks into New Attlian, kidnapping Ulysses, because THAT makes sense. Then he experiments on Ulysses, again without asking permission. Ulysses has all the agency and apparent free will of a kumquat.

Then to retaliate, the Inhumans blow up Stark Tower, because yeah, causing major damage to NYC (when buildings come down, they cause dust and debris and all sorts of things that basically make the life around the fallen building a living hell if not prepared for) makes logical sense.

Then Hawkeye decides to coldblooded, straight out murder another human being because, reasons. And that's okay because you know, Banner was a Hulk and Hulks are inconvenient to have around so sure, take his life.

Then Carol decides to say fuck the US Constitution, fuck basic civil liberties and human rights, fuck presumption of innocence and to keep people imprisoned because, reasons.

The whole event makes every single hero involved look like a grade A cunt. No one can use their words, no one can use logic, everyone jumps to conclusions and goes straight to nuclear mode. No one has stopped to think through their actions.

I get that it's comics, but at some point, aren't heroes supposed to be, y'know, heroic? Here they're just all moronic assholes.

You can fill in "Character switches sides" since the fucking cover of Ms. Marvel #9 gave away that Ms. Marvel is going to abandon Carol's fascist regime. Civil War #4 also had an entire page that's just the same panel used 9 times, so "Copy-pasted panels" can be filled as well. I'd say Carol's side is comically evil, and Tony Stark is doing nothing but trying to talk sense into a fascist.

People hate Spider-Verse because it was shit.

Hamfisted dialogue, bland boring unstoppable bad guys until suddenly they're not, murder of sentimental favorite characters just to troll readers so Dan Slott can make fun of them on social media, donut steel Mary Sues like Slott's Silk sucking all the oxygen out of the page (based Thompson saved that character), rushed anticlimactic ending.

So far, Civil War II is right down in the cesspool with it.

Tony is the one using his words. Carol just leaves the room whenever the argument isn't going he way, and she's forced into a moral corner.

>Hey at least Spiderverse was a crapload of fun
Don't reproduce.

>I get that it's comics, but at some point, aren't heroes supposed to be, y'know, heroic?

Nah man. They're all hanging out on the helicarrier now. I hear that Stiltman/Pastepot Pete are offering high pay to people willing to superhero for their Canada since all the old ones have fucked off to hang around Herr Commandant Marvel instead of helping people.

Spiderverse was a god damned abortion. It was a bunch of shitting on better old ideas that other people had so he could prop up the shit ideas he had.

I don't get why they're fighting. This is the dumbest thing for them to fight over.

Spider-Man's civil war tie-in has him following the suspect around and stopping him right as he is in the act of committing a crime so it means that he can't feign ignorance

Ms. Marvel's tie in has them kicking down a door of a guy who hasn't even formed the idea of committing a crime yet and locking them up.

This whole event is stupid.

The right side is already done. We have Kamala switching sides, Carol's side being hilariously evil, and we already know Marvel Now 2.0 is coming out of it.