So, what the hell happened?

So, what the hell happened?

Bumparoo

Well, when every episode is in danger of "jumping the shark" there isn't anywhere for it to go except over the shark at some point.

There was a significant drop in quality after the second and third seasons.

This statement makes no sense
How can there be a significant drop in quality after two seasons where one precedes the other

show went to shit when chang became a student
they should have kept him as a teacher

Easily. The second season started the downhill descent, and season three just fell off the cliff entirely.

Or dropped him in general. The reason for him being a student was okay, but it was executed TERRIBLY.

It relied to hard on theme episodes that when they didn't have then the show felt boring,

Relied too heavy on callbacks.

Every show that ends up doing this turns to shit
>Archer
>Always Sunny
>Arrested Development S4
>The League
>How I Met Your Mother

I watched season 1 and 2 years ago and wondered why I never finished.
Watched 1 and 2 again this month and started 3 (little over half in)

How does it fall off so hard? Its completely pathetic. Im more shocked this shit show goes on for 3 more seasons after this.

I recently rewatched the first three seasons of this and, outside of a few really good episodes, season three was way worse than I remembered it being. By the time we got to the "chang takes over the school" arc we were basically forcing ourselves to get through it.

Basically because Harmon left and then so did the two funniest characters, Troy and Pierce. Season 3 is the pretty much where you might as well stop watching.

Community seasons ranking:

1. 1
2. 2
3. 3
4. 4
5. 6
6. 5

Community hot tail ranking:

1. Annie Kim
2. Rachel
3. Britta
4. Frankie
5. Annie
6. Prof. Slater

>funniest character
>Pierce

You can't be serious

They actually make him racist. That right there makes him the best because he's the most realistic.

>DUDE RACISM LMAO
Sup Forums is an 18+ website kiddo

Haha yeah cause only old straight white rich dudes can be racist!

I'm not him, but Pierce was great in season one and had great moments in season 2, but a trend started in season 2 wherein quite a few characters' more wacky traits become drastically more severe, often accompanied by a notable drop in intelligence. Pierce went from being a petty racist idiot to a severely mentally ill petty racist maniac, Britta went from being an ignorant rebel hypocrite to a borderline mentally retarded emotionally stunted hypocritical slut, Chang went from being a very strange teacher with symptoms of potential neurological problems to a completely meaningless character with no perceivable actual personality save that he displayed whatever mental illness(es) suited the writers at the time, and Troy went from being a charming but naive jock to being an eternally pure of heart child and perpetual optimist holding the whole group together.

Who the fuck is Spigot?

because dan harmon left for a season

fired harmon for the 4th season, show became terrible
brought him back for 5th season, show became better

The paintball episode in the first season.

The show lost any semblance of reality from this point on.