Can we talk about Moonlight?

Can we talk about Moonlight?

How did all the kids know he was gay? Couldn't he have just kept it secret if he didn't want to be bullied for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66cIeb_nNO4
vulture.com/2016/11/surreal-experience-of-laughter-in-moonlight.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he just bee hisself

Bro, what the FUCK?

>How did all the kids know he was gay?

I think anyone who has ever gone through American public education has had that one kid who everybody knew or simply assumed was gay because he was different, or maybe a little too "girly."

do kids really show each others their little dicks in the restrooms?

Did you even watch the fucking movie? The kid wasn't really effeminate.

Faggot here (and I hate it.) Unfortunately when you're gay people just seem to know and they hate you for it.

He didn't punch them hard enough when they said he was gay.

I went through highschool 100% stealth gay. Is the show sent in the 50s or something? Now people would throw a parade for a gay niglet

Did you grow up under a rock? Gay kids are always the ones picked on by the rest of the pack. We all know youre the gay one, now its time for smear the queer, faggot.

He got a boner when they were showing their dicks

Miami in the 80's during the crack epidemic

actual niggers hate gay people

Well I wasn't gay at the time and I was a big guy so nobody had the balls to pick on me, except for some scrawny Hispanic who ran away whenever an adult was in sight.

If you go into the move not knowing that it's about a gay kid (like I did) you have literally zero indication about it until he asks his drug dealer mentor/father figure what a faggot is.

He does wrestle around with the other kid too. Though I agree they don't really show anything too obvious.

>it's a guy copies wong kar wais visual style episode
>no one calls him out because he's black

They didn't know, not really, they just bullied him because he wasn't like other kids since he was more of a reserved and sensitive type. Being called a faggot is one of the easiest things you can do to bully a young boy. His issue was that he didn't beat the shit out of them immediately like you're "suppose to do", i.e. he showed weakness and they preyed on that.

And that's part of the tragedy. He was acting like a good boy, not get into fights and minding his own business, only to get attacked for it and even worse, betrayed by his friend and the one person to whom he felt romantically attracted towards. Hence his violent outburst and turn into a macho drug dealer post-juvie.

Who?

>gay and black
>previous year oscars under scrutiny for not being diverse enough

lol no wonder it won best picture

>nu-Sup Forums

>nu
Oh, so you're one of those people who pretends to be cultured but really just shitposts on Sup Forums all day.

Gaydar is real. 9 out of 10 times you can tell if someone's gay by looking at them.

this movie didn't seem like it was set during the 80's. definetly felt modern, pretty sure he was using a smart phone near the end of the movie and he couldn't have been older than 25.

I give this flick a 7/10
Pacing bored me to tears, didn't really understand the meaning or purpose behind it(Life is hard for you if' you're black and gay, even if you don't know or don't reveal you're gay?) Aside from the mentor, I didn't really feel connected to any of the characters. Weren't exactly relatable due to the confines and style of the story. Also, was there any story at all here? I feel like everything could have been said in half an hour.

I'll give it props for the acting being superb and for portraying lifestyles we don't see too often in film in a non cliche way.

>Mediocre film gets insane levels of praise just because Kikewood critics have grown used to terrible capeshit.

kill me.

See the part where he wrestles with his future-boyfriend when he is a kid.

That scene has definite gay vibes.

No one knew he was gay, he didn't even know he was gay. He was just bullied for the sake of it, kids are assholes.

You realize that "capeshit" has nothing to do with it and they gave it Best Picture for the same reason they gave 12 Years A Slave best picture? Because they "had" to.

The Oscars is not about the best film. It's about the film that has enough Jewish support behind it. Look up what Weinstein has done.

I was not talking about Oscars specifically but overall praise for the film from "the critics".

Well, check this out: Brad Pitt is one of the executive producers.

I didn't watch this movie but I can tell you that children are very perceptive and can pick up on another child's mental illness very early on in life

how the fuck do you not know who wkw is?

youtube.com/watch?v=66cIeb_nNO4

Huh. As a HK person I'm glad WKW is known among people who like cinema
If you wanna win an Oscar just copy HK films, heh
Worked for Scorsese

I don't know why you'd expect anyone on this board to watch HK films.
I'm sure there's good ones, but I mean, how would you expect people to find out about them?

Test.

Haven't you ever been in school? You can ALWAYS tell who the gay kids are.

How did Juan die?

This, or something to that effect, was the impression I got. Y'all 'tarded

Why did they say "a minute" when they meant quite a few years?

Auto-erotic asphyxiation

They didn't say. Lots of occupational hazards when you're dealing crack

This is retarded.
Also, maybe nobody talks about WKW except film students, people who wanna appear refined and failed directors, because it's 99% of the time style over substance, whereas moonlight has a broader audience because it actually has a good story.

Do you think he broke the guy's back when he smashed him with the chair?

what a delightfully shit opinion. thank you for sharing

vulture.com/2016/11/surreal-experience-of-laughter-in-moonlight.html
Why are people so shit?

What the actual fuck this can't be an actual movie poster. No way this garbage aired in based Japan.

Sorry bro, even Japan is cool with gays now. Deal with it.

People hate the gay stereotype and rightly so. Gays have been around for thousands of years but this new perverse culture known as LGBT+ has formed around them in modern times and grown way out of hand.
The stereotypical culture of gay men today is just as fabricated as the culture surrounding trannies. Respectable gay men are now comparatively few and far between.

Lesbians, trannies, and the rest of that godawful acronym are invariably insane, though.