Why is he so reviled? People hate him as if he's Jar Jar Binks...

Why is he so reviled? People hate him as if he's Jar Jar Binks. Was he really that bad of an inclusion to a show that was pretty bland in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tkSSDT8u5o
youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9DbB_kqok
newsfromme.com/writings/scrappy-days/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because he is infact annoying and has zero flaws. He's cool, smart and strong and was added becuase of test groups and a new edge. He's the original poochie

at least he got his own game
youtube.com/watch?v=5tkSSDT8u5o

I liked Scrappy when he was with the whole group.When it was just him,Scooby and Shaggy it was kind of bad(excluding the Ghoul School).

don't make me dig up the scrappy rap nigger

Hating him was just an old-school meme, and I actually mean meme. It's like people calling Aquaman lame solely because of Superfriends. No one knows why they hate them, you just know that you're supposed to.

Except everything you said is horseshit. In fact, your first sentence even contradicts itself. The only thing he has is bravado, but that doesn't mean shit since he was never capable of taking on anything. That was literally the joke.

>He's the original poochie

No, because that would imply he failed. His sole purpose was to bring interest back to Scooby-Doo since not only had the series been stagnant for a while, it was also constantly competing with knockoffs with their own gimmicks. He managed to do just that, and managed to keep the franchise relevant up until the 90s, and by that time the movies kicked in. He's the only reason Scooby managed to avoid being a relic of it's time.

We've got a real scrappy Trappy over here. Looks like someone sure dresses up in girl clothes and exposes his asshole to a poster of scrappy on wall with a dragon dido glued to his crotch.

How about you go fuck a great dane, scrub

The poochie troop doesn't imply it fail, its an out of place character made for marketing purposes it might succeed like Cody of Step by Step that increased the ratings

>to a show that was pretty bland in the first place?
This. I always hated Scooby Doo because it was such boring shit.

But the Poochie trope does imply that nobody liked him, which was blatantly false. The hate for him didn't even start until way later after his introduction.

But he is flawed. Too damn small. Plus they never let him pit against anyone, he was the only member who wanted shit to be done.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9DbB_kqok

Too late bitch, I found it. Now you all have to suffer.

How can people look at themselves in the mirror and say to themselves they do not want to fuck Scrappy Doo from Scooby Doo.

Why did they give shaggy a red shirt?

This, there was nothing with Scrappy. I followed the Scooby Doo franchise a lot as a kid and I liked the new dynamic he brought with Shaggy and Scooby.

To me it just served as a nice reminder of "Hey, this is the spin-off show," in case someone was flipping through channels and couldn't immediately notice

he contributed nothing and always made stupid mistakes, plus his persona and voice were incredibly annoying

Daphne didn't contributed shit either

Holy shit I remember this now. One of my earliest waifu experiences.

Nice try, Scrappy.

I think you might be referring to good sir.

Red shirt shaggy had the best movies.

>he doesn't want to ravage Scrappy's tender asshole for all his false tough guy talk

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

She was bootyliciouz. And got tied up a lot, which 6 year old me thought was hot.

OCTOBER IN JULY

can't argue with that.

They tried experimenting with team dynamics by dividing the group into the mystery team of Freddy, Velma, and Daphne and the comedy team of Shaggy and Scooby. The latter obviously needed a force to motivate them otherwise they'd just lounge around in the Mystery Machine or find something to eat.

I watched the Scooby and Scrappy Doo show as a kid and his antics aren't as deplorable as people have you believe. He was just a kid standing up for himself and his uncle and friend, he didn't make things worse for them.

People hate him because he's viewed as the one responsible for the format change.

Scooby-Dumb fits that more than Scrappy.

yeah but scrooby was part of the original cast.

>Scooby-Dumb

Let's not even go there.

The original Scooby Doo was tolerable. This little shit was right before some show I liked and getting rid of Fred, Daphne and Velma felt really wrong.

Then let's go somewhere else.

He was supposed to be comedy relief in a show that already had Shaggy and Scooby. Plus he was constantly getting into trouble and provoking the 'monster'. Shags and Scooby were bumblers but they were capable of being cunning and pull their own tricks on the MotD. and even came up with plans like disguising themselves as a monster and scaring off 'Farmer JOnes'

Christ, now Scooby-Dumb was fuck awful. How Scrappy managed to get all the hate instead of this inbred is beyond me.

>How Scrappy managed to get all the hate instead of this inbred is beyond me.

The live action movie made him the villain. I don't really remember all the Scrappy hate until that was a thing.

That's not Scooby-Dum

because no one cared about Sooby doo before the movies

Scrappy is annoying in all of the wrong ways.

Oh, you're right. Pic relayed was Scooby-Dum. Christ, how many retarded redneck relatives did Scooby-Doo have?

Fuck the people, when I was a kid I liked him.

But I hated his grey uncle with the hat.

Only in 13 ghosts she did.

>redneck relatives did Scooby-Doo have?
>redneck

It funny because Scooby wanted to fuck his cousin once.

>Gang is a bunch of cowards
>One character isn't a coward and doesn't take the bullshit.
>His unrelenting courage makes him stupid at times but at least he's brave.
>Everyone shits on him.

Scooby that's your nephew how could you fuck him like that

newsfromme.com/writings/scrappy-days/

Scrappy was cute

Why was every Scooby family member just straight up cancer?

Welcome to the fucked up world of dog breeding

I see you posted an actual insufferable character who deserves all the hatred.
>muh llamas
>grating voice
>extremely low intelligence and annoying naivete

Jimmy Neutron would be much better if that fat fuck died.

Are you talking about Sheen?

But people liked Sheen before he got his own show. Carl suddenly became more of an asshole over time and had that crush on Jimmy's mom which just made things worse

Nah, I remember Scrappy hate even before the movie.
In fact, the only reason he was a villain in the movie was because Scrappy hate was already a big thing.

Scooby-Dumb was hated as well, but Scrappy was much more forced and prevalent than Scooby-Dumb was.

>had that crush on Jimmy's mom
Would you blame him?

i was a kid when the original Scooby doo cartoons were airing. scrappy sucked.

I dunno, I don't remember Carl being that bad. In fact, didn't he save the day a few times?

Now, Neo-Carl in the Sheen spinoff is awful, but everything in the Sheen spinoff is awful.

Posting some OC I made on Sup Forums

fucking christ I just forgot about this movie why must you dredge up these memories

I actually watched the show for Carl.
I guess Bolbi was the Scrappy, but then again wasn't he a one-off that got popular enough to get more appearances?

If you want a modern-Scrappy, look to Foster's Home with Cheese or Billy & Mandy with FredFredBurger.

Those are bad comparisons because Scrappy was actually a good character.

Bolbi was kind of annoying, but I don't remember any episodes focusing on him so it's not that bad.
I don't think Jimmy Neutron really had a scrappy character, but what do I know?

I dunno, even those two didn't really appear enough to warrent scrappy status. Maybe Cheese, but FredFredBurger was only in, what, 3 episodes? He was shoved down the viewer's throat in ads, yeah, but in the show itself he wasn't too prevalent.

A real modern Scrappy would be Poof or Sparky from Fairly Odd Parents.

It's a meme

>Scrappy
>Good
user, he's so hated that there's a fucking term coined in his "honor" to describe poorly made characters who the audience grows to hate. He's up there with "Jump the Shark" in terms of notoriety

>but FredFredBurger was only in, what, 3 episodes
Had UnderFist actually taken off as a series like initially planned (it was actually a pilot, but was instead treated as the Billy&Mandy finale), FFB would have been one of the leads.

And yes, Poof, Foop, Sparky, and whatever the new neighbor girl's name is are all fine Scrappy examples.

But nobody hated him at the time.

General audiences despise cast additions that are much younger than the other characters. Scooby do had a lot of repetitive jokes, but scrappy's gimmick of 'let me at em' does not mesh well with the mystery solving setting that was already established. Also, his presence takes away Scooby's comedy, as he constantly has to save him.

Bolbi was just barely a recurring character, he was just a funny talking background character most of the time.

Hey now, Jump the Shark is the best OC.

Scrappy is the Sup Forums equivalent of "It's a good game, but not a good [series] game." It added something that, when execs took note of its popularity, steered it to a different direction.
Personally, I didn't really care for the 3-short format like everyone else, even as a kid, but I liked the shows that had Daphne in it.

He saved Scooby Doo's franchise

That alone is enough for me to despise him

Flim-Flam was worse. Scrappy at least had the whole "foil to Scooby" thing.

Flim-Flam had no reason to exist other than "how do you do, fellow kids! Project yourself on this street urchin with an outdated name so you, too can be in the Scooby Doo Gang!"

It reminds me of the hate for Ghostbusters 2. Just a bunch of weird fabricated shit because in the age of the internet you have to hate everything. I remember when I was a kid everyone thought Scrappy was cool in a sort of 'new character that appears to spice things up in a sequel' sort of way.

>tfw like Flim-Flam

Thirteen Ghosts is the only half-decent Scooby Doo cartoon and you'll never take it from me.

His hate is literally a meme

Ghostbusters 2 had that really annoying plot hole in it though.
You know, the one where everyone forgot about all the ghost attacks from the first movie and now think the Ghosbusters are frauds.

Everyone knew Ghostbusters 2 was bad, but we didn't care because it was more Ghostbusters.

Hating on Scrappy is a popular pet peeve.

It's also frivolous and fun to exclaim a high importance to the artistic integrity of the Scooby Doo cartoon franchise.

Because at some point in their lives everybody over 30 was a dumb kid that wrung some sort of entertainment from one of the many iterations of Scooby Doo.

It was re-run and rebooted so often, you couldn't escape it and there were few alternatives.
It kinda was the Spongebob of its time.
Just with less production costs.