Polanski creeps me out but I love this movie

And I keep listening to the soundtrack. It's oddly comfy.

WTF to do?

Keep enjoying his films

this is one of the most comfortable films ever made.
One of Depp's best roles.

I watched this the other day. Pretty comfy but the praise is non-deserving. There was not a sense of urgency in the adventure

Based Polanski made the GOAT film version of Macbeth, who gives a shit about what he did, his movies are great

Says the guy who doesn't get pacing of a film that is not action nor adventure. The fuck.

Polanski is a great filmmaker

It's a great film and it's not even top 5 Polanski. Terrible people can make good art.

I would really enjoy watching Chinatown but thinking about Polanski would make sick

>Polanski is a pedo rapist
I wish this meme would end. He banged a couple of 16 year olds while doing coke with jack nicholson and refused to pay their mother the hush money when she blackmailed him. It's not like he's cruising around the world in a rape-mobile.

fpbp

It certainly was (intended to be) a mystery/adventure film. It failed and you defend it by pretending it was a different genre

>while doing coke with jack nicholson
OH SHIT, somebody actually said it!

Mystery isn't the same thing as adventure. You think it was meant be National Treasure 2?

except he literally got convicted in court for it drugging and anally raping a 14 year old girl

wait logic wont work what am I thinking this is Sup Forums, here how about this: all of hollywood defends him and he's jewish so it's actually edgy to point out he's a pedo rapist

>It's not like he's cruising around the world in a rape-mobile.

where do i sign up to do that

>Geimer testified that Polanski provided champagne that they shared as well as part of a quaalude,[17] and despite her protests, he performed oral, vaginal, and anal sex acts upon her,[18][19] each time after being told 'no' and being asked to stop.[12][20][21][22]

She was 13. It was in Nicholson's home, but he wasn't there. I know the pedo-defence force on Sup Forums is strong, but you're spreading blatant lies.

No, you're certainly making assumptions or reading IMDB. And (you) faggot, clearly didn't pick up on the serene soundtrack nor the fact that its a thriller/suspense with no elements of action save for a book nerd getting punched once. Go back to school.

You're morons.

Correct. I'd do it.

He didn't get convicted.

You don't get your cock in someone's ass if they're meaningfully struggling, you would be injured. She said "no, no" all through the laborious process of being lubed up and carefully entered, did she?

The fact that there were some sparse elements of the director's style doesn't change the fact that this is an American movie. We all know how American movies work and why they all look and feel the same.
It's a mystery-adventure WITH classic action (chase, stakeout, violence)

You should actually kill yourself.

Sorry to bring real physics into the discussion, but reality has to be faced.

The reality is that he was a 43 year old man and she was a 13 year old girl on fucking quaaludes.

Kill yourself you disgusting pedo apologist.

seperate the art from the artist. you think other hollywood filmmakers are saints? no, it's just that they never got caught.

you can hate him all you want if that bothers you, and still love his film. because his film did not rape that girl.

The reality is that she was a sex worker whose mom was working a grift. The reality is that quaaludes don't make a virgin asshole rapeable. And this is the asshole of a still-growing body. He would have been injured if she had been anything but compliant.

I'm not apologizing for his statutory rape, but it was statutory, not real violation. And oh yeah, she's forgiven him.

>The reality
None of that is "reality", its the baseless conjecture of an intellectually dishonest pedophile apologist.

Sorry, wasn't she a 16 year old who banged Polanski while he was doing coke with Jack Nicholson?

Yes, it's the reality. You haven't had sex yet, obviously. It's not baseless. I have had consensual anal sex with adult women, and from the degree of care and persistence required, I conclude that the resistance of Polanski's victim was jive, coached into her by the minor-league politicians who were trying to make an example of him. And besides, she could hardly say "my mom's a pimp who changes the price when she works how much they can afford", could she?

I'm not an apologist for anything.

I think the pacing and the eerie atmosphere is why I love this film. And soundtrack.

Btw this and the ghostwriter are great pair of comfy

Ghostwriter is very solid

>my mom's a pimp who changes the price when she works how much they can afford

Yeah why is polanski ever mentioned when the girls mother is forcing her to do it to get compensation from the "damages"?
Why arent people continuously shitting on the girl/mother for being prostitutes/pimp?

>better than the Branagh version

Nah

Welles > Polanski > Branagh > Kurzel

Puritanism is a big part of it - not being able to face that there are mothers like that. Those who think all hetero sex is rape and those who think all Jewish foreigners are rapists come together on this (though I'm pretty sure the mother and daughter are both Jewish too, so there's no reason for redpilled people to jump to attack Polanski, neccesarily).

>fucks a 13yo
>pedo

Real pedophile wouldn't be able to get it hard for someone who has any "adult" features in his/her body.

Also, the sex was consensual but when the mother found out, the girl panicked and lied that she was raped. She has already taken back the rape accusations.

Same.

This film was like a duel between Polanski's directing and Johnny Depp's acting, on one hand is the neurotic madness of Polanski's characters and on the other the stoicism and rationality of Depp's.

Polanski being genuinely insane did his job well, everything from the supremely arrogant and self-interested lewd characters, the paranoia, the satanic guy setting fire to himself to the fucking at the end had a kind of obsessive quality to it that you would expect from a rapist, all while Depp provided a foil and welcome respite. A sturdy vessel venturing into the world of sinners.

How could he have known whether she really consented or not? She was a tiny dumb 13 year old. Polanski decided to risk traumatizing someone just to bust a nut, he needs to be punished.

It's common sense that you don't go to a fucking guy's house to 'pise nude' at 13 when you have the reputation of a hoe. Anjelica Huston said she looked older than she was. It's fucking unfair towards Polanski that his whole career is overlooked just because a lapse of judgment, and you'd know he's not a criminal or a recidivist. Just a horny guy with an ambitious young lady.

Love ghostwriter.
The car chase scene and night at hotel were some excellent suspense.

>the praise is non-deserving
Speak English, retard.

>Anal rape is not a thing

Its funny because I would have paid money to be "traumatized" by my french teacher at 13

>everyone is you

do you think johnny depp has ever fucked a child? he could if he wanted to.

This.

He's not a predator. He's been married to the same woman since 1989 and they have 2 perfectly normal kids.

Polanski is not insane, just weird like artists usually are.