/CDG/ Crippling Depression General: Self Improvement Edition

Nightly /CDG/ thread:

What is the greatest threat to your success and happiness?

What can you do to improve your life, if only to assure others?

Other urls found in this thread:

straightlinecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Straight-Line_Leadership_E-book_2015.pdf
earlyretirementextreme.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Day 10 of nofap and I feel a lot better about myself.

Starting it off.

>What is the greatest threat to your success and happiness?
My drinking

What can you do to improve your life, if only to assure others?
Been cutting back a night a week, down to 3 days a week of drinking. Sounds lame but hey. I broke a habit.

I need to fucking limit my time on the internet but I have no hobbies.

The greatest threat to my success and happiness is my own idiocy, laziness, extreme anxiety, incompetence and poor decisions in general. I have close to no friend, barely ever go out (too scared), 22 and am a khv, fucked up my education such that I'm in a program that I hate and will not make any money out of, and I'm too much of an idiot to be able to learn what I would like to do, and to incompetent to do it.

There's nothing left I can do to improve my life, I already fucked it up because I was a lazy idiot 16y once. I already fucked it all up, and my best years are over.

The greatest threat to my success and happiness is my 3 year relationship that has clearly failed, a relationship I won't give up on because I'm scared to be alone. She is just slowing down our inevitable break up by literally lying about fucking everything. I try to make things better because I love her while she's making the whole process a living hell.

>nofap
>feel a lot better about myself

but I thought the point of nofap was to strictly avoid feeling yourself

spooks

Hey user, just ended a relationship of the same length. It was a different situation from yours, but at the end of the day is she the woman you want to have and raise your children?

Being alone isn't bad. Think about what you want in a life partner, be realistic, and go from there.

/CDG/
When did this become a thing?

We have an entire board for this kind of thing man.

But it's just an even more unhealthy environment. Deflecting it on girls or Chad or whatever and engendering a defeatist attitude.

I mean, if it's just an unhealthy environment, could explain why the thread was made in a different one.

It's one thread every other night or so. If mods want to get rid of it I won't try to get around it.

Researching is a hobby. A self-rewarding one too.

Havnt seen it.... Smells shilly... /r9k/ is the board for this.

If you really want help start a christian general /chg/

Do you fuck yourself in front of the mirror?

It's just a thread man... If it gets 404d then oh well.

>Greatest threat
Addition: caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, streaming TV shows, masturbation

Pretty much a crippling addiction to escapism in any form. Was taught to live like that during childhood. Have no support system to help me get healthy and anchored in reality.

>What I can do
I have to print out a "worksheet" for myself every day and check off things like "go for a run" and "no caffeine so far today" and "wash dishes." I just have so little control/motivation.

I normally make it three days, then slip and crash for a few days, then I'll get back on my schedule for another two or three days, then slip.

I'm considering going full Mr. Robot and building a daily "maze" for myself. No idea how to get a support system. Gotta find a friend that gets a kick out of "helping others" I guess.

>I'll gladly take advice from anyone who's worked through an addiction

It's almost like the only reason men are ever allowed to feel good and vital and energized is for the sake of finding a woman to fuck, after which you crash for a bit then go into woman finding mode again.

>who here /disposable male/?

are you me?

is caffeine actually bad? should i give it up?

Whatever our collective opinion on Joe Rogan may be, he did give the listeners one great piece of advice. At least it's worked for me...

Live your life like you're a superhero in an action movie. Pretend there are television cameras on you and you want to make the audience proud of you. Don't be cartoonish about it but understand how to be your best self and make every reasonable attempt to impress others by being calm, cool, and collected.

Kek has willed that it will not

Please don't make this a general

Keep your /r9k/ pity party off Sup Forums

You'll never do it because you have nothing to do it for, and you'll never be able to do it simply for "you".

Threat: No money

Improve: Work, develop software, save the money and invest from my home, read, practice new ways of living, fucking premium pussy

I edged for 16 hours today.

A GIFT FOR EVERYONE HERE

READ IT
DO IT

THANK ME WHEN YOU ARE IN YOUR 30s

also, some user posted a great book on self-improvement on Sup Forums two days ago, and I'm loving it

It really is helping me, here is the PDF

straightlinecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Straight-Line_Leadership_E-book_2015.pdf

This is what happens red dit boys. You have your shill vs anti shill ass fuck all over the board and it all falls apart. You made this thread.

>We have an entire board for this kind of thing man.
One board can't contain these feels

Please go back to /r9k/ and don't come back until you man up again.
If you can't make sense of it all because you are unable or too impatient too sort through the stuff you read, i.e. looking at real sources for what is posted rather than believing all the doom and gloom you need to gtfo.

That's pretty wild. Is there anything specific that sets off your alarm?

untreated depression

>What can you do to improve your life, if only to assure others?
literally anything that isn't sitting in my basement all day

>boo hoo im soooo sad
>Why dont girls like me
>lets circlejerk about how sad we are
Man the fuck up or end it, just don't shit up this board with your attention seeking

>you'll never be able to do it simply for (You)
Damn man. That's, uh, not exactly the support I was looking for kek

>THANK ME WHEN YOU ARE IN YOUR 30s
Thank you

I've suffered with Severe Depression since I was 12, on and off medication, on and off jobs, basically just gliding by the best I could. For the last year I've been unemployed, off medication, no insurance, and over 20k in debt. I recently reached out for help, got on some government gimmiedats, and have noticed a slight change. I'm working on getting back on a medication, with which I can get back into the workforce, and hopefully do something with my life beyond shitposting on a Taiwanese rice paddy appreciation society blog. Small steps in the right direction are still steps.

I'm posting for you you know.

But it was exactly what you needed to hear. This is exactly true as you were granted trips.

Had he no made that post, someone else would've been granted trips.

This is a sign that you are on the right destination in life.

It is true that if we have no real reason, end goal, for living a productive life that we will falter time and time again

Caffeine isn't bad at all it actually helps if you are depressed so you can be at least somewhat productive, it's more the dependency that's the problem, I take meds for anxiety and even though they help, being dependent makes you feel weak

No he's fucked.

Last time i sniffed caffeine, I edged for 2 weeks straight.

Even fapping at work whenever I had a chance to go to the bathroom.

Say what you want, but I'm never doing coffee again

thanks, but now I'm gonna starve to death

A cup of coffee is day is bretty healthy.

>is caffeine actually bad? should i give it up?
It depends on how much you take in and how sensitive of a responder you are. It can gradually fuck up your teeth and gums, which sort of sneaks up on a lot of people. And it can complete fuck your sleep schedule and make you sleep longer than you'd otherwise need to, which you don't realize till you've been off it for a while.

It blocks receptors for chemicals that accumulate as waste products over the course of the day. So those receptors won't signal for your body to go into sleepy mode.

The way I understand it, it causes waste products from brain activity to accumulate instead of signalling the process that cleans things up during sleep. The more you look into it, the worse you feel about it. I'm just addicted to it and it makes me get high and crash and it's the stupidest fucking thing to be addicted to.

Capitalism:
>success and happiness is doing what you don't like to prove to the system who exploits you that you are a good goy that wants to fit into a system that will never allow you to fit in
It's all worth it because when you die then Jesus will give you gold.

Caffeine creates a lot of anxiety in some people.

bullshit
Paleo and Ketogenic diets are quite cheap in practice

I m gonna stop it thoug. I always get a boner when I drink coffee (when solo obviously).

maybe its Pavlov effect, maybe its increase in bloodpresure.. but it always happens

Seeing as his response was
>not exactly the support I was looking for

I can see why you would think he is fucked. It comes off as him simply wanting to be coddled with positive words rather than facing the true and blunt reality of the situation

There are actually multiple dimensions of response to caffeine. I'm an ultrarapid caffeine metabolizer but I'm also sensitive to the anxiety increases from it, which is another genetic propensity entirely.

Generally, I think people should trial giving it up.

If you want to increase dopamine, take an energizing antidepressant.

This, please take this shit to /r9k/, Sup Forums can't afford to degrade its content quality further with wimps looking for attention. We already get frequent Reddit/CTR/whatever shithead special interest group astroturfing our board and endless "What did he mean by this?" or "Sup Forums UNEQUIVOCALLY BTFO PERMANENTLY" threads. This is a place that's better served informing people and stimulating hilarious meme-based political discussion, not acting as a haven for wretched self-pitying incels and depressives with no direction in life.

DiD - have to constantly deal with another personality in my head on a daily basis can be pretty hellish.

As long as I drown him out by putting forth all my focus onto a specific task I'm good but without it something to do I'll end up warping in and out of consciousness, not realizing what I'm doing (what HE is doing) and apparently forgetting things that happened maybe 5 seconds ago (once I come back into control).

Only thing I can really do is keep dealing with it and constantly do what I can to keep it under control. Sadly that usually ends up with me doing nothing every day but sitting on the computer focusing on either posting on Sup Forums or playing vidya or whatever manages to immerse me and bring quiet.

Only options would be to off myself otherwise I might end up doing some really crazy or become a NEET and live like this for the rest of my life. He's an impulsive bastard that's gotten 10/10's interested in me but also enjoys hurting people. I do know he beat the shit out of one of my friends for no fucking reason that I know of when I was really young and we were walking home. I couldn't even really remember what happened. Scared the shit out of me. That's when I really started to just distance myself.

Depression is just a side-effect.

>that sets off your alarm
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I have four alarms set every day to move me to the next phase of my day, which I turn off when I slip and give up, but I know you don't literally mean "alarm"

How do I get a good gf lads ?
Pls

>Inb4 church
Literally 100% old people

Have you been treated with an antipsychotic or lithium?

well, I was actually buying soy products on purpose. reading somewhere that soy prevents hair from falling out (which makes sense now that you say that it increases estrogen)

I just want to kill myself.

>This is exactly true as you were granted trips.
I can't argue with that

probably my cocaine habit and the fact taht im almost always broke

only things that i have to look forward to is /pol memes and my girlfriend

..fml

A shit show of an economy. High rent. My own psychiatric disorder (OCD).

>What can you do to improve your life, if only to assure others?
I live on my own and stay out of my family's way as much as possible, don't want them worrying about me etc.

I just keep reading self help books and philosophy and I am slowly getting better. Since I had therapy in 2013 I've come a long way. But we live in times where plenty of people are suffering. It will only get worse, so it feels like trying to climb a downward escalator.

why? the economy is going to shit, technology replaces human labor.. there is good chance of civil war senpai.

you might as well die in a battle like a real man

Extreme laziness, unwillingness to go out with friends, overall tendency towards self destruction whenever anything really "good" happens in my life. I'm also extremely pessimistic.

>What can you do to improve your life
I work a 9-5 job which I find really helps with my laziness. I tend to be much more productive when I have a routine to wake up to each morning. Not really doing anything to help my other problems

>Caffeine isn't bad at all it actually helps
Dubs check'd but citation needed

capitalism is indeed ugly for many reasons, but it gives you a lot of room within which to maneuver. you don't have to work like a dog, for example, if you don't consume like a pig. you just have to be a little aware and have some self-control, all good things in themselves. this site has a lot of good ideas in this vein:
earlyretirementextreme.com/

He will never find anything that will motivate him. Make it "worth it" for him.

He won't because he can't be sure of anything, his future let's say 20 years from now is out of his control.

He won't lose everything he worked for so he won't work at all.

fuck off chad faggot kill yourself stupid fucking leaf

SOME OF US DONT EVEN HAVE GFS OR DRUGS

FUCK YOU

I just want a woman to love and to hold.
But I'm not good enough.

shes only like a 7 and cocaine is hella expensive.

fuck you

I love how your decision ultimately hinges upon whether or not it gives you a boner

>Literally 100% old people

Doubt you've even been to a church except for maybe when you were a child.

Not every church is the same.

Luckily, for me, since I'm of russian decent and live in an area populated with many eastern europeans our communities are strong, family oriented, and church is a central part of our lives.

So there are plenty of waifus. However, I haven't been going to church lately

>reading somewhere that soy prevents hair from falling out
The fucking opposite senpai
If you want to stop hair fallout for non-genetic alopecia get rid of the estrogenic compounds

Soy is killing you if you are a male

>soy lecithin in literally everything
Good luck goyim